Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2020 8:09:47 AM EDT
No, not pics of family. LOL!

I made a cigar store run in Chatt yesterday & as I eased back into town I saw the fog, snow dusting on the ground & dusk all combining for an interesting tableau. So out I hopped from the truck with my new 14-24 Nikon lens and the camera of course.

Since virtually all color is washed away with winter, I switched the pics over to monochrome. It's really interesting to me the change of detail with the changing from color to B&W.

Comments are welcome, as always.

This old house is just down the street from me. No one has lived in it full time for probably 40ish years. The last woman whom lived there never married nor had kids. Her nephew now owns it & he lives in NC, several hours away. He comes in 2-3 times a year for a week or so. Its property is just so interesting for pics since it's kept mowed but it's not disturbed by people.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]
With these pics I swapped lenses, going back to my 24-120mm Nikon. I just love this lens, it does SO many things well. I use it 98% of the time.

And yes, the water in the pics IS as cold as it looked. Ask me how I know.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Those are really cool.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:43:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice Work!
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice!

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you all.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Very nice, black and white just looks so right  on landscape pictures sometimes.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice.
Impressive.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#8]
You sure captured the stark bleakness of cold winter.  Nice work.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 3:18:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Good stuff Bob! I usually am chasing birds of prey, so color is the way to go. But your beautiful shots remind me that I need to do some B&W stuff. I've been wanting to do so for a while. I shoot RAW + JPEG. So I should just start going back through my 15K pics over the past 2 months and looking for some of my architecture, landscape, etc shots to convert. I'm swamped every night, just going through the day's pics though. I shot 1,561 pics on Christmas Day. SHITE!!! By the time I'd gone through them all I wanted to take a break from photography for a while. But then every morning I get up and am immediately excited to go out and shoot more. I'm retired, so I get to focus on pretty much one hobby at this point in my life (much to the chagrin of my neglected room full of guitars, amps, and studio recording gear).
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You sure captured the stark bleakness of cold winter.  Nice work.
View Quote

Everytime  I look at a B&W winter pic I want to go put on a jacket!    

It amazes me how much difference there is in perception between color & B&W.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Good captures. I like the moody skies with the contrast in the clouds.

If you haven't already, take a look at luminosity masks. They really help with adjusting skies with much lower risk of halos around trees and skylines and there may be a way to create and use them in PhotoDirector.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top