Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2022 5:34:27 PM EDT
This popped up on my YouTube feed.  Pictures at the end of the blown up engine.

Cessna Catastrophic Engine Failure Emergency with Video and ATC Audio

Link Posted: 2/26/2022 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Man, that pilot was cool as a cucumber! Both towers were extremely professional.

And that is a HELL of an engine failure!
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#3]
He did everything very well., as did departure and tower.  Professionals.   He was losing a little altitude on final, but was keeping his airspeed up to best glide.  I doubt anyone could do better than he did.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
All mine blow up at less than 100’ agl.

I always thought a high altitude failure like that would be scarier as you have a looong time to think about what kind of crash it’s gonna be on the way down
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice. I'd have kept a little more altitude for reserve airspeed, the runway seemed plenty long but he did it by the numbers and looked great doing it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2022 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice. I'd have kept a little more altitude for reserve airspeed, the runway seemed plenty long but he did it by the numbers and looked great doing it.
View Quote

Looks like he had plenty of energy to make up for the lower altitude on final. Nicely done.

Thoroughly grenaded. Dayum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top