Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2020 5:54:18 PM EDT
I'm asking if a box of good cigars can be left in the original box with say a Bovida pack, and be safe from not drying out, and aged that way as long as the temp is properly controlled? I realize some boxes won't work, but I think a well made box the cigars fit in perfectly should work correct? Most of the boxes I have purchased are made of cedar I believe.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Edited to say I didnt see you say aged.  I dont think this is the optimal way.  Itll work fine.  But I dont know about aging.

Use a ziplock bag or tupperware with the boveda instead.  You can even put the whole box inside.
Just make sure you open it once or twice a week.  Humidors arent supposed to be air tight.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
'm asking if a box of good cigars can be left in the original box with say a Bovida pack, and be safe from not drying out, and aged that way as long as the temp is properly controlled? I realize some boxes won't work, but I think a well made box the cigars fir in perfectly should work correct? Most of the boxes I have purchased are made of cedar I believe.
View Quote

I’ve seen a few that can work, but not many.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 8:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep ziplock or tupperware with bovida or with cigar beads.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay, so I took the un opened boxes and put them in airtight plastic containers with a Boveda pack. Is this just fine, or do they need to be out of their neatly organized perfectly fitting box to age properly?
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 2:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Okay, so I took the un opened boxes and put them in airtight plastic containers with a Boveda pack. Is this just fine, or do they need to be out of their neatly organized perfectly fitting box to age properly?
View Quote

You can put a box in an airtight container with a Boveda pack and it will do just fine.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top