Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2023 3:09:25 AM EDT
This has been something I’ve constantly battled with. I see my faith as something I decided on and chose. Yes I had people telling me about Jesus, but ultimately it was my choice and I took the steps in the journey. I know God calls us to share our faith, and I do every day to my young sons.  I’ve brought my wife closer to Jesus (I hope) and she has made great strides in her faith.  I’ve even talked to friends and strangers about God, but only when they initiate.  I’m not what I would consider a good steward.  I just don’t have the knowledge or comfort level to really dive in, though I’ve had words come out that seemed to have been placed there by God.

In general, I feel like I shouldn’t push, just point.

Are we all meant to convert?  Are we meant to save everyone we come across?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a journey.   Most, if not all, Christians struggle.with faith at some point.   Read your Bible and let it talk to you.   GOD has a plan for all of us and HE knows how to speak.   There is a great book on audible called "How to Hear GOD".
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:59:47 AM EDT
[#2]
It seems to me that you have your priorities straight.  Your first obligation, as it relates to salvation, is to yourself, to your wife, and to your children.  God has put them under your stewardship and everyone you come across should not take away from your duty to your family.  Of course, that is not to say that don't share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with others as the opportunity arises and based on the circumstances.  We are called to be salt and light to the world after all.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Study your Bible.
Your job is not to Save people, your job is to sow Seed. A little at a time. Study the the three parables of the Sower.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 7:57:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I’d always recommend any Christian who feels they aren’t conversant to dig into the Bible and especially the New Testament.

Many things in the Bible show a predetermined nature of the sovereignty of God. Some things show choice. It’s a thing that’s been debated for hundreds of years.

We are to spread the Gospel where we can but I’m not convinced that means talking to every single person we meet on the road. But I could be wrong. However we should live as though we are saved and be a light to those living in darkness.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This has been something I’ve constantly battled with. I see my faith as something I decided on and chose. Yes I had people telling me about Jesus, but ultimately it was my choice and I took the steps in the journey. I know God calls us to share our faith, and I do every day to my young sons.  I’ve brought my wife closer to Jesus (I hope) and she has made great strides in her faith.  I’ve even talked to friends and strangers about God, but only when they initiate.  I’m not what I would consider a good steward.  I just don’t have the knowledge or comfort level to really dive in, though I’ve had words come out that seemed to have been placed there by God.

View Quote

We all have gifts endowed to us by the Spirit just as importantly we can all fulfill the great commission by using our gifts.

Matthew 28:

16 But the eleven disciples proceeded to Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had designated to them. 17 And when they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. 18 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to follow all that I commanded you; and behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

What are your gifts?
How can they be used to further His kingdom?
What tact can be taken to fulfill the above?

As others have stated, read His word.  It is filled with an abundance of wisdom that will guide you in your life.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This has been something I've constantly battled with. I see my faith as something I decided on and chose. Yes I had people telling me about Jesus, but ultimately it was my choice and I took the steps in the journey. I know God calls us to share our faith, and I do every day to my young sons.  I've brought my wife closer to Jesus (I hope) and she has made great strides in her faith.  I've even talked to friends and strangers about God, but only when they initiate.  I'm not what I would consider a good steward.  I just don't have the knowledge or comfort level to really dive in, though I've had words come out that seemed to have been placed there by God.

In general, I feel like I shouldn't push, just point.

View Quote
Your job is not to force anyone to Christ. Your job is to plant the seed, and that goes beyond just pretty words and shallow actions - just being a genuinely decent human being will be more effective.

Also, rest in Christ (Hebrews 3:16 - 4:11). He has you; you don't need to worry about hanging on to Him. There's nothing you need to do for yourself that He hasn't already taken care of at the Cross. Everything else is just telling us how we can best help others.

Someone mentioned the Parable of the Sower - the implied part of that by Jesus, through whom all things were made, is that it is the sower's responsibility to prepare and care for the field, because as any good gardener will tell you, you focus on growing soil, and the plants are a by-product. i.e. keep the word, give the soil some depth so the roots can reach living water, and weed out the cares of the world (an ongoing thing). Coincidentally the natural purpose of fruit is to bear seed for the next generation.

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]
You can’t save anyone.  That is Gods doing.  You can spread the word and share the Gospel. You aren’t called to save people.  I cringe when I hear people say they brought so many people to Christ.  They may have spread the word but the Holy Spirit brought to Christ.  You are to set an example and let them know.  I’ll be the first to admit that I am uncomfortable just bringing up these discussions with strangers.  I do what I can and go outside my comfort zone sometimes but I still find it hard.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 12:38:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Being a Christian and walking a life in faith with Jesus is hard enough without the added stress of thinking you are personally responsible for the salvation of those around you.
You are only responsible for you.

Someone said; “preach the gospel and if necessary use words.”

The good news is Jesus….and Him crucified for us.
God so loved the world that He gave His ONLY son….that who ever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life….
If you confess with you mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you shall be saved.
Thief on the cross; “Lord, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Echoing alot of the above.

Belief is the beginning of your transformation and your becoming a new creation.  

And you can only go so far with some people before you are doing more harm than good.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Some of your post implicates the debate between Calvinism and Arminianism. There are tons of videos on YouTube discussing this topic, and I think there is scriptural support for both sides (although I lean towards Arminianism).
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:14:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of your post implicates the debate between Calvinism and Arminianism. There are tons of videos on YouTube discussing this topic, and I think there is scriptural support for both sides (although I lean towards Arminianism).
View Quote
There are also many other viewpoints than those two. It's not a either/or debate.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There are also many other viewpoints than those two. It's not a either/or debate.
View Quote

Never said it was…
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Never said it was
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never said it was
Never said you were. But there is a pseudo-debate that many frame that way.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's actually a lot to cover here.  Everyone has an opinion, so here's mine

First, I think you are doing correctly by ministering to your family first.  Missions work starts under your own roof, it is your first missions oriented responsibility above all others.  Keep another thing in mind...you don't save anyone. God does that, you're just the messenger.  If you bring the message and people aren't interested in hearing it, it's on them, not you.

As for the rest...it's a process.  Sanctification doesn't happen in a single day or even a single year.  Pray about it, make an effort, and you can get better at sharing. I'm not too good at that either, but I do find if I am looking for opportunities to share, they tend to come up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top