Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2020 2:12:06 AM EDT
Anyone else playing? Have a team of about 9 of us so far. Little arcade-like, but its fun.

If you want in, contact me for discord!
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 4:33:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I really liked the campaign and zombies.  Haven't done PVP yet.  Have to get up early tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 6:04:37 AM EDT
[#2]
It is the best COD since BOII. Most in between has been want to be a HALO game. I want realistic as possible. I miss the original America's Army. Could not bunny hop and if you jumped to high you slowed way down. Still to much bunny hopping and unrealistic jumping in this one.

I play when I can. Hit me up on xbox live, Big Show Wilson.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s a Treyarch game, so I don’t care about the multiplayer.

I really want to play the campaign though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Snagged it because I thought the subject matter was finally good again? My oldest daughter snagged it when it came in the mail though so no dice yet.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#5]
In Discord, I'm Kujoe#0803
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to get it, but I’m still running my good old trusty PS4. Should I wait till I get a PS5 (probably around January if they’re available) or should I just download it to my PS4?

Will I be able to play my old downloaded games on PS5? Aren’t they all tied to my PlayStation account?
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 7:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It’s a Treyarch game, so I don’t care about the multiplayer.

I really want to play the campaign though.
View Quote

I finished the campaign today. It was disappointing
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm holding out for a PS5/BO:CW bundle to upgrade from my PS4. So I'll see you guys next year.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 3:44:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Man the reviews aren’t so good. Metacritic user score is even worse. I just got the game. Still in its shrink wrap. Contemplating on whether or not l’ll like it...
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Man the reviews aren’t so good. Metacritic user score is even worse. I just got the game. Still in its shrink wrap. Contemplating on whether or not l’ll like it...
View Quote

They are saying campaign is short and shit and looks worse than MW
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They are saying campaign is short and shit and looks worse than MW
View Quote
I can tell you for a fact multiplayer is dog shit compared to MW. I really think they hit it out of the park with the new MW.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I cant speak to whether the multiplayer is shit compared to older MW games.. The last COD I played was back in the BOPS 1 days.. But I am enjoying it.. Havent played any of the campaign mode
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:25:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Every CoD I can think of has had lackluster MP reviews on release. The internet shitted on the new MW when it first came out, but they mostly worked things out after awhile, with patches/updates.

It's just the way it goes, it seems.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#14]
First COD I've enjoyed for a while.  I've heard there are only 8 mp maps which is a disappointment, that will get old fast but I don't think I've played them all yet.  The single player is pretty good so far but I'm stuck.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can tell you for a fact multiplayer is dog shit compared to MW. I really think they hit it out of the park with the new MW.
View Quote

It looks shittier, but is geared towards more runnin’ and gunnin’ (although two maps are horrendous)). I prefer MW’s graphics but I welcome the quicker pace.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:54:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I disagree, most of the mp maps were dog shit in MW.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Add me on Xbox: Jon Gruden
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 5:40:25 AM EDT
[#18]
haven't tried campaign yet but can't get into multiplayer.  I still go back to MW multiplayer.  Pfft, I still play Black Ops 3 multiplayer because I love my Peacekeeper Mk2
Link Posted: 11/18/2020 10:24:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Had four people join up! Just PM me for the discord if you want to play.

It is nice playing without randoms on VIP.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
First COD I've enjoyed for a while.  I've heard there are only 8 mp maps which is a disappointment, that will get old fast but I don't think I've played them all yet.  The single player is pretty good so far but I'm stuck.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
I had to go through that over a dozen times. All I can say is just do it enough times to work out a pattern of when they come into view and hit the barrels quick. I honestly thought I was not doing an objective or something because I just kept dying over and over.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 10:18:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

@tinytim54

Sent you message for discord.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:44:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sent you a PM.  Discord name is above
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Replied to both and sent Discord. Join up when you are ready.
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I just started warzone, Ill try Cold War in a month or so.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I've only played the first level on single player. My first thought was "why the fuck does everything have optics/rds?". I'll get a few more missions in and get some multiplayer going over the next few days and see how it shakes out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2020 12:17:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Kinda neat, in the campaign during the Vietnam missions the AK is a Type 56. In the 80's Russian missions it's an AKM
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Finished the CoD:Cold War single player. Best FPS campaign I've played since the Battlefield:Bad Company games.

Multiplayer has a lot of fuckery with seriously OP guns and shit with jumping/dolphining and optics though. But I'm enjoying Nuketown again. I think all the optics are bullshit though for the era. I'm just sticking with the MP5 because I'm stubborn lol.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
The new mw is good.  Robust.  

I wish I could pick servers and maps, but it's good.

I've been curious about cold war, but I only really care about multiplayer.  Campaign is something I did while multiplayer was downloading.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Does multiplayer have a hardcore mode?  Warzone doesn't, only turn off with that game.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 10:56:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Does multiplayer have a hardcore mode?  Warzone doesn't, only turn off with that game.
View Quote

Well, WZ does, but it’s one of those modes they dangle in front of you for a week and then take it away. And it’s Duos only.

But if freaking ROCKS!
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well, WZ does, but it’s one of those modes they dangle in front of you for a week and then take it away. And it’s Duos only.

But if freaking ROCKS!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But if freaking ROCKS!

Ive been playing that all last weekend, but the only thing they took out was the HUD.  Still takes a mag dump to kill people.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ive been playing that all last weekend, but the only thing they took out was the HUD.  Still takes a mag dump to kill people.
View Quote

Maybe they changed that? Either that, or we ran into guys who weren't shielding up, because it seemed like the TTK was about half for us. So I mean yeah, it's going to take longer than regular HC due to the shields, but people seemed to go down much faster for us. Who knows though. Either way, the increased challenge of no HUD was fun, as was not having contracts marked. You really do just have to wing it, keep mags topped off, keep shields up, be more aware of where the gas is and when it's moving, etc. I think we pulled 6th on our first run through it, which was a lot better than we expected. The whole experience just felt "cleaner" to us. Less distraction for us and others, and you really had to tune it, whereas in regular BR you have so much more info to deal with that you can get lazy and still do alright.

So I dunno. We still really enjoyed it for whatever reason, so figure.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Sent out the discord info to everyone who messaged me. Join up!

And anyone who wants to, message me and I'll send it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#34]
So is there anyway to fix the server disconnect glitch with MW yet? I haven't been able to to paly that for months. Tried reinstalling it and everything. Until then I wouldn't bother picking up another activision game.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Well I went ahead and picked up Cold War for PS5. GameStop had a 1-day sale today for $10 off (so $49 for the PS4 version, and $59 for the PS5 version), plus another $5 off for picking it up in-store, plus I had a $16 gift card for selling them my a PS4 controller. So $43 out of pocket. Not bad.

So....now I just need a PS5 to play it on.
Link Posted: 12/5/2020 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've only played the first level on single player. My first thought was "why the fuck does everything have optics/rds?". I'll get a few more missions in and get some multiplayer going over the next few days and see how it shakes out.
View Quote

That was my gripe with the first Black Ops game. Takes place during the Vietnam war and guys have AKs with ACOGs and M16s with red dots? Uhhh, no...

And the second one, with the future shit and having a strategy mini game build in too? No thanks.

Link Posted: 12/5/2020 7:51:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So is there anyway to fix the server disconnect glitch with MW yet? I haven't been able to to paly that for months. Tried reinstalling it and everything. Until then I wouldn't bother picking up another activision game.
View Quote

When that happened to me it was several months ago and it turned out to be an issue with my ISP and my particular residential node. I ran pingplotter and saw that I had a ton of packet loss once it hit the residential node for my area. Of course they spent several months insisting that it was my equipment, unfortunately most of my neighbors spent a bunch of cash buying a bunch of new shit and it wasn't fixed until the Cox tech spent a couple days down the street with the box open. Anyways, I've got a ton of friends playing every night and nobody has had any issues with disconnects except for the people that DC out of every game. I only experienced disconnects with MW and Destiny though, they seem pretty sensitive to network issues, anyways, might be worth looking into. If you're on console you can still use pingplotter through your phone. It'll spit out some IP addresses with the packet loss at each address. Generally the first one is your device, second is your router or modem, then the next will be the residential node for your area, etc etc. So if you see packet loss after the 3rd or 4th jump it'll generally be an issue with their equipment.

Quoted:

That was my gripe with the first Black Ops game. Takes place during the Vietnam war and guys have AKs with ACOGs and M16s with red dots? Uhhh, no...

And the second one, with the future shit and having a strategy mini game build in too? No thanks.

View Quote

I've hardly played but I think the 3rd mission or so is set in Vietnam and there wasn't an optic in sight. I haven't played since that mission though as it isn't really my cup of tea.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#38]
I left the group.  I posted dozens of times looking for teammates and never got a response
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 12:57:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I really liked the campaign and zombies.  Haven't done PVP yet.  Have to get up early tomorrow.
View Quote

I’d love to play campaign mode but apparently it’s not included in the $60 I spent for the game. It was also the only reason I bought the damn thing. Rip-off.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:57:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I’d love to play campaign mode but apparently it’s not included in the $60 I spent for the game. It was also the only reason I bought the damn thing. Rip-off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure it's just not installed? Campaign, MP and Warzone (and maybe zombies) are all separate installs, I believe.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You sure it's just not installed? Campaign, MP and Warzone (and maybe zombies) are all separate installs, I believe.
View Quote

I live in the boonies with 100gb/mo of internet via a cell hotspot puck. Bought the disc assuming the campaign would be on it at least. As it turns out....there’s nothing on the disc at all and you still have to download everything. Not hauling an Xbox and TV down to a Starbucks so I can jack their WiFi for a couple hours just to download the 70GB “update” that has the only part of the game I want to play...
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I live in the boonies with 100gb/mo of internet via a cell hotspot puck. Bought the disc assuming the campaign would be on it at least. As it turns out....there’s nothing on the disc at all and you still have to download everything. Not hauling an Xbox and TV down to a Starbucks so I can jack their WiFi for a couple hours just to download the 70GB “update” that has the only part of the game I want to play...
View Quote
My son has been trying to install the game since Christmas day, but the download part is slow and keeps disconnecting.  There's some info on the disc, but most is online.  The CoD servers can't keep up is what I keep hearing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, discs aren't like the earlier days where you could just play straight off of them. Nowadays, you need to install a bunch of stuff from the internet before you can actually play it, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:32:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Pretty sad when a game hasn’t even hit a full page here and hasn’t had a single post about it in four months, and it released just about six months back. Oof size large for the ol’ Cold War!

Meanwhile the MW/WZ thread is about to tick over to 100 pages...
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#45]
If anyone wants to raid Outbreak on XBL, send me a direct message.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:55:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't care for Cold War. Retro weapons and gear plus retro game mech. I really enjoy Modern Warfare and wish they would continue to Season 7 instead taking two steps back with Cold War.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Old thread, but I figure I'd give it a shot. If any of you are playing Warzone add me.

PC - KacMod1
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#48]
"Welcome to the party, pal!"
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Only thing I like about CW is prop hunt single player isn’t bad, but MP is hot garbage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top