User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2021 11:16:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah, hell... we've all done that.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that going to be a "standby to copy a phone number" or just sort of ignored because it was funny to everyone on duty?

I would hate for them to get burned for that silly shit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I’ve heard stories from pilots first hand that were far, and I mean far worse from years ago.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#5]
"F*gs and h*gs"
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve heard stories from pilots first hand that were far, and I mean far worse from years ago.

View Quote

Somewhere around 25 years ago, I knew a pilot who didn't realize he had a stuck button for about half an hour, while he was flying cross country in a twin and having a conversation over the intercom with the guy in the right seat.

They were discussing various ladies that worked at the airport (office, pilots, etc), their physical attributes, how willing they were, etc.

He had another long conversation (that he didn't want to have), after he landed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:21:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Somewhere around 25 years ago, I knew a pilot who didn't realize he had a stuck button for about half an hour, while he was flying cross country in a twin and having a conversation over the intercom with the guy in the right seat.

They were discussing various ladies that worked at the airport (office, pilots, etc), their physical attributes, how willing they were, etc.

He had another long conversation (that he didn't want to have), after he landed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The most egregious one I can think of involved two female pilots and took place about twenty years ago. This was told to me around 2013 or so from the female captain. Right around the time the southwest pilot went off on the rant about the “ three Gs” while Hot Miking. We were at cruise at the time, bored, the subject came up and my female captain turns to me and says that she personally had a Hot Mike incident years before that she wasn’t particularly proud of.

Mind you, this is a woman I have a good deal of respect for even till this day.

So she tells me that it’s her (left seat) and another female as the FO and they were pushing back out of one of the busiest airports in the US and they’re on something like leg 3 of 5. A fairly long day. Start taxiing and they get in line and end up being number 40ish for the active runway. Stop. Go. Set the brake. Repeat.
Runway gets shut down ( wasn’t told why).

After a while they’re just sitting there they start chit chatting waiting for the runway to open back up and the subject of *ahem.... oral stimulation for their counterparts in their lives became the topic of discussion. They start comparing techniques and their likes and dislikes. This goes on for about five minutes. Then they start wondering what’s up with the runway and how long it will be until they can start the other engine.

The captain keys up to inquire. Dead silence. Again. Nothing.
They start scratching their heads about why they can’t reach ground control anymore.

Eventually, she looks down to see the FOs transmit indicator on the right side of the comms is on. Gulp. They kick it off and the whole lot of pilots that had been monitoring ground erupt in laughter and jibes. Something like 40-50 different crews all heard their little conversation, not to mention ground control and anyone else over frequency.

And they still had to depart and continue their day.

She told me she didn’t hear a thing about it from anyone. Nothing punitive anyway. But years later she was at a pilots convention and overheard someone referencing the incident just by pure coincidence in the crowd. Got to hand it to the gal, she’s a legend.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]
He may not be wrong but in the current PC environment I am guessing he gets a talking to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top