Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2021 9:44:03 PM EDT
China has announced plans to hold military exercises in the South China Sea this week, a mere days after the Pentagon confirmed a US aircraft carrier group led by the USS Theodore Roosevelt had entered the disputed waters in a "freedom of the seas" operation and after daily Chinese incursions of Taiwan's airspace had been reported the prior week.

Beijing, indignant at the US muscle-flexing in its own backyard, will hold the drills in the Gulf of Tonkin also during a crucial week top Communist Party leaders of Vietnam are meeting for the once in five years National Congress to select a new leader for the country.

Reuters reports of the new Chinese military drills, "A notice issued by the country’s Maritime Safety Administration prohibited entry into a portion of waters in the Gulf of Tonkin to the west of the Leizhou peninsula in southwestern China from Jan. 27 to Jan. 30, but it did not offer details on when the drills would take place or at what scale."

The new drill notification came after on Monday Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian slammed the nearby US military movements:

"It does no good to regional peace and stability for the United States to frequently send military vessels and aircraft to the South China Sea to show off muscles," Zhao said.

He further said, "We urge the US side to earnestly abide by the one-China principle and the three China-US joint communiques, prudently and properly handle Taiwan-related issues, and refrain from sending any wrong signals to the 'Taiwan independence' forces so as to avoid damaging China-US relations and peace and fefrain from sending any wrong signals to the "Taiwan independence" forces so as to avoid damaging China-US relations and peace and stability across the Taiwan Strait."

Meanwhile, over the past week Taiwan has on multiple occasions scrambled jets to warn off Chinese aerial provocations, including over the weekend multiple Chinese bombers being sent in a flyover.

As we noted earlier, with fighter jets from both countries now on the verge of engaging above Taiwan's ADIZ, we are one false flag "accidental" missile discharge from all out war.

China for its part sees such actions as aimed at defending the country’s sovereignty and designed to act as a warning against “collusion” between the United States and Taiwan.

The presence of the USS Roosevelt carrier in the area most certainly complicates things further, inching the two sides closer to direct military conflict.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/china-hold-military-drills-gulf-tonkin-warning-nearby-us-carrier-group

Pushing Xidens buttons to see what he is made of, or proving that they own him?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Let’s get this party started!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Gulf of Tonkin? Nothing could happen there...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow. What is old is new again.
Just imagine if somehow a Chinese ship is attacked in the Gulf of Tonkin??
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#4]
lets get it on you fucks
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
One day, and that day may very well come, you will have Taiwan, Republic of Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, and US naval assets get tired of China and kick their ass, me thinks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:01:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Biden should order John McCain and Ted Kennedy to China as negotiators.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Andillfuckindoitagaintoogoofy.jpeg
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta keep up appearances. Oceana and Eastasia have always been at war.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
It amazes me the amount of people on this site that think war with China is a good idea. That’s a lose lose scenario for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Came to say the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm, Gulf of Tonkin.....where have I heard that before...wasn't there a yatch club there at one point awhile back?

ETA: Beat !!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Biden has this. No worries
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Of all places.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It amazes me the amount of people on this site that think war with China is a good idea. That’s a lose lose scenario for everyone.
View Quote

They've been pushing hard for awhile, and seem to be getting stronger, militarily, and I would not be surprised if a war kicks off sometime in the future.

Cut off China's fuel supplies and they'll run out of gas.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#16]
If I was NK I'd be torpedoing both sides and watch the fireworks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:14:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uh no,it's a lose for China and a win for the rest of the world. Shit hole needs to be wiped just like the middle east
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Gettin' real tired of yer shit, China.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#19]
All part of the plan
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:14:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Stop posturing for God's sake and either agree to terms and live by them or throw nukes.

I'm tired of this shit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Biden should order John McCain and Ted Kennedy to China as negotiators.  
View Quote

Their dead you know.
Just busting them, he has Romney and Kerry to carry on the tradition.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#23]
War? What war? China's lapdogs Biden/Hunter and Kuntmala will comply.....for a small compensation, of course...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is it because we'll be hungry an hour later?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Stop posturing for God's sake and either agree to terms and live by them or throw nukes.

I'm tired of this shit.
View Quote

You don't want nuclear weapons tossed around. That would be a world changing event, forever.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Lol. China owns joe and the hoe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#27]
A war with any country while bidet in office may not be a good idea. He would probably forget who we were fighting anyway.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Gulf of Tonkin eh?

Should go well...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:31:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
One day, and that day may very well come, you will have Taiwan, Republic of Korea, Japan, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, and US naval assets get tired of China and kick their ass, me thinks.
View Quote

And that's when Putin invades the Baltic states...
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:37:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would he do something like that?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Is it because we'll be hungry an hour later?
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#33]
They President now
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am inclined to agree with this.   Not sure any of this is worth losing a ship or people over on either side.

Maybe I am getting old and soft
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I am inclined to agree with this.   Not sure any of this is worth losing a ship or people over on either side.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rest easy guys,  the people in charge of our republic feel the same way and have arranged for a peaceful transfer of power to the Chinese.

Also probably more than half of the of military brass are going along with it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sure hope it goes that way instead of Xiden giving Taiwan to China as payback for the bribes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:35:18 PM EDT
[#37]
No balls in the White House so.....
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe they can buy some Chinese balls at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:45:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Bet you a dollar China has a plan too.  And it doesn’t involve them getting their asses kicked.  It involves shutting power off to every allied weapon system in the pacific and activating a killer virus to disable every electronic system they couldn’t shut power off to.  Then they fight.  Destabilize the dollar, shut off our national power grid, destroy our satellites.  Really just who the hell thinks the Chinese are going to fight us on our terms?  They’re shaping the battle-space as we speak.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't want a war with China, it will be horrible and they know it.

But, it is inevitable and it is better to get it over with sooner rather than later. In 10 years their navy will be so much stronger, and their economic might will be greater.

This is going to suck with Biden, and being in Japan it is going to really really suck, but it has to happen.

I've worked in China, and have good Chinese friends and they are all good people, take care of their family and work very hard. But the CCP is inherently evil and corrupt to the core, they don't care if 500,000,000 of their citizens die, that's the problem. The CCP has to be removed from this planet if we want any type of freedom.

Here is a translated version of the goals of the CCP, it is very ideological and the CCP is an ideological party, they stick to their "ideas" very strongly. This is what they believe and what they are actively working towards, and they have a 200-year plan...

https://www.csis.org/analysis/strengthening-ccps-ideological-work

Only American stands in the way of that plan, I hope you all know that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Let’s get this party started!
View Quote

Kamala would make Joe surrender.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:02:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Uh no,it's a lose for China and a win for the rest of the world. Shit hole needs to be wiped just like the middle east
View Quote

I must disagree.
The Chinese can sit back and launch thousand of DF-21’s which we can not stop all of them.
Missiles are cheaper than aircraft or large ships- We do not have near enough defensive missiles of all kinds to defend ourselves with, especially given we may fire 2-4 at each, some will get through and that shit is lost. We do not have near enough ships for them to sink and prevail. This is not WW2 where we get to pound a beachhead unhindered. Our aircraft will be shot to pieces by AA/guns/Missiles within 50 miles of the Chinese coast. We really do not want to hassle with China. And thanks to the idiots in DC for 20 years, China has more land based ballistic missiles than we do.
SE Asia can go hump a camel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:31:08 AM EDT
[#44]
If I were the Vietnamese, I'd be pissed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:33:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Exactly. Has the fraudster in chief surrendered yet?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:16:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Joe, I knew LBJ and you're no LBJ"
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:23:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Long overdue...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:26:26 AM EDT
[#48]
I’ve started wondering how much of the Chinese Navy is dependent upon US metallurgical coal, if China is at all. We sell a good bit of coal to China, just what kind?

ETA: Basically, is their Navy made of shit steel or the same caliber of steel US Naval ships are built with?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:41:11 AM EDT
[#49]
This is a military training exersize between allies
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:30:33 AM EDT
[#50]
So how long before Chine holds military drills in the Gulf of Mexico?
Now that would make some people pucker.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top