Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/31/2018 10:36:41 PM EDT
LINK

Family is whining about "Black lives not mattering" and "Black lives being worth a measley 4 bucks"

Sorry but when you get drunk and point a pistol at police officers, your B L ceases to M.

MAGA
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
$4 seems high
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$4 seems high
View Quote
FPNI, bigly
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Should have gave them Tree Fiddy.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:40:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Because the jury found that Mascara was only 1% responsible, the verdict was reduced to 4 cents, and then, because the jury found that Hill was drunk at the time, the final payout was nothing.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

...but I just gave the Loch Ness Monster tree fiddy two days ago!
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#7]
He obviously didn't care about his life, so why should anyone else...
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
FPNI

The family should call that a WIN.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
I see what you did there

Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FPNI, bigly
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$4 seems high
FPNI, bigly
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"I gave him a dolla"

"She gave him a dolla!"

"I thought he'd go away if I gave him a dolla"

"Damnit woman, if yougive him a dolla, he's just gonna 'sume you got mo!"
Never seemed so appropriate as in this discussion.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Ouch. How about $2.50 and a Jawbreaker? A dollar and some envelopes?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Why didn't Black (Criminal) Lives Matter burn the city down?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#14]
The story doesn't seem to paint an accurate picture of what went on in the courtroom. The Jury must have been calling shenanigans for some reason. They were sending a message to the plaintiffs.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#15]
You can't possess a handgun in your garage in FL?

If the police started shooting because he was brandishing on the other side of the garage door (can you even be 'brandishing' in your own house?), how did the gun end up in his back pocket?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The story doesn't seem to paint an accurate picture of what went on in the courtroom. The Jury must have been calling shenanigans for some reason. They were sending a message to the plaintiffs.
View Quote
Something isn’t adding up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You can't possess a handgun in your garage in FL?

If the police started shooting because he was brandishing on the other side of the garage door (can you even be 'brandishing' in your own house?), how did the gun end up in his back pocket?
View Quote
Who gives a shit?

Guy is drunk, on probation for drug charges, blasting rap music loud enough to generate a call to the cops, AND armed?

Adios fuckface. Your family gets nothing but sweet sweet memories of your worthless ass.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:02:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Priors?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Should have billed them the cost of ammo
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Gotta round up, make the family feel like they got a deal!
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#21]
You know it's bad when you automatically read the thread title as 4 mil instead of 4 dollars. Then i started laughing lol
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#22]
$4 is too much, in my eyes it means that they had to acknowledge and award damages.

They should have gotten nothing, and be forced to pay legal fees for the defense for their frivolous lawsuit.

So no, $4 is funny, but it is not a win.  I mean it's kinda worth it, but still not really the right answer.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:05:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
$4 seems high
View Quote
It was reduced to four cents
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#24]
"He also said there was no blood spatter on the gun, which seems to back the family's claim that the weapon remained in Hill's pocket the whole time.

There were issues regarding timing as well, the attorney said. It was determined that Newman fired all four shots in less than 1.2 seconds, and an expert said the final shot to Hill's head would have immediately disabled his motor capabilities. This raises the question in Phillips' mind: How did Hill get the gun in his back pocket after he was shot?"
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:07:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Who gives a shit?

Guy is drunk, on probation for drug charges, blasting rap music loud enough to generate a call to the cops, AND armed?

Adios fuckface. Your family gets nothing but sweet sweet memories of your worthless ass.
View Quote
Id say 90% of the people here are armed and drunk at any given time. Half of those are probably blasting some sort of music.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
$4 seems high
View Quote
Ambulance chasing Lawyer gets 3/4!  
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Id say 90% of the people here are armed and drunk at any given time. Half of those are probably blasting some sort of music.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who gives a shit?

Yet somehow their ineptitude doesn't get them featured on the evening news. Ever stop to consider that the story pushed by MSN is likely more than a little skewed?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
$4 is too much, in my eyes it means that they had to acknowledge and award damages.

They should have gotten nothing, and be forced to pay legal fees for the defense for their frivolous lawsuit.

So no, $4 is funny, but it is not a win.  I mean it's kinda worth it, but still not really the right answer.
View Quote
Nah. Not tipping a shitty waiter isn't nearly the "fuck you loser" statement that tipping two nickels is.

The jury could have easily said "we award nothing", yet they chose the $4 as a statement.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#29]
I would ask to make payments
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:36:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Wanna make 4 dollars the hard way?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You know it's bad when you automatically read the thread title as 4 mil instead of 4 dollars. Then i started laughing lol
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#34]
It really looks like a scum bag was killed by other scum bags. I highly disbelieve that he reinserted a pistol back into his pocket after they shot them.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Me too.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:44:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I used to be guilty of that, except for the loud music.

I'm here to tell y'all, it's so much easier to hit what you're aiming at when you quit drinking! I recommend it for almost everybody.

edit: I say "almost everybody" because my buddy Steve can drink all day and still hit things that most people can't even see that far away.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#37]
ZFG
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It really looks like a scum bag was killed by other scum bags. I highly disbelieve that he reinserted a pistol back into his pocket after they shot them.
View Quote
I take it that means you believe what MSN is pushing.

Ah I just noticed who was posting this. Makes sense.

If the dead guy is a "scumbag" then the circumstances of his death don't really bother me. I'll leave it to the cops to get shit done when needed.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:48:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Good or bad, right or wrong, op has some snuff film to share from his spank bank!
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
That would have been EPIC trolling on the jury's part.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I take it that means you believe what MSN is pushing.

Ah I just noticed who was posting this. Makes sense.

If the dead guy is a "scumbag" then the circumstances of his death don't really bother me. I'll leave it to the cops to get shit done when needed.
View Quote
Just noticed who is posting? What the fuck does that mean? haha

Where did they dispute they found it in his pocket?

Look, I know you get sexual pleasure from this shit, but maybe you should learn to read a little bit more carefully. The lawyers states the pistol being found (by police) in the back pocket is one of the reasons he is appealing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
.....and we're off
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#43]
I have no idea how any of this works, but if they ruled against the plaintiff, then couldn't there be an appeal?  Now the plaintiff "won," so no appeal, right?
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:58:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yet somehow their ineptitude doesn't get them featured on the evening news. Ever stop to consider that the story pushed by MSN is likely more than a little skewed?
View Quote
"Once inside, officers found Hill dead with an unloaded handgun in his back pocket, not his hand, court records show."

Court records skewed too?
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"Once inside, officers found Hill dead with an unloaded handgun in his back pocket, not his hand, court records show."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not debating where this gun was. Don't care. For all I know, he was brandishing it, saw the cops open/shut the door, and stuffed it in his pocket before they shot him.

Society has lost an obnoxious drunkass with a drug history, and now we get to listen to his family whine about equalitahhhh lol
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 12:17:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have no idea how any of this works, but if they ruled against the plaintiff, then couldn't there be an appeal?  Now the plaintiff "won," so no appeal, right?
View Quote
A good point. If the jury knew the scumbag’s family could appeal a loss, they may have wanted to make sure that didn’t happen by letting them “win” then giving them a pittance as the award so it was a win in name only.

Of course the bit about the gun not being drawn bothers me. If he wasn’t a threat, he shouldn’t have been shot. Needs more info.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm not debating where this gun was. Don't care. For all I know, he was brandishing it, saw the cops open/shut the door, and stuffed it in his pocket before they shot him.

Society has lost an obnoxious drunkass with a drug history, and now we get to listen to his family whine about equalitahhhh lol
View Quote
scumbag or not, it is not illegal to hold a gun in your own garage.  The cop started shooting through the door just because he was (supposedly) holding it, and not because he did anything aggressive towards them with it
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
$4 seems high
View Quote
It is. They should have lost and had to pay for their own attorney's fees and the state's attorney's fees as well, for such a frivolous lawsuit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 12:27:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

scumbag or not, it is not illegal to hold a gun in your own garage.  The cop started shooting through the door just because he was (supposedly) holding it, and not because he did anything aggressive towards them with it
View Quote
Ok fine. Send the cop to Race Training with the smelly Starbucks hipsters and call it a day.

You know it's strange, this shit never happens to me. Then again, I don't get wasted and blast music in my neighborhood either.

My giveashit tree bears no fruit.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you dont care why they shot him, only that they shot him and thats awesome?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top