Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2021 5:41:12 PM EDT
Need a recommendation for one please. Are the Optima Battery ones any good?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 5:51:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Amazon Product
  • 1700 Peak Amps
  • Clore PROFORMER battery technology
  • 46 inch heavy-duty #2 AWG cables

. I’ve got one that’s 9 years old.  Will run a car without a battery.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
www.amazon.com/dp/B000JFJLP6. I’ve got one that’s 9 years old.  Will run a car without a battery.
View Quote

We use these at work.......frequently.

I limped a truck with a failed alternator back to the shop with one of those zip-tied to the grill a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm very happy with my NOCO GB70. It works great, holds a charge well, has nice quality metal hinges on the clamps, etc. I had to use it the other day and after sitting for 5 months or so in my trunk without charging, it fired my car right up 3 times in a row from being completely dead. Then it still had plenty of battery left, but I went ahead and recharged it.

I tried an Audew after the project farm video, but that thing was junk. He either got paid to shill for them, or he overlooked the majority of the problems with it.

It had some of the cheapest clamps with a plastic hinge. I could hear them squeaking and see them flexing as I opened and closed them. No way these flimsy things would hold up long term. If they were like this in the house, I can't even imagine what they'd be like when it is 10 degrees outside. If they break the whole thing will be useless. So it doesn't matter how good the rest of it is.

Then, there is an issue I had of it losing charge pretty rapidly while just sitting in the house for a few days. I read multiple complaints from others on here that ordered them around the same sale and had the same issue.

It's one of the most disappointing purchases. I've ever made. I ended up returning it and buying a second NOCO.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
JNC660
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 3:58:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I limped a truck with a failed alternator back to the shop with one of those zip-tied to the grill a few weeks ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
www.amazon.com/dp/B000JFJLP6. I’ve got one that’s 9 years old.  Will run a car without a battery.

I was unaware New York had red necks
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#6]
We have a dozen NOCO jump packs at work, they work great and are over two years old now with no failures.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I’ve voted NOCO for my money. My gb-40’s have treated me well and are well built.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy once cry once, Micro start xp-10.

Antigravity XP-10 WTF Jump Starter Review ??

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought a Stanley from walmart and returned it the next day, total crap.  Don't buy one tool that claims to do two jobs; it will do neither well.  So avoid the ones with an air compressor stuffed into the case.

The one mentioned above is what you want.  I've had mine for about ten years now and it starts the car or diesel CUCV even when the battery is completely dead.  My jeep battery was so dead that it would die when I disconnected the jump box, but the box started it and kept it running until the alternator was able to catch up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top