Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope the BATFE tore their property apart and it ends up costing them thousands of dollars.  Stupid fucking assholes invited The Man into their life and they deserve everything they get!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Those would have come in handy for the dark days ahead.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 6:49:45 AM EDT
[#3]
WTS M16 parts kits
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Never invite the man into your life.

How hard is that to remember?

Never call the cops.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#5]
In Kabul, this would be known as Tuesday = they find hundreds of cases of M16's there every day of the week...!

Courtesy of the wholesalers Lesco, Brandon, Imports & Scoots
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never invite the man into your life.

How hard is that to remember?

Never call the cops.
View Quote

I'm actually surprised they weren't indicted. These days? I would never contact federal law enforcement and I would never, never, never invite them over for coffee. FUCK all federal agencies these days; they are the domestic enemy.

That finding would quickly get buried and OPSEC imposed to the extreme. They would either have to transfer them to another off-the-books storage case or figure out how to make one case disappear from inventory. Five to ten years from now, they would come in handy...

Friends don't let friends report M16's found in surplus storage cases...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lol

I just want to brag that I predicted this.
View Quote

I remember reading your post in that thread and thinking yeah, I should buy one of those cases. Haha
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 8:44:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not worth the risk keeping the guns. It’s not like you could sell them, show them off or even shoot them anywhere but a really remote place that you had to drive them to and from. Essentially, they would be 12 Federal felonies waiting to fuck up the rest of your life. The longer and further they are separated from the circumstances in which they were found, the less believable the story becomes to investigators, prosecutors and a jury.

But yes, I would be tempted
View Quote

ref the Diversified Machine thread. Loose lips and all that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Man I wish my boat hadn’t sunk last week.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 8:59:53 AM EDT
[#10]
What a dumb cunt
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:03:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hope the BATFE tore their property apart and it ends up costing them thousands of dollars.  Stupid fucking assholes invited The Man into their life and they deserve everything they get!
View Quote

No, they don't deserve an oppressive government hell bent on only punishing law abiding citizens for trying to do the Right Thing.   They don't deserve to be harassed because they were honest, and trying to return property that wasn't theirs, and clearly shipped by mistake.    They don't deserve to be disparaged because they have ethics.   They need to be commended - even if you don't like the NFA, that couple did the honorable thing.

We need to tear the BATFE apart for being commie fucksticks, and for being dishonest oppressors - which is EXACTLY why people like yourself feel there is no longer any reason to act honorably when it comes to NFA stuff.

If the bank sent them $50k in unmarked bills, would we see them differently when they tried to return it?

What if the $50k was hypothetically from a children's charity, or your church?

TL;DR:   hate the Feds for being dishonest commie asswipes.   Don't hate on good people trying to do the right thing.   We need more good people, and less Feds.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:09:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I didn't know those hardigs were like scratch offs.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:17:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yup
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At the very least I'd be stripping the parts off the lowers. And then destroying the lowers.

Yup

Fact
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Not going to call them stupid, since I value my freedom a lot more than some beat up A2s.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#16]
The Biden administration will now ban any future sales of surplus weapons storage cases.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#17]
If you'd been moving and stacking empty wooden cases all day, I'd think one 60+ pounds heavier would stand out?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#18]
As someone who has handled these same backbreaking, knucklebusting, pain in the ass cases thousands of times I honestly don't see how this could have escaped someone's notice.

The cases are cumbersome to move around by yourself when they are empty.  Once full it is a two man job to muscle one around, they are extremely heavy.

You simply can't mistake a full one for an empty one.  The people that took the case HAD to have realized it was full of something. when they loaded it in their vehicle.

Something about this story doesn't add up.  

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As someone who has handled these same backbreaking, knucklebusting, pain in the ass cases thousands of times I honestly don't see how this could have escaped someone's notice.

The cases are cumbersome to move around by yourself when they are empty.  Once full it is a two man job to muscle one around, they are extremely heavy.

You simply can't mistake a full one for an empty one.  The people that took the case HAD to have realized it was full of something. when they loaded it in their vehicle.

View Quote
Maybe palletized by someone who was clueless or just didn't care, and then handled by fork lift after that?  They bought 108 of them so it's not like they just threw a couple into the back of a pickup.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#20]
SCORE!
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Forklifts don't feel the difference in weight. They didn't pick up 100 cases in their minivan.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
“Honey,, why’s there a bunch of pvc pipe and post hole diggers in the garage?”
View Quote

yea, bury them till they are needed after SHTF...
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:04:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Legally should be their property now.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#24]
thinking I need to buy some surplus gun cases off ebay ...
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:09:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not going to call them stupid, since I value my freedom a lot more than some beat up A2s.

View Quote

I think some people here are trying to convey it’s safer to not turn them in regardless.  The guy tried to do the right thing and then got served a search warrant.  
  It would be safer to torch cut the receivers or just melt them then to get the man involved.  
  It shouldn’t be that way, but you get the wrong office and it could go south quick.  Take a peak a the news. The federal government has been weaponized and your on the wrong side.
   I also value my freedom and it has nothing to do with keeping some beat up A2s
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#26]
I was contemplating buying those cases on September 3rd.

Sad panda .
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

They had to know something was in there, but it didn’t mean they looked.   Hell they turned them in

If your speaking of the chain of custody.  Have you ever met the average Army E2
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No, they don't deserve an oppressive government hell bent on only punishing law abiding citizens for trying to do the Right Thing.   They don't deserve to be harassed because they were honest, and trying to return property that wasn't theirs, and clearly shipped by mistake.    They don't deserve to be disparaged because they have ethics.   They need to be commended - even if you don't like the NFA, that couple did the honorable thing.

We need to tear the BATFE apart for being commie fucksticks, and for being dishonest oppressors - which is EXACTLY why people like yourself feel there is no longer any reason to act honorably when it comes to NFA stuff.

If the bank sent them $50k in unmarked bills, would we see them differently when they tried to return it?

What if the $50k was hypothetically from a children's charity, or your church?

TL;DR:   hate the Feds for being dishonest commie asswipes.   Don't hate on good people trying to do the right thing.   We need more good people, and less Feds.
View Quote

The problem with your argument is that giving the government back something that is not illegal in the first place is immoral. Secondly, they paid for it via taxes and purchase of goods - it is their's to keep.

See 2nd Amendment for reference. All laws beyond that one and only are illegal and unconstitutional.

Otherwise, being honorable is commendable. But you have a duty to not do that when the law is unjust.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:24:27 AM EDT
[#30]
I wouldn’t touch them. Let the atf handle it.

Not worth any hassles
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
At the very least I'd be stripping the parts off the lowers. And then destroying the lowers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I think some people here are trying to convey it's safer to not turn them in regardless.  The guy tried to do the right thing and then got served a search warrant.  
  It would be safer to torch cut the receivers or just melt them then to get the man involved.  
  It shouldn't be that way, but you get the wrong office and it could go south quick.  Take a peak a the news. The federal government has been weaponized and your on the wrong side.
   I also value my freedom and it has nothing to do with keeping some beat up A2s
View Quote
I agree that you are taking a risk either way.

Just consider that depending how those cases were tagged while in inventory and processed for disposition, you could always be one audit away from a knock on your door.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#33]
"Yes sir here is the case they gave me. Yea, I thought it was empty, but it sure wasn't! It had this strange handwritten note in it."

*Hands note to agent*

Note reads: "FATF"

"I can't for the life of me figure out what f*** the ATF means..."
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#34]
I’d be looking at who else bid on that lot and for any connection to the people in the warehouse they were sold from.

Many years ago a family member bought a two wheel walking golf cart to carry a bag. They gift wrapped it and gave it as a present.

When opened, it contained a bunch of small high dollar items from the source store, including a dozen or so leatherman multi tools.

The conclusion that was arrived at by those involved was that someone at the store had loaded the box with stuff they wanted and intended to buy the “cart” at the end of their shift, but it was mistakenly brought to my family member instead, for purchase.

Having dealt with seaman Schmuckatelli I can also see how it may have just been a case of nobody pays me enough to give a damn.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Heh - given that those were transferred under the authority of the US government, I’d have at least tried to make the argument that they were legitimately mine under the NFA.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Fuck.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#37]
That sh*t never happens to me.

I would chicken out and drop them off to a military base.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They had to know something was in there, but it didn’t mean they looked.   Hell they turned them in

If your speaking of the chain of custody.  Have you ever met the average Army E2
View Quote

You make a very valid point.  The officers that used to sign my inventory sheets never made their way to the vault to verify if the damn rifles and pistols were even in there, let alone that we were properly keeping track of them.  They just signed whatever I emailed over.

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Dear God.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I think I'd just have to store them safely for as long as it took me to research the best way to keep them off the streets, out of the hands of our children, and return them to their rightful owner the U.S. government without penalty to myself.

That could take some time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Destroy the receivers then have them rebuilt into semi autos?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Seems to me that if the cases were open and there was a canteen, helmet cover, or compass that the purchaser would have title to said item as they have purchased the property AS IS from the federal government.  That said, if they wanted to turn these back in since they are a control item, they should have had an attorney communicate with the govt.  I don't know whether the proper party to tun them in would be the ATF or US Army.  But one would think that the only item to be returned would be the stripped receivers since the buyer bought the entire lot as is.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a stupid fucking asshole comment.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#44]
My guess would be that this was supposed to be some sting of sorts that CID, or the feds forgot about when they sold the cases. IIRC they did this with the fast and furious guns too.

Some feds might eventually show up to your door with the receipts of purchase on the cases and make your life sporty. Someone somewhere is missing those guns in their base population inventory.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:00:21 PM EDT
[#45]
blockheads.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:22:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#47]
A friends dad was clearing ammo bunkers out in Umatilla army depot many years ago the officer in charge told them they could take whatever they wanted he found a full crate of new 1911's that went into his truck brought them home and sold them back in the late 70's
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#48]
You know, you would think they might have noticed the weight difference.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#49]
1. Why would the ATF want a warrant?
2. What judge would sign off on a warant under those circumstances?

Mike
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Jesus wept.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top