Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2023 9:31:24 AM EDT
I’ve heard a couple of different things this last week from liquor store owners.
First is that Sazerac is changing distribution “houses” and it may be several months for their warehousing to delivery to sort out and product may be delayed for a few months.
Second is that Sazerac has been bought out (seems less likely) and that “the company that bought them is less generous with the allocated items”.

Anyone in the know on this…?
Should I bunker a few extra Blanton’s / Eagle Rare /etc…?
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#1]
That is a fair assumption.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If you know where to "bunker" Blantons for a reasonable price, I'd sure like to know! Blantons was my go-to for reasonably priced bourbon when it was everywhere for sub-$50 before it suddenly became popular. It's still one of my favorite middle of the road whiskies, but I refuse to pay the inflated prices for it since it got trendy. Thanks alot John Wick.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Sazerac did change distributors for some states and there is a YouTube clip that explains that and which states may see a change.

Sazerac did not get purchased, as far as I know.  I’m also not sure how that would affect allocation.  How and where these companies sell products is not due to generosity.

Also just a note, if you’d like to annoy liquor store owners or managers, call up and ask them if they have blantons.  It’s a joke in the whiskey groups.  John Wick did not make Blantons disappear off the shelves, most Buffalo trace stuff went that way starting in 2016ish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top