User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
good for them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty great we listen to envirowhacos and now can barely get them here because some native said some fake sacred sky God is buried within 100 miles.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

To add to your point, China has little to no environmental protection, while the western world in stymied by it.
I recall a documentary or news report about where your recycled computers go in China and it was a dude squatting in a ditch melting the metals out of a circuit board with what appeared to be a blowtorch. The waste was just going into the stream. He was wearing shorts and flip flops.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
China is making moves.

Install green energy president in the USA who will mandate the destruction of domestic energy production.
Be the sole supplier of green energy (solar) and the raw materials to make panels and batteries.

End result = A nation awash in its own energy resources (that it is no longer allowed to use) is subservient to China for power.

To add to your point, China has little to no environmental protection, while the western world in stymied by it.
I recall a documentary or news report about where your recycled computers go in China and it was a dude squatting in a ditch melting the metals out of a circuit board with what appeared to be a blowtorch. The waste was just going into the stream. He was wearing shorts and flip flops.

FUTURAMA | Season 7, Episode 3: The Third World | SYFY
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have been thinking its CCP backing the environmental groups that oppose the US mining their own all the while advocating for more products that use it.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gee - you mean like the same problem we have with tungsten? Where's that come from again? Oh right - China mines 80000 tons annually.

Meanwhile we aren't allowed to mine the giant deposits - one of which has been estimated to have north of 150000 tons of tungsten - in places like Colorado Utah Idaho and Montana. For EPA bullshit reasons.

Quoted:

Gee - you mean like the same problem we have with tungsten? Where's that come from again? Oh right - China mines 80000 tons annually.

Meanwhile we aren't allowed to mine the giant deposits - one of which has been estimated to have north of 150000 tons of tungsten - in places like Colorado Utah Idaho and Montana. For EPA bullshit reasons.

I have been thinking its CCP backing the environmental groups that oppose the US mining their own all the while advocating for more products that use it.  

Well it's not like Russia backed them for fifty years for the exact same reason...that theory of yours is simply preposterous.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
China is going to be some some major muscle flexing.
View Quote
They want Joe to know who the "daddy" of the relationship is going to be.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We were dependent on hostile nations to get our oil, now we'll be dependent on hostile nations to get our batteries.

It's obviously intentional.
View Quote

The only way to restrain the limitless potential of the free market.  Control and restrict the means of production.

It really does make you think we're ruled by aliens bent on keeping us from escaping the planet, or something. Is
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Liberals will NOT do better under Biden. In fact, I would be willing to bet that Biden eliminates a bunch of them in his/her term.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:07:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We do have this - I have a very small stake in this company as a 'lottery ticket'

http://www.rareelementresources.com/bear-lodge-project
http://www.rareelementresources.com/bear-lodge-project
View Quote

I toured that property once as as grad student......gorgeous property.....
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#9]
China has taken the Walmart strategy global.  Now that they've cornered the market via competition undercuts, they raise the price to whatever they want.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:13:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quelle suprise.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top