Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2018 3:49:44 PM EDT
I had my homebrewing stuff in storage for just shy of a decade and recently got it out. I have a copper line double immersion boiler. It seems to have some green spots that I suspect are patina spots. Do they need to be scoured off? What is the best way if they do? Additionally, what about cleaning the inside of the copper lines?

Wort doesn't go through the lines, only water from the sink spigot, but in the interest of total sanitation is my concern.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no thoughts on cleaning the inside, but to sanitize, fill with water and boil in a pot.  Or, hook it to you auto siphon and run star san through it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You could try cleaning it with salt and vinegar, check some youtube vids on cleaning copper.
That should work for both the outside and inside, make sure to rinse it off/out really good.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. I will.

I'm trying my hand at making mead next weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top