Posted: 3/4/2019 12:28:02 PM EDT
EDIT - Removed link to skammed.com report

Received shipping confirmation early AM on 4/5/2019
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s CTD, so yea...
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Used to buy from them all the time, never again. Their shipping system was always stupid anyways... I'll spend my money elsewhere, deals are easy enough to find.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Midway, Brownells, and Primary have gotten the bulk of my business.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:33:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't even know anybody still bought from CTD, but I did get a few good laughs back when Glenn Beck was shilling for them.
OP got -40% savings!
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Used to buy from them all the time, never again. Their shipping system was always stupid anyways... I'll spend my money elsewhere, deals are easy enough to find.
View Quote
I spent 4x-5x with Brownells last year and they have always honored every deal!  For some items that I ship to farm country in Iowa, I would have to pay sales tax if I bought from Brownells.  This was one such example.  I bought a complete SR-30 lower from CTD for a good price last year and they had a good price on Wolf 6.5 Grendel until I tipped off arfcom and they raised the price $45/case and bumped up the free shipping level from $75 to $99.

In any case, buyers beware as CTD will squat on your money if they don't like the deal and cancel it later if you don't do it yourself.

I asked Lori Conley if Lancer had gone out of business and she had nothing to say.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I didn't even know anybody still bought from CTD, but I did get a few good laughs back when Glenn Beck was shilling for them.
OP got -40% savings!
View Quote
Tell me I didn't get a good price for those mags and shipped!  You know you would fo on those terms!
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I am in the same boat.

As far as CTD:

I will give any company a pass once.

But CTD keeps popping up with complaints over and over.   I will continue to avoid CTD entirely.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Could be worse.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#9]
See!  This is why their feet should be held to the fire.  Some poor bastard is out $120+ dollars on a USGI mag vs today's market prices.

What's interesting is that their affinity program appears to be a scam and they do not care about good customers.  I don't think they have a sustainable business and the ability to hang in this kind of anti-2a environment for much longer.

If they are this desperate, their days must be numbered.  Definitely don't send them cash or check!  Credit Card purchases only people.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Scam Details

CTD's customer affinity program is a complete scam.  I know. I know.  They price gouged people in 2013, but now that prices are low the market can be in the buyer's favor.  Well, I found a good price on the clear Lancer's and CTD must not have liked that I spent over $99 to get free shipping and used my $40 off customer loyalty benefit that I earned for being a good customer.  My $40 code is toast and Lori Conley, John Turner and Roberta Wilson are crickets.  Screenshots and details at link.

I am curious what other experiences people have had like this.
View Quote
How did you pay?

CC?  Contest the charge.

Check? I would never write a check to those tools.

I would not trust them not to steal the account number.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How did you pay?

CC?  Contest the charge.

Check? I would never write a check to those tools.

I would not trust them not to steal the account number.
View Quote
I paid credit card and am not concerned about getting the money back.  They breached a contract and I would like my magazines or an equivalent item in its place.  They have the means to resolve this, so its a question of will.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
^^^^
My go to along with PSA and Wideners.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#13]
~ edited by kcolg30

Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Lie down with pigs...
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Me? I’ve had nothing but amazing experience with Primary Arms, SG ammo, Brownells, PSA and a few others.

After the crap Cheaper than Platinum pulled they are dead to me.  Well other than subscribing to their mailer which goes straight into the recycling bin.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#17]
You shopped at CTD, I don't feel bad for you at all
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I really do not get why CTD gets to stay on the site?

Dont take their money and kick them the fuck outta here.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I really do not get why CTD gets to stay on the site?

Dont take their money and kick them the fuck outta here.
View Quote
I’m all for the Avila’s taking their money to help maintain the site

Just thought everyone was aware of their(CTD) business practices
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#22]
CTD has a well earned reputation that it not exactly secret.  Anyone who does business with them deserve every bit of love they receive.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
this
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
See!  This is why their feet should be held to the fire.  Some poor bastard is out $120+ dollars on a USGI mag vs today's market prices.

What's interesting is that their affinity program appears to be a scam and they do not care about good customers.  I don't think they have a sustainable business and the ability to hang in this kind of anti-2a environment for much longer.

If they are this desperate, their days must be numbered.  Definitely don't send them cash or check!  Credit Card purchases only people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could be worse.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/857/46B13438-5986-4B01-A2CA-A839BC49172A_jpeg-865983.JPG

Yet you do business with them frequently enough as to be a part of their Customer Affinity program.

Now that you know THIS about them....on top of all the other shit, perhaps you can find your "screamin' deals" elsewhere like most of the rest of us.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It’s CTD, so yea...
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't care about the deals OP

There are few places I actually avoid (can't jump on to all the GD boycott bandwagons) but CTD is one of them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:33:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I haven't bought anything from CTD in years, before the gouging even.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#29]
At least CTD doesn’t make political contributions to statists or engage in super shady government contracts or stab gun owners in the front like...

S&W
Springfield Armory
Under Armor
Colt
Glock
H&K
Daniel Defense
Dick’s Sporting Goods
Kimber
Benchmade
Leatherman
Yeti
Sig Sauer
Steyr
Gander Mountain
Troy

Gun owner purity test makes me LOL
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
At least CTD doesn’t make political contributions to statists or engage in super shady government contracts or stab gun owners in the front like...

S&W
Springfield Armory
Under Armor
Colt
Glock
H&K
Daniel Defense
Dick’s Sporting Goods
Kimber
Benchmade
Leatherman
Yeti
Sig Sauer
Steyr
Gander Mountain
Troy

Gun owner purity test makes me LOL
View Quote
This has nothing to do with a "purity test" and everything to do with shady business practices.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yet you do business with them frequently enough as to be a part of their Customer Affinity program.

Now that you know THIS about them....on top of all the other shit, perhaps you can find your "screamin' deals" elsewhere like most of the rest of us.
View Quote
My first transaction with CTD was in July when I purchased a complete Knights Armament SR-30 lower for like $750 shipped.  I bought some ammo and then I bought some mags.

I think it is totally understandable for a large company to have complaints because that is life and the nature of big numbers.  However, I do not find that CTD's approach to resolving what has to be a money-losing deal on these mags acceptable business.

I am sharing my experience for other people who are new to CTD so that they can have that information before making a purchase decision with them.

They made their decision and I am just reporting back to the community of firearms consumers that they are, in my estimation, a business that operates with whichever way the wind is blowing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#32]
The last thing I bought from them was some Greek 303 Brit ammo on clips. It was a one time deal where you basically got 1970s boxer primmed brass ammo for free if you bought the clips. I bought 4k. I wish they had that deal again.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#33]
It sucks that they won't honor your $40 coupon. But FFS, stop with the gouging bullshit, all it does is make you sound stupid.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I've dealt with the executives there, my experience is far worse.  Stay away.  Clearly the culture of this company is rotten to the core.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Lol. In on whatever this turns into.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
It sucks that they won't honor your $40 coupon. But FFS, stop with the gouging bullshit, all it does is make you sound stupid.
View Quote
What do you mean by that?  I just wanted to share current industry information and don't want to sound stupid.

TIA
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#37]
FCTD
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:53:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What do you mean by that?  I just wanted to share current industry information and don't want to sound stupid.

TIA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA
unless they have a gun to your head FORCING you to buy at an inflated price, there is no such thing as gouging.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Me? I’ve had nothing but amazing experience with Primary Arms, SG ammo, Brownells, PSA and a few others.

After the crap Cheaper than Platinum pulled they are dead to me.  Well other than subscribing to their mailer which goes straight into the recycling bin.
View Quote
Exactly!
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
unless they have a gun to your head FORCING you to buy at an inflated price, there is no such thing as gouging.
View Quote
My effective shipped cost per Lancer Translucent 30rd was under $10/mag.

What are you talking about?  CTD renegged on my order and that is what information I was sharing.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:56:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Just be glad you can't be ~edited by CTD here anymore
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What are you talking about?  CTD renegged on my order and that is what information I was sharing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

re-read what you wrote in your original post!
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
re-read what you wrote in your original post!
View Quote
Can someone else explain what I am missing here.  I was referring to OTHER people complaining about the 2013 CTD price gouging, but I specifically said I did not get price gouged.

Maybe I am just stupid.

TIA
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Can someone else explain what I am missing here.  I was referring to OTHER people complaining about the 2013 CTD price gouging, but I specifically said I did not get price gouged.

Maybe I am just stupid.

TIA
View Quote
There is NO SUCH THING as price gouging.  It is a stupid Leftist term, like Gunshow loophole.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Just be glad you can't be ~edited by CTD here anymore
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There is NO SUCH THING as price gouging.  It is a stupid Leftist term, like Gunshow loophole.
View Quote
I disagree and our legal system is on my side.  Do you want to have a talk about the elasticity of demand and whether constraining supply and raising prices is moral?

I do not understand what your aim is.  Please explain, because every Econ 101 textbook addresses price gouging by name.

https://legaldictionary.net/price-gouging/

Definition of Price Gouging
Noun

The practice of raising prices on certain types of goods and services to an unfair level, especially during a state of emergency.

https://consumer.findlaw.com/consumer-transactions/price-gouging-laws-by-state.html
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe I am just stupid.

TIA
Well what is it called when a member here placed an order for a case of M855 ammo that they cancelled and refunded, then a day later relisted for a significantly higher price? @Naporter
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:16:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well what is it called when like a member here placed an order for a case of M855 ammo that they cancelled and refunded, then a day later relisted for a significantly higher price? @Naporter
View Quote
CTD raised the prices of the clear translucent Lancer 30 rounders to over $22 each after they shelved my order.  They were priced at that level through last week when I last checked.  After I complained to management last night, they have since marked the magazines as not available.  This morning was the first time I have seen that status, however.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

TIA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA
Quoted:
Scam Details

CTD's customer affinity program is a complete scam.  I know. I know.  They price gouged people in 2013, but...
OP, you specifically mentioned "price gouged" in your initial post.  "Price gouging" is a hot button issue, and will bring people out of the woodwork to deny it exists.  FWIW, I'm pretty much with you on this.  Setting aside the concept that may or may not exist, I think CTD is shady as hell, and wouldn't put anything past them to make a fast buck.

There are plenty of vendors out there, many of whom are site sponsors, who clearly have found a way to run a profitable business while still dealing honestly with customers.  I prefer to deal with them.  Frankly, I'd forget about the $40 CTD coupon and just spend my money with one of the good vendors.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well what is it called when a member here placed an order for a case of M855 ammo that they cancelled and refunded, then a day later relisted for a significantly higher price? @Naporter
View Quote
A price increase.  And a stupid business practice.  But nobody got "gouged."
What do you call it when Delta made my stock go to $0.00, then the next day open on the market with NEW stocks?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top