Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2018 4:13:17 PM EDT
Remastered WCIII Reign of Chaos and Frozen Throne for $30

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/warcraft-iii-reforged?blzcmp=wcr_shop_hpbottom

Warcraft III: Reforged Gameplay Trailer
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hope there's more announcements, was hoping for a redone D1 and/or D2.
View Quote
LOL...

You get a  chinese re-skin mobile game instead...
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:41:01 PM EDT
[#3]
First I've heard of this.  I'm definitely interested.

WC3 and The Frozen Throne had one of the best stories of any game I've ever played.  
WoW did a great job continuing it through WotLK.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as they remove the 99 unit cap I'll check it out.

What I really want is a re-mastered WarCraft II. I would shit my pants for that.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hope there's more announcements, was hoping for a redone D1 and/or D2.
View Quote
This. Redone well, not that cartoony shit of D3
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Meh.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 12:46:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LOL...

You get a  chinese re-skin mobile game instead.
View Quote
Man, people are PISSED about that announcement. Announcing a mobile game version in a franchise that diehards have been waiting six years for, to an audience of almost exclusively PC gamers? Talk about tone-deaf. People were already booing, then the dumbass who quipped, "Don't you people have phones?" chimed in. He's fucked.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:26:38 AM EDT
[#8]
But is it mobile?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm really surprised a lot of game companies haven't been doing this more and more. Hollywood has been doing almost nothing but regurgitating old movies but just with slight changes (main character who was white is now black, or a woman, etc.).

With old PC games you don't need to make changes like that, just re-code the game with modern graphics (I'm sure there is a lot more to it than that, but you get the point). There are whole generations of PC gamers today who never had the pleasure of playing some really fantastic games from the 80s, 90s, even early 2000s.

I can imagine the early Ultima games, early Star Wars games (Dark Forces, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, etc.), Dune, Wing Commander, Star Trek: 25 Anniversary, Command & Conquer series, Indiana Jones series, Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights series, Duke Nukem 3D, Dungeon Keeper, Lands of Lore, and a ton more (I really could go on and on, the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s produced some really great PC games) that would be amazing with modern graphics.

The old timer PC gamers would buy them out of nostalgia, and to all those who weren't alive or weren't PC gamers when those games came out they would be fresh new games.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As long as they remove the 99 unit cap I'll check it out.

What I really want is a re-mastered WarCraft II. I would shit my pants for that.
View Quote
Zug Zug
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Blizzard really screwed the pooch on this one.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm really surprised a lot of game companies haven't been doing this more and more. Hollywood has been doing almost nothing but regurgitating old movies but just with slight changes (main character who was white is now black, or a woman, etc.).

With old PC games you don't need to make changes like that, just re-code the game with modern graphics (I'm sure there is a lot more to it than that, but you get the point). There are whole generations of PC gamers today who never had the pleasure of playing some really fantastic games from the 80s, 90s, even early 2000s.

I can imagine the early Ultima games, early Star Wars games (Dark Forces, X-Wing, Tie Fighter, etc.), Dune, Wing Commander, Star Trek: 25 Anniversary, Command & Conquer series, Indiana Jones series, Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights series, Duke Nukem 3D, Dungeon Keeper, Lands of Lore, and a ton more (I really could go on and on, the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s produced some really great PC games) that would be amazing with modern graphics.

The old timer PC gamers would buy them out of nostalgia, and to all those who weren't alive or weren't PC gamers when those games came out they would be fresh new games.  
View Quote
Certain old games would be great, but a surprising number suffer from outdated mechanics and other limitations that just aren’t fun for a modern audience.

The X-Wing games suffer from a low max number of units on the field at a time, for example.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 4:57:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd love a remastered Fallout 3 and New Vegas in the Fallout 4/76 engine with the updated power armor mechanics. They could make so much money.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:24:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd love a remastered Fallout 3 and New Vegas in the Fallout 4/76 engine with the updated power armor mechanics. They could make so much money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lolwut?  Fallout 3 is the older of the two and it’s only like 10 years old.  Hell, I played it in 1080p when it was new. Is it just considered a garbage antique if it doesn’t run in native 5K anymore?  FO1 and 2 getting remade in a more modern engine would be cool, but Bethesda would fuck it up, so....

An iOS/Android port ala Baldur’s Gate would be great for a lot of those old RPG and strategy games like the original Fallouts where touch controls would be perfectly adequate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top