Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2021 8:00:08 PM EDT
The cheap, cigarette-pack-sized Class D sub (mono) amps on the jungle store... $60-90 more or less.... Of course they get decent reviews.

How are they REALLY?  Just want to power a small 8" sub that I'm adding to a nice pair of Edifer powered satellites.  Don't need to shake the windows, just need more bass than a $50 Logitech 2.1 PC speaker set from the 2000s.....

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
You are going to have to provide more details.  A link to one of those amps.  What 8" sub?  Your goals were vague so more info about the rest of your system.

I ask these things because an 8" sub in a music only system may handle 500 watts but in a home theater system, it may only take 200 watts to push it to full excursion.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The cheap, cigarette-pack-sized Class D sub (mono) amps on the jungle store... $60-90 more or less.... Of course they get decent reviews.

How are they REALLY?  Just want to power a small 8" sub that I'm adding to a nice pair of Edifer powered satellites.  Don't need to shake the windows, just need more bass than a $50 Logitech 2.1 PC speaker set from the 2000s.....

Thanks.
View Quote

The performance of most of those amps are going to depend heavily on the quality of the PSU you use to power them. Then you gotta worry about whether the caps are actually rated to handle the current and impedance for subs.

My choice for cheap power for subs is pro amps on the used market, especially ones with built in DSP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top