Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/27/2021 6:51:12 AM EDT
Armed security at gas stations now to prevent car jackings & 185 car jackings so far this year. How do normal people still live in that city?

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

The Chicago Police Department has a Carjacking Task Force and hopefully they will put a dent in the following numbers. This time last week, there were 144 carjackings. Now, that number is up to 185.

"With all the carjackings and everything going on, it makes my neighborhood feel a lot more dangerous," said Englewood resident Jainna Williams.

Security teams from Kates Detective Agency are now manning gas stations in Englewood, hoping to make carjackers rethink who and where they target.

Williams says the carjackers are in her age group and many of them are fearless.

"People don’t care, they will shoot anybody. They are killing kids, elders, senior citizens," she said.

Using information from CPD, security officers will go to gas stations in hot spot areas for carjackings. They will monitor 5 to 6 gas stations per day.

Early walker from "I’m Telling, Don’t Shoot" and owner of W&W Towing is behind the "Operation Safe Pump." The goal is to eventually have a security presence at 50 locations
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#1]
lol normal people don’t live or go near Englewood
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Zombie gay lady will fix it
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
40-50 per week.  About one every 3 hours.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If we didn’t have climate change this wouldn’t be happening.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:58:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
40-50 per week.  About one every 3 hours.
View Quote

Seriously, I feel like an MP5K is the bare minimum requirement for daily carry
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:59:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Obviously
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Never have been there and never will go there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If we didn't have climate change this wouldn't be happening.
View Quote
Good thing the puppet on the whitehouse shut down keystone and drilling on public lands.  Greater government I. Olvme t and higher unemployment usually lead to lower crime rates.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Believe it or not, Groot is not the (major) problem with this.  It's the State's Attorney, a Soros-backed prosecutor named Kim Foxx. Sound familiar?

No juvie jackers charged as adults in two years! (this popped today)

https://cwbchicago.com/2021/01/the-last-time-a-juvenile-was-charged-as-an-adult-with-carjacking-in-cook-county-february-2019.html
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:40:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Wonder if they've ever considered some type of gun control to help stop this plague?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:40:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  If we redistribute enough money from hard-working Americans to the poor, they will stop robbing and killing.  We will call it "distributive climate change justice".  

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/canadian-journal-of-law-and-jurisprudence/article/distributive-justice-in-the-age-of-climate-change/C3792618529AEE0F3F1A076228732C5C
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wonder if they've ever considered some type of gun control to help stop this plague?
View Quote

I’m thinking they have. How’s that working out for them by the way?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Start shooting them in the face and the problem is solved.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:59:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve been told that it’s Indiana’s fault, you just need to ban guns in all the adjacent states to save Chicago from itself
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Normal people live in the suburbs. Where we have ordinances against that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
lol normal people don’t live or go near Englewood
View Quote

True, but I used to work in Englewood...Not bad during daylight.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#18]
So glad I moved away from there
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:31:28 AM EDT
[#19]
In before they jack the security guard....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:46:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Things will only get better with the anti police bill.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#21]

W H A T.  T H E.  F U C K.  I S.  THAT???
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:06:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#24]
votes have consequences
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:11:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

W H A T.  T H E.  F U C K.  I S.  THAT???
View All Quotes

Crack monster
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Crack monster
View Quote

It’s HIDEOUS.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#27]
I'm thinking bait cars loaded with RDX.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:38:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Obviously
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously

This is Biden’s fault
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Crazy, although the rise of private security has been happening on the east coast for some time and with the defund the police movement it will be more prevalent the longer that goes on.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:57:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Crazy, although the rise of private security has been happening on the east coast for some time and with the defund the police movement it will be more prevalent the longer that goes on.
View Quote

True but the "teens" know the security guards have even less authority and power than the Police so they just ignore them and the security guards know $12 an hour isn't worth getting killed over so they just turn the other cheek and in the end nothing changes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:59:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Englewood up to no good
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Arresting car jackers is racist, but letting the city go feral leads to poverty, which is racist. Major dilemma they have there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#33]
We're well on our way to becoming a Latin American shit hole  - just without the accent.

Security at every gas station yet no one is safe.   Yay.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Seems like the neighbors could all get together and solve the problem is they wanted to (yeah, I know, that's the bigger problem).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#35]
My five speed manual transmission is protection enough.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#36]
There is a 75% or greater chance that those carjacked support this type of shit.  Behold my field.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:32:15 AM EDT
[#37]
Sigh

The wife wants to go to chicago for a weekend girls trip

I just dont see the allure what so ever of that shit hole
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Seems like the "teens" are just redistributing some wealth.

They should put social workers at the gas stations, not security or cops.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:44:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My five speed manual transmission is protection enough.
View Quote

I've read of cases where the angry urban youth shot the driver after realizing their racist manual transmission would impede their forced reparations.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#40]
The bosses are coming down on us to actively "stop" the carjackings .   Every day in my district we hear of more.  Nothing is happening to the offenders.  The courts let them all go.  We can't chase fleeing vehicles so most of the offenders , knowing this, just drive off on us.   It's a clown world here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Find the youtube channel Bloody Chicago and find his videos on the most dangerous neighborhoods.  It is very interesting and the guy does a good job.  He is a free lance journalist.    Small town people do not realize how violence can be in neighborhoods that never overlap with your neighborhood.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#42]
I used to fly into Midway regularly to go to South Bend.  Always had to buy gas in Chicago on the way back to Midway.  I'd make whoever was traveling with me get out of the car to watch my back.  This was 4-5years ago, it was sketchy as hell then, I can't imagine what it's like now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:26:42 PM EDT
[#43]
This isn't really news, been going on for years. In The 80s I remember security at gas stations, especially shit neighborhoods like the one in the story.

I grew up on the Southside of Chicago. Back Of The Yards. My dad worked for C&NW railroad then Union Pacific railroad at Cal Ave yards but he was a bad "functioning" mean drunk so we had little money growing up. He is cleaned up and 35yrs at the railroad (miracle) he receives a nice pension.
My mom died of heroin when I was 13.
Our school had Chicago PD stationed there, metal detectors and bars on windows. Us white kids would battle the black kids daily (late 80s early 90s) our block was all Polish, alot of Polish speaking folks around. Blacks never dared come around, same with us going to a black neighborhood. They would ride through once and awhile with a few cars full at night hoping to catch someone off guard. That was back and forth, really.
Neighborhood is not the same as it was when I was there.
I graduated (miracle) joined the Navy and only been back a few times. My wife is an Sicilian Northside girl from Ravenswood neighborhood. So we go there to see family..
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#44]
They're going to be armed .

With harsh words .

gd
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The bosses are coming down on us to actively "stop" the carjackings .   Every day in my district we hear of more.  Nothing is happening to the offenders.  The courts let them all go.  We can't chase fleeing vehicles so most of the offenders , knowing this, just drive off on us.   It's a clown world here.
View Quote

What neighborhood?
My wife's cousin is a Cook County deputy on the counties drug task force. Kicks doors daily. He's a blast to hang out with, no fucks to give.
We went to little village, spaulding I think; to get some bad ass burritos, a whole corner of gangbangers were staring us down. Cousin made a call and we sat there at burrito joint as 7 squads rushed in, lined up the whole corner of bangers and found their dumpster stash. I was impressed.
Latin Kings might have the numbers but the police and sheriff's dept are the strongest.

My wife's aunt is an old Sicilian lady who owns a three story flat in Humboldt park. She refuses to leave the neighborhood.

In ways I miss Chicago
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sigh

View Quote

Some of the best bars/restaurants in the country. If you’re into that. Take anything Chicago related that you read here with a grain of salt.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Normal people live in the suburbs. Where we have ordinances against that sort of thing.
View Quote

Like Cicero, Justice suburbs or more like Aurora, Bolingbrook suburbs...lol
Y'all cops are too busy killing their wives to report crime...lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What neighborhood?
My wife's cousin is a Cook County deputy on the counties drug task force. Kicks doors daily. He's a blast to hang out with, no fucks to give.
We went to little village, spaulding I think; to get some bad ass burritos, a whole corner of gangbangers were staring us down. Cousin made a call and we sat there at burrito joint as 7 squads rushed in, lined up the whole corner of bangers and found their dumpster stash. I was impressed.
Latin Kings might have the numbers but the police and sheriff's dept are the strongest.

My wife's aunt is an old Sicilian lady who owns a three story flat in Humboldt park. She refuses to leave the neighborhood.

In ways I miss Chicago
View Quote

I work south.  But don't let any sheriff fool you.  Doors are not kicked daily.   They are mostly soft knocks, no answer and officers leave.   If a hard knock happens and someone is arrested , they'll be out within weeks if not days.  Almost no charges.  Noone held .    The police now a days are definitely not the strongest.   They've essentially castrated any resemblance of real policing.      Most of , not all, of the cpd officers showing up to help your buddy don't wanna be there or have anything to do with it.  They help out because of the call for help of a sheriff officer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
We're well on our way to becoming a Latin American shit hole  - just without the accent.

Security at every gas station yet no one is safe.   Yay.
View Quote

Ohh your wrong, Latin American accents are the fastest growing accent in America.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sigh

View Quote

There are VERY safe areas of Chicago, if you have money.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top