Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2021 8:39:47 AM EDT
Needed something in a hurry and couldn't find what I was looking for. When I leave work, I'm filthy. Wife starts thinking on it, and says hang on. Comes back with a hooded pull over sweatshirt and a bath towel. Proceeds to put hoodie over seat backwards, slipping the hood over the head rest. Laid towel on seat and tucked it in where the seat and the back meet. Works great and it's easy to take everything off to wash. Sorry, no pics of my amazingly hot wife.

TLDR.....old guy improvises car seat covers and didn't follow the rules.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#1]
CSB of the day for sure.  Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I did the old towel seat cover for years.
Thes days,, I keep a Duluth seat cover tucked in the door for when I might need it.
I always have a couple cheap fleece blankets tucked away for similar emergencies.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Honest question. If you know you are dirty leaving work and are concerned with your interior, why would you not have bought seat covers already?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I did the old towel seat cover for years.
Thes days,, I keep a Duluth seat cover tucked in the door for when I might need it.
I always have a couple cheap fleece blankets tucked away for similar emergencies.
View Quote

Yep, still need something for the back. Thought about the blanket idea, but, no seat belt cut outs. May just end up getting a universal rear seat cover. Need something easy on/off and machine washable.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 8:57:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Honest question. If you know you are dirty leaving work and are concerned with your interior, why would you not have bought seat covers already?
View Quote

Waiting on custom fit seat covers to come out. Couldn't find anything for the '22 hrv.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Op, according to the images on Honda's website, your side airbags come out of the sides of the seats. Might wanna rethink wrapping them up with hoodies.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm... Non-sequitur here.... "amazingly hot wife,"... Drives a HRV...
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Vote for ban hammer for OP...  "amazingly hot wife" and no pics.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:13:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Needed something in a hurry and couldn't find what I was looking for. When I leave work, I'm filthy. Wife starts thinking on it, and says hang on. Comes back with a hooded pull over sweatshirt and a bath towel. Proceeds to put hoodie over seat backwards, slipping the hood over the head rest. Laid towel on seat and tucked it in where the seat and the back meet. Works great and it's easy to take everything off to wash. Sorry, no pics of my amazingly hot wife.

View Quote

Too bad no pics; sounds like a good idea.
Wouldn't mind seeing "amazingly hot wife", either.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Fail post!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Old guy did not improve car seat, your WIFE did.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:34:30 AM EDT
[#12]
An improvement to the T-shirt car seat
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 10:35:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well that’s a bold assumption in this day and age assuming it couldn’t be both.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:18:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Op, according to the images on Honda's website, your side airbags come out of the sides of the seats. Might wanna rethink wrapping them up with hoodies.
View Quote

Oops! I thought I had a good thing going.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hmmm... Non-sequitur here.... "amazingly hot wife,"... Drives a HRV...
View Quote

Hey, it's not just the base model. It has a power moonroof.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:20:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif
View Quote

She would kill me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been doing the sweatshirt trick for decades. A little over 3 decades to be exact. I thought everybody that worked construction or some other dirty job knew about this.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Been doing the sweatshirt trick for decades. A little over 3 decades to be exact. I thought everybody that worked construction or some other dirty job knew about this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never worked construction. Sorta concerned about the side airbag thing now. Am I going to die?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:28:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up_zps5c0357b9_GIF-103.gif
View Quote

Dunno... the wife's boyfriend seems to agree.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Never worked construction. Sorta concerned about the side airbag thing now. Am I going to die?
View Quote

Seems like the simple solution would be to cut a slit in the side of the sweatshirt to match the airbag, maybe leave a small spot connected at the bottom? Not sure how well it would stay in place, maybe Velcro the slit together in a few spots?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Order a roll of mechanics seat covers on amazon?
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Seems like the simple solution would be to cut a slit in the side of the sweatshirt to match the airbag, maybe leave a small spot connected at the bottom? Not sure how well it would stay in place, maybe Velcro the slit together in a few spots?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea. May go this route. Will post AAR when done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top