Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2017 4:11:03 PM EDT
I've had chest pain off and on for about three weeks and it got worse recently, although still relatively minor.

I went to an urgent care and they basically told me I needed chest xray, ekg, blood work etc and to either go to the ER or find a primary care doctor.

I'm 25, 160 lbs, physically active, and uninsured so I'm trying to give it another week before I go.  I stopped vaping 2 days ago and today the pain feels a bit different, almost a dull burning lower in my chest.  It feels like a lung issue but it's hard to tell.

I did switch to a different juice about the time the pain started. Is it possible I just pissed off my lungs and I'm dealing with some minor inflammation?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say it cant be good for you
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Possibly the juice being shitty quality or it's possible you have an allergy to PG as well. Stop vaping for a week or two and see what changes.

Could also be something else entirely that's not the vape.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:16:01 PM EDT
[#3]
You vape wattage or TC?

If your vape is too hot you could get popcorn lung.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Was vaping about 36W on a smok alien using 14mg.

I cut back for 2 days and stopped entirely two days ago.  Guess we will see.

Edited to add, it's pretty difficult to determine where the pain comes from. It could be a dislocation in my back. At 25 and healthy that seems much more likely.

The good news is I've found a local direct care practice.  I was interested in trying it out after hearing Dr. Josh Umbra on Hannity, so I'm going to give them a call monday.  I haven't had a primary care doc since mine retired many years ago.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:17:43 PM EDT
[#5]
popcorn lung, dibs...
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#6]
The whole popcorn lung story again... :rollseyes:

Vaping vs smoking lessened my chest pains. Also ended my heartburn almost completely...

I think it's unlikely it's vape related, but I've been wrong before...
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Dear god, 14 mg at 35ish watts would kill me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, decided to do an update mainly in case anyone experiences a similar problem.

Chest pain was not vape related, and not a heart problem.  I found a great doctor and got a full checkup, completely healthy.

I was worried there for a bit because it did feel like a minor heart attack but it seems to have been a muscle problem originating in my back.  I think it might have put some pressure on a nerve because the pain hit some serious high marks a few times. Getting old sucks.

Also, direct primary care like they talk about on Hannity is the real deal.  Found one near me and get unlimited care for dirt cheap. My doctor has been absolutely great.  Worth checking out.

Thanks for the advice everyone
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:59:41 AM EDT
[#9]
14mg is your problem.  anything above 6mg is way to harsh for me in any mod, it actually made my throat and shit sore, once i cut down to 6 then 3m in 70/30 vg everything was great.  Dont get too caught up on the MG you are vaping getting less is fine you will just probably vape it more.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 2:06:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I think the problem is on liquid which is not perfectly become smoke. the liquid is on your lung.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top