Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2020 11:02:46 AM EDT
My "saved items" page in Facebook Marketplace is jammed up with listings that are sold or that I am not interested in any more. The process to delete those items DOES NOT WORK any more, as it used to a month ago. I have tried 3 different computers/browsers without success. Repeated messages to Facebook through their help system have not resolved the issue. The only phone number that I could find for Facebook has a recorded message saying "phone support is not offered at this time". How can a billion $$ company be so successful and yet so stupid at the same time? Ebay and PayPal are better at customer service, even as much as they are hated (with good reason) here.

Anybody else with this problem? Maybe a solution?
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:09:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My "saved items" page in Facebook Marketplace is jammed up with listings that are sold or that I am not interested in any more. The process to delete those items DOES NOT WORK any more, as it used to a month ago. I have tried 3 different computers/browsers without success. Repeated messages to Facebook through their help system have not resolved the issue. The only phone number that I could find for Facebook has a recorded message saying "phone support is not offered at this time". How can a billion $$ company be so successful and yet so stupid at the same time? Ebay and PayPal are better at customer service, even as much as they are hated (with good reason) here.

Anybody else with this problem? Maybe a solution?
View Quote
Found the problem.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found the problem.
View Quote
found the smart-ass troll.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Facebook
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
unlike
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:08:30 PM EDT
[#5]
User error. You have to go to the original site you placed the ad. I put things in "Market Place" and it goes to 5-6 different sites. Delete the original, or mark it sold (this may be your only choice in some pages) and the item is taken care of.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Easy.

Delete Facebook.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#7]
happens to me all the time.   hit unsave and it blinks away then comes right back... ive had to clear cache and log out log in and or restart and or close browser .. or a combination of all that shit to get it to work
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
User error. You have to go to the original site you placed the ad. I put things in "Market Place" and it goes to 5-6 different sites. Delete the original, or mark it sold (this may be your only choice in some pages) and the item is taken care of.
View Quote
hes not talking about things he listed, hes talking about things other people listed and he hit the save button to keep track of the item..
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Has been happening for me to lately. You delete it and it comes right back.
The way I get rid of them is to go to my Saved items from my home page, not Marketplace. Delete them there and they disappear for good
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has been happening for me to lately. You delete it and it comes right back.
The way I get rid of them is to go to my Saved items from my home page, not Marketplace. Delete them there and they disappear for good
View Quote
This seems to work. Thanks! What an effed up way to have to do things though when it was so simple before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top