Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2018 10:04:46 PM EDT
So earlier today i went to the state store to buy a bottle of Macallen Classic Cut. $95 after tax.

The clerk put the box in a plastic bag.  I walked out of the store to the parking lot and the box / bottle fell on to the hard asphalt.   The bottle shattered inside the box an all that precious liquid ran all over the ground.

I was horrified.   Upon inspection, The fucking plastic bag was ripped down the side allowing the box to fall out.

Fortunately,  i took the bag / box back into the store,  showed them the ripped bag and without further questions,  they replaced my bottle.   Double bagging it this time.

So this is my cool horror story of the day.  With a happy ending.

Now I'm enjoying a healthy pour and a cigar.

Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I never trust a plastic bag when I am carrying good whiskey
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 10:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow! A state store did that. They are trying harder, God bless them. Enjoy, pour a few drops on the ground for the fallen.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 3:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
That sucks, but good on the store for replacing the bottle.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 1:21:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So earlier today i went to the state store to buy a bottle of Macallen Classic Cut. $95 after tax.

The clerk put the box in a plastic bag.  I walked out of the store to the parking lot and the box / bottle fell on to the hard asphalt.   The bottle shattered inside the box an all that precious liquid ran all over the ground.

I was horrified.   Upon inspection, The fucking plastic bag was ripped down the side allowing the box to fall out.

Fortunately,  i took the bag / box back into the store,  showed them the ripped bag and without further questions,  they replaced my bottle.   Double bagging it this time.

So this is my cool horror story of the day.  With a happy ending.

Now I'm enjoying a healthy pour and a cigar.

View Quote

Great to hear they made it right. Never trust plastic. Double wrap that soldier or demand paper or even an empty box. I'm sure they have plenty. Enjoy your scotch!
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Plastic bags are like farts, never trust 'em!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Something costing that much should be carried with tender love and care
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Ya got lucky on the store fixing ya back up, that,s good on their part.
Even if I had that bottle in an old cardboard box it would be carried in the crook of my arm like a baby.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top