Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2021 3:56:00 AM EDT
I have an old house built back 80 years ago and one bathroom has an old large tub in it but does not have a showerhead in it.

Looks just like your regular everyday tub plumbing coming out of the wall and all. I'm looking for a way without tearing up the wall to put a shower head in it thanks for the advice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:16:36 AM EDT
[#1]
With just a quick search I came up with this.

https://www.plumbingsupply.com/showering-in-a-tub.html

I'm not sure if that would work with your tub's faucet. I'm sure there is some sort of conversion out there though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:20:28 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have tub spout that is mounted to the wall, this may work with a hose and hand shower mounted on a slide bar or wall hook. https://www.plumbersstock.com/peerless-rp4370-part-diverter-tub-spout-hand-shower-chrome.html
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 6:48:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on your layout.
My parents did it, but the had an old clawfoot tub, so there was lots of exposed plumbing already.
I could probably replace my shower plumbing easily enough because I have an access panel for it.
The plumbing is the easy part, getting access can be hard.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget to hang up a shower ring to hold up the shower curtain.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#6]
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow... never knew those outlet diverters existed. Problem/solution... Cool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top