BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are you one of those people that want to destroy the USA because slavery happened? Not disagreeing with your conclusion that Russia isn't good for Ukraine. But your argument is trash. Russia isn't even the same government that did the Holodomor.  That's like killing Germans today because they did something bad when ruled by Nazis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m sure I’ll be accused of being a Russian bot, but I truly wonder if the average Ukrainian would have noticed a difference in any way if there were an overnight change of power

Do yourself a favor and research how Russia has treated Ukraine in the past before making ignorant comments.

Start with researching Holodomor.

Are you one of those people that want to destroy the USA because slavery happened? Not disagreeing with your conclusion that Russia isn't good for Ukraine. But your argument is trash. Russia isn't even the same government that did the Holodomor.  That's like killing Germans today because they did something bad when ruled by Nazis.

Russian state media has openly stated that they believe the idea of being Ukrainian should be eradicated. Russia has been seeking that goal before, during, and after the Soviet Union.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

President of UKR has $850 million in bank accounts that nobody can explain how he amassed.
Because there is no proof it's true.

Yup, no proof of it…on the flip side there is no proof its not.

I haven’t seen any proof that you aren’t a Biden loving groomer.

You don’t just get to make claims and then demand proof they are untrue. That’s not how it works.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:41:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There is only about 130 million taxpayers. If we just use the latest payment of 40 billion thats $307 per tax payer. But we’re in a lot deeper since 2014 when Ukrainians started killing Ukrainians, so its probably closer to a $1000 per tax taxpayer.
View Quote

Your funny, Ukrainians killing Ukrainians in 2014? More like Ukrainians fighting Russian GRU, Mercs, Kadyrovites, ex Russian military, and Russian Cossacks, with a spatter of ethnically Russian Ukrainian citizens leading the front page for the SVR press corp.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You got anything to back up the claim he has that much?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

President of UKR has $850 million in bank accounts that nobody can explain how he amassed.

You got anything to back up the claim he has that much?

Total BS claim. Multiple investigations have put his total portfolio before the war at about 22 million. Most of that nontangible assets in the form of ownership of a comedy film company.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m all for seeing dead Russians
View Quote

I just don't understand this. What the hell do I have against a Russian peer of mine? What kind of fucked up thinking is this?

A Jihadist "peer" of mine, sure, but Ivan just drinking tha vodka and trying to get by is supposed to be my enemy?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone actually red the bill, most will get spent on US equipment, pay troops, and or go to US or EU/NATO aide organizations for refugee stuff.

It’s not like we are sending them a 40 billion dollar credit card. Of that 40 billion 30 will end up back in USA at least.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In before the posters that say it's worth every penny.

Edit: got beat.
View Quote

I’ve already spent more than a grand sending non-lethal aid over - medical supplies mostly, cigars and creature comforts. I’ll gladly spend more and don’t ind $115 of my tax dollars to allow the Ukrainians to grease orcs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In before the posters that say it's worth every penny.

Edit: got beat.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Expanding Russian Bloc?  Lol, they are staggeringly incompetent.  They can’t drive their trucks because of tire rot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Given the impact on depleting the military of an enemy, money well spent.

Erasing Russia's military for pennies on the dollar. Probably the best use of federal funds since the Alaskan Purchase.

My only complaint is that it is additional spending. Find some pork to cut to offset. There's probably a few billion allocated somewhere for gender studies of reindeer or some other bullshit we can cut.

This.

It's sad to see how dense some people are regarding the geopolitical and economic implications of an expanding Russian Bloc.

Expanding Russian Bloc?  Lol, they are staggeringly incompetent.  They can’t drive their trucks because of tire rot.

Yep. And those goofy Chinese will never be able to project force beyond the South China Sea.

See how that works?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:51:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Russia isn’t a threat to us on the battlefield but in the world of cyber. They steel and cause billions of dollars of damage in the US every year.

One of two belligerent countries who could potentially take down are power grid overnight.

That’s a threat they have made. They also penny threaten nuking us every 4 weeks for years with by hypersonic middle or drone torpedo. I guess we should play patty cakes with him.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There is only about 130 million taxpayers. If we just use the latest payment of 40 billion thats $307 per tax payer. But we’re in a lot deeper since 2014 when Ukrainians started killing Ukrainians, so its probably closer to a $1000 per tax taxpayer.
View Quote

It’s not just a dollar figure

What “could” that have done here, directly for our entire country.

No rounding error bullshit, we send enough away that’s wasted we could solve the entirety of our issues.

But solving issues here would be bad, because when life is good politicians jig is up
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:53:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anyone actually red the bill, most will get spent on US equipment, pay troops, and or go to US or EU/NATO aide organizations for refugee stuff.

It’s not like we are sending them a 40 billion dollar credit card. Of that 40 billion 30 will end up back in USA at least.
View Quote

Correct.

Most of ARF is functionally retarded though, because reading is for f***ots.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I’m sure I’ll be accused of being a Russian bot, but I truly wonder if the average Ukrainian would have noticed a difference in any way if there were an overnight change of power
View Quote

Ibmg
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:56:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What difference does it make. You are being stolen from every single day regardless.

You are a fucking tax slave, get over it or do something.

Keep voting that'll fix it.

"Everything is fine", arfmilz

View Quote

I’m curious if you have ever posted without stating that
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Whatever it is I don't mind paying it. It's a deal compared to what it would cost us to fight a reconstituted Soviet Union that just had an easy win in Ukraine and would start telling countries like Poland that they had better drop out of NATO or get invaded like Ukraine.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just don't understand this. What the hell do I have against a Russian peer of mine? What kind of fucked up thinking is this?

A Jihadist "peer" of mine, sure, but Ivan just drinking tha vodka and trying to get by is supposed to be my enemy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m completely with you.

It’s sociopathic, yet they claim they have the moral high ground.

Some real winners on here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Correct.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.

It seems that way I like the good old days of arf com, back when 60% were patriotic Americans that liked guns. Now it’s trolls, bots, fringe characters, and foreign actors. Sadly so many of the opposition have had their ideas shaped by Russian and Chinese information operations. They don’t know it but Russias goal has always been to tug America into a mass of people who disagree with each other, and believe nothing they hear, see, or watch. Sadly it’s hard to see the truth and lies. It does require time and effort.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I’m completely with you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m completely with you.

Who do you pull for when you hear about someone putting down a home invader intent on raping and killing them? The innocent person or the home invader?

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Russians are not our "peers" and view us as standing in the way of their return to "greatness"
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Let's use round numbers:
~350 million US citizens
~150 million taxpaying US citizens

$   40 billion Ukrainian aid bill
$7,200 billion total federal spending (in 2021 per FRED

$   115 Ukrainian aid per US citizen
$20,700 total federal spending per US citizen

$   270 Ukrainian aid per taxpaying US citizen
$48,000 total federal spending per taxpaying US citizen

The amount of Ukrainian aid is a pimple on a deathbed patient.  The amount of wailing and gnashing of teeth over that pimple is, at best, far out of proportion to its' effect and has to be the result of propaganda efforts to divert attention from far bigger spending issues.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Any amount is unacceptable

Eta if people wanna piss away their own private funds have at it. Don't waste my tax money on irrelevant to american shit.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

the impact on inflation from russia sanctions is near 0 when compared to the impact of the fed printing and spending money. lets have some perspective, 40 billion is .3% of 12 trillion, a very low end estimate of the spending since trump took office.
View Quote

Even the printing is small compared to how much was created with artificially low interest rates.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Who do you pull for when you hear about someone putting down a home invader intent on raping and killing them? The innocent person or the home invader?

View Quote

The innocent. Next question
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Right here.

What is the cost of not sending money there and letting Russia expand?
View Quote

You think Russia is going to stop?  You still think Ukraine is winning?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Your funny, Ukrainians killing Ukrainians in 2014? More like Ukrainians fighting Russian GRU, Mercs, Kadyrovites, ex Russian military, and Russian Cossacks, with a spatter of ethnically Russian Ukrainian citizens leading the front page for the SVR press corp.
View Quote

Yep. The "russian separatists" in eastern Ukraine were mostly bussed in since the 90s. Sent around the said they were not being treated fairly, right after russias puppet was ousted.

This idea of bussing around people to offset the native population who will later claim unfair treatment should be sounding pretty damn familiar.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:28:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, that's an interesting reply  
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which country is the invader?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yep. And those goofy Chinese will never be able to project force beyond the South China Sea.

See how that works?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Given the impact on depleting the military of an enemy, money well spent.

Erasing Russia's military for pennies on the dollar. Probably the best use of federal funds since the Alaskan Purchase.

My only complaint is that it is additional spending. Find some pork to cut to offset. There's probably a few billion allocated somewhere for gender studies of reindeer or some other bullshit we can cut.

This.

It's sad to see how dense some people are regarding the geopolitical and economic implications of an expanding Russian Bloc.

See how that works?

Right now our policies are helping the Chinese.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s the problem, 30 billion will be laundered back to the politicians that approved this debacle! And most that goes to “NATO” will also pad rich folks pockets, spit!

Ukraine is a known money laundering country, ask the Biden’s, Ukraine is Europes problem, not ours! I fired off sever nasty emails and called the offices of my reps.  I’m still mad about the waste of my tax dollars!   Russia can have Ukraine, like Crimea didn’t care then either.

How much help are we getting from Europe to protect out southern border?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yep. The "russian separatists" in eastern Ukraine were mostly bussed in since the 90s. Sent around the said they were not being treated fairly, right after russias puppet was ousted.

This idea of bussing around people to offset the native population who will later claim unfair treatment should be sounding pretty damn familiar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps spending on our border security is actually a good idea.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:40:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anyone who thinks not funding border security was ever about the money is on a different planet.

It was never about the money.... it very rarely is.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:45:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Any amount is unacceptable

Eta if people wanna piss away their own private funds have at it. Don't waste my tax money on irrelevant to american shit.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I don't fucking care as long as they're finally killing shitbag Russians with my money.

I've lived through the cold war and payed a shitload of taxes over my life to hold off the "Russian hordes".  Now I'm finally getting something for my money.

The Russians had their chance to join the civilized world with the fall of the Soviet Union, but the Communists just changed hats and became Mafia without the political guise. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

They can eat Javelins and I'll happily pay for them.
View Quote

Well said!!  
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Anyone who thinks not funding border security was ever about the money is on a different planet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just find it funny that the people, both in government, media and various Soros funded organizations are all about Ukraine and against the US protecting its borders.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:14:44 PM EDT
[#35]

About the only time I would approve of Russia using a tactical nuke on Kyiv. That was a missed opportunity there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How much will it cost to replace the equipment we are sending over?
View Quote

Yah, 20 year old drmo hmmwvs are priceless.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Mixed feelings.

If it payed for a Stinger that destroyed a Russian Tank, money well spent imo. But thats just me personally. It shouldnt be forcefully taken from people's wallets.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

More or less the same as scrapping the ordnance because it's been in store so long it's passed its shelve life or become obsolete.  Stuff become milsurp for a reason.

You have missile designed to destroy tanks and instead of sitting on a shelf it's being used for its intended purpose except it's the Ukrainian forces doing the armoured vehicle reduction.

Bonus is the real time testing against the best Russian armour.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#39]
The US spent billions during the cold war against Russia.  Russia backed North Vietnam and we spent billions in 1960s dollars on that war.  Think of the cost of all of our nukes and occupation in Germany over the years.  The bear needs to be euthanized and it's money well spent.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So it is free?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Mixed feelings.

If it payed for a Stinger that destroyed a Russian Tank, money well spent imo. But thats just me personally. It shouldnt be forcefully taken from people's wallets.
View Quote
Stinger tank kill would be impressive, since they are a MANPAD system.

Although the Ukrainian STUNGA ATGM said hold by beer and took out at least two flying helos.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Well, that's an interesting reply  
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:01:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Which country is the invader?
View Quote

Russia

Keep going
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The US spent billions during the cold war against Russia.  Russia backed North Vietnam and we spent billions in 1960s dollars on that war.  Think of the cost of all of our nukes and occupation in Germany over the years.  The bear needs to be euthanized and it's money well spent.
View Quote

Username checks out
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#45]

If there ever was a time for an Iskander missile strike
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:09:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A formal assessment dated 5 years ago.

Ok, I'll take back the Russian plant part and say instead they must have gotten their act together since Zelensky took power. Dialing back to a US political level of corruption had to be a huge improvement over their prior Russian style corruption

The observed facts still do not remotely align with what is described in that old assessment.

It also fits, the Neptune was barely in development when that report was published. The Bayraktar partnership was entirely after that report
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Check the citation

A formal assessment dated 5 years ago.

Ok, I'll take back the Russian plant part and say instead they must have gotten their act together since Zelensky took power. Dialing back to a US political level of corruption had to be a huge improvement over their prior Russian style corruption

The observed facts still do not remotely align with what is described in that old assessment.

It also fits, the Neptune was barely in development when that report was published. The Bayraktar partnership was entirely after that report

It's fucking hilarious that any assessment that shows Ukranians to be the turd world corrupt losers they are is met with "RUSSIAN DISINFORMATION" reflexively and with no critical forethought.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

And the US is sending way more than everyone else, ridiculously more. Major economies, such as Germany are doing almost nothing, although they would be ones actually threatened by Russian expansionism; if Russia actually had the capability, which they don’t.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is it always the USA paying for all these wars all over the world? How many other countries are sending money or military equipment to the Ukraine?

Were 30 Trillion dollars in dept and the Republicans voted for it.

There's a whole list of countries sending money, equipment,aid to Ukraine. It's pretty easy to research if you desire.

And the US is sending way more than everyone else, ridiculously more. Major economies, such as Germany are doing almost nothing, although they would be ones actually threatened by Russian expansionism; if Russia actually had the capability, which they don’t.

I think so far the US has spent around twice as much on Ukraine as all of Europe combined.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If you think buying $67,000 worth of drugs, Tabaco and alcohol for homeless people is better than destroying Russian assets with other peoples troops, i feel sorry for you.  Homeless people, to a large extent, can simply not be helped, because they don't want it.  Want proof?  See how much we spend every year supporting people who are single parent households with 5+ children from multiple fathers and ask, if we can spend that kind of money on them, and their situation never gets better (but sometimes more kids and fathers) then why would anyone expect homeless to improve based on a one time payment of that kind of money?  It's throwing good money after bad.  At least we are getting some sweet videos out of Ukraine... you get the bum fights on the CA boardwalk for "free" already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The amount that was just given ($40mil) could provide $67,000 for every homeless person in the United States. Now I am not a homeless advocate, but that could fund a lot of mental health, medical, education, job training, and housing. Yeah, I know that most of them don't want help, but it puts things in perspective.

If you think buying $67,000 worth of drugs, Tabaco and alcohol for homeless people is better than destroying Russian assets with other peoples troops, i feel sorry for you.  Homeless people, to a large extent, can simply not be helped, because they don't want it.  Want proof?  See how much we spend every year supporting people who are single parent households with 5+ children from multiple fathers and ask, if we can spend that kind of money on them, and their situation never gets better (but sometimes more kids and fathers) then why would anyone expect homeless to improve based on a one time payment of that kind of money?  It's throwing good money after bad.  At least we are getting some sweet videos out of Ukraine... you get the bum fights on the CA boardwalk for "free" already.

Blockbuster would be rich again if they sold ukraine vids for what we paid for them huh?

Your point is invalid, the money doesn’t have to go somewhere… it isn’t an either/ or thing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I just find it funny that the people, both in government, media and various Soros funded organizations are all about Ukraine and against the US protecting its borders.
View Quote

Do you think showing more weakness on the world stage and ignoring Russias invasion is going to some how stop illegal immigration?

The parallels are a warning sign, nothing more.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do you think showing more weakness on the world stage and ignoring Russias invasion is going to some how stop illegal immigration?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you feel that if the US doesn't fund most of Ukraine's war it makes us look weak to Europe, who live next to Ukraine and comparably are funding very little of their neighbors war?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top