BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2021 5:19:47 AM EDT
Covid in Sydney: Military deployed to help enforce lockdown

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-58021718

Australia has deployed hundreds of soldiers to Sydney to help enforce a Covid lockdown.
A Delta outbreak which began in June has produced nearly 3,000 infections and led to nine deaths.
Australian Defence Force soldiers will undergo training on the weekend before beginning unarmed patrols on Monday.
But many have questioned whether the military intervention is necessary, calling it heavy-handed.
The lockdown - in place until at least 28 August - bars people from leaving their home except for essential exercise, shopping, caregiving and other reasons.
Despite five weeks of lockdown, infections in the nation's largest city continue to spread. Officials recorded 170 new cases on Friday.
Soldiers will join police in virus hotspots to ensure people are following the rules, which include a 10km (6.2 miles) travel limit.
State Police Minister David Elliott said it would help because a small minority of Sydneysiders thought "the rules didn't apply to them".
Information provided by health officials indicates the virus is mainly spreading through permitted movement.

The Australian Lawyers Alliance, a civil rights group, called the deployment a "concerning use" of the army in a liberal democracy.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:21:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Let the pew, pew, pew begin.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Nine deaths...better send in the troops!

It's about control, we gave them a taste, now they have a hunger. That's why they are parading the Jan 6 event morning noon and night. To so us we better not ever step out of line again
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Hope they hid them with in a 10km distance.  

Jesus Christ….. Fucking ridiculous!!!

I hope their chains rest lightly.  

This is why the 2nd guards the rest.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Lolz…..unarmed patrols.

Makes sense since the population disarmed themselves.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:40:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:47:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Democrats are drooling over the thought of being able to do that here. That's the kind of power that makes a control freak moan in ecstasy and satisfaction.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#7]
A Delta outbreak which began in June has produced nearly 3,000 infections and led to nine deaths.
View Quote
You read that, and you feel like you're taking crazy pills.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#8]
The whole world has gone mad.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:51:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Australian govt took all their guns
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wonder how many infections and deaths they have at this time (it's winter there) during a normal flu season from flu?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:59:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Aww man.

The prime minister assured us that New South Wales was the gold standard.

If you can't trust a man who crapped himself in a McDonald's, who can you trust?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess now we know why. You can't enjoy a good tyranny if the people can actually fight back.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:06:32 AM EDT
[#13]
So the citizens are effectively imprisoned with allotted time in the yard?

Is this hostage taking cuz they can't leave their homes?.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#14]
CDU

Clowns Down Under
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

As China sits back and laughs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:17:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL What's the difference if .mil or local leos arrested people for going to the gym or the church? They did it here and we sat by going hur dur respect the tyranny.  2A is great but no one here will use it, we're just slaves with toys that go boom.

Leos, the fed, and/or .mill be enforce whatever tyrants want and we'll just take it. That is the reality of the situation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#17]
This delta variant “might” be more contagious but it appears from the data to be less deadly.  Either that or they are now actually using several of the things they had suppressed before to actually save patients.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:17:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Deploy the Slingshots! Never mind, they turned them in.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Australia has consistently had the most over the top response to COVID of any first world nation.  That country is so fucked.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#20]
3000 cases, 9 deaths.

Yes yes, by all means call out the Army.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:47:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
3000 cases, 9 deaths.

View Quote

This.   Sydney has a population of 5,370,000.   Shut.Everything.Down.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL What's the difference if .mil or local leos arrested people for going to the gym or the church? They did it here and we sat by going hur dur respect the tyranny.  2A is great but no one here will use it, we're just slaves with toys that go boom.

Leos, the fed, and/or .mill be enforce whatever tyrants want and we'll just take it. That is the reality of the situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep you will just take it in NJ, a state of pussies

Don’t speak for the rest of us please. Remember, even the founders of this country didn’t fight back until the ruling government ACTUALLY sent troops to confiscate weapons and ammo, this has not occurred yet
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#23]
And they told their subjects they didn’t need effective rifles. Lol. Boy, I bet they feel silly now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's Aussie-stan. The Kangaroos willingly turned in their guns then willingly elected a Fascist government.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's about control, we gave them a taste, now they have a hunger. That's why they are parading the Jan 6 event morning noon and night. To so us we better not ever step out of line again
View Quote

Yea, holy shit. 9 deaths????
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, the west's leaders have started down a path of full tyrannical control because of their shit decisions and they're afraid there is no going back for them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3000 cases, 9 deaths.

By that standard, they should issue the soldiers cutting torches and start disabling vehicles as they patrol. I'm sure more than 9 people die in a week in Sidney in vehicle crashes.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:09:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Australia has consistently had the most over the top response to COVID of any first world nation.  That country is so fucked.
View Quote

Last year they were using aircraft to hunt down people who went camping in remote areas in violation of their lockdown.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#31]
I mean, it IS universally deadly to everyone. Everyone will get sick and die!!!  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:15:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a result it will be more like:
Pew, shuck, shuck, shuck, shuck, pew…
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Democrats are drooling over the thought of being able to do that here. That's the kind of power that makes a control freak moan in ecstasy and satisfaction.
View Quote

That's what I keep trying to tell my buddy....

I don't mean to sound like a doomer - but no matter how 2A some of our citizens are, if there is pushback, they're gonna turn our military against us and there's only so much you can do when a tank is being rolled at you.

Hence, why they are trying so hard to weed out all the "national terrorists", "bad think" or whatever out of our military ranks at this time...

So, we need to learn from what's going on in other places and plan/think accordingly...
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Wow.  I used to be enamored with Australia and want to visit.  Not anymore.  Talk about control.  This stupid bug has provided the means for governmental control forever, because it isn’t going away.  This is bizarro world.  I once would have said this would  never happen here, but our gov is running over us as well.  Grandpa Biden should never be involved in this mess, it’s a medical issue.  That there tells you it’s about control.  When he says he is considering a mandate.  He works for us.  I hope someone reminds him of that.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:18:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
3000 cases, 9 deaths.

View Quote

Has nothing to do with COVID deaths...

This hoax is more about a lot of things - one of which is gaining control over the population and having an "excuse" to bring in the Brown Shirts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:18:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Where are the aussie posters here on GD now? They used to defend whatever their retarded country does all the time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:22:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Where are the aussie posters here on GD now? They used to defend whatever their retarded country does all the time.
View Quote

They are locked down, didn't you hear?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:24:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Interested in hearing from them as well.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong, they surrendered their guns.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#40]
It is starting to read like a movie script.

In submitting to China all western countries systematically become like Vinchy France. They just don't bother to tell the citizens they surrendered, at least not yet.

Using the military against it's own population instead of the aggressor(China) makes a good plot line to the story.

Tin foil not required.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Aussies and Kiwis have turned out to be the biggest bitches/pussies on the planet.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:40:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

not really, no surprises here. govt doing what it does best
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the numbers that I heard are correct, they only got about 1/3 of the guns and since Australia is an island, there are lots of places to land boats to bring in more guns.

P.S. I heard that they were back up to the number that they had before the confiscation started.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not just dem leaders.  Go check out DU.  The dem citizens are drooling for a lockdown.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Revolt is a moral act.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:11:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Nancy Pelosi says "Hold my quart of Gin, and watch this".

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#47]
The politicians and the "military" have names and they have addresses.

Until they start coming home to a burned down structure and a missing family they will continue to expand their power, and the "military" will continue to do their bidding.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh yes - send in the troops - they get it and take it home....

Win Win all the way around!

Red
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Jesus fucking christ. I'm not a COVID denier, but there is no fucking reason whatsoever to try to lock people up in their homes no matter how bad the disease is. It basically does not spread outdoors at all, ever. This is fucking outrageous.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yep you will just take it in NJ, a state of pussies

Don’t speak for the rest of us please. Remember, even the founders of this country didn’t fight back until the ruling government ACTUALLY sent troops to confiscate weapons and ammo, this has not occurred yet
View Quote

LOL ok mr two more weeks, this is the line in sand, I got my guns I'll fight tyrants, your right just as mine has been eroded every day and yet here we are. Let me know when you're ready to act.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top