Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/23/2022 1:28:57 AM EDT
My mom's phone has received two missed calls from my dad's phone since he died last April.  

She has kept his phone active in case any old friends or businesses call that didn't know he passed.  It is usually in their office on a charger.  She was going through the call history on her phone the other day and found two missed calls from his phone.  One a few weeks ago when she was having an especially hard time with his loss, and one on her birthday.  She checked his phone and found that there were in fact calls placed from his phone at those times.  She lives by herself and does not have visitors besides me.  There is no logical explanation that I can think of.

Edited for those who can't read to bold the part where my Dad's phone shows the outgoing going calls.  How could a scammer spoof an outgoing call on a phone to match an incoming call on another call?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#2]
It could happen. Relatives of mine experienced supernatural occurrences after the death of loved ones. This wouldn't surprise me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:34:48 AM EDT
[#3]
That's really odd.

Sorry for your family's loss.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
When I had a company issued phone I occasionally got spam calls from phone numbers similar to company numbers (same area code and same first three digits). I never got multiple calls from the same spam number, and never from a familiar number.

I'm sorry for your family's loss.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:55:30 AM EDT
[#5]
There is a lot we don't know or understand
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:59:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't experienced that particularly, but I've seen enough supernatural events that I believe you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:01:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry for your loss and not sure what to say. Phone number spoofs can happen. Although that is odd. I am not sure that I believe although my youngest son when he was 3 spoke told me he loved his grandma Ann one morning. I asked what he said since I must have misheard him and he said she played with me in my room. She died 3 years before he was born and we really don’t speak about her much. Freaked wife out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:03:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry for your loss and not sure what to say. Phone number spoofs can happen. Although that is odd. I am not sure that I believe although my youngest son when he was 3 spoke told me he loved his grandma Ann one morning. I asked what he said since I must have misheard him and he said she played with me in my room. She died 3 years before he was born and we really don’t speak about her much. Freaked wife out.
View Quote

He added that the call was placed from the phone, so it's not a spoof.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:08:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Damn. That gives me chills.

Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:09:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for your loss. Either something supernatural going on, or your mom is going insane
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:11:49 AM EDT
[#11]
That is weird as fuck OP.  I’m sorry for your loss and prayers sent for the entire situation. Just know someone above cares for you and your family.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:16:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm sorry for your loss OP and totally believe that our loved ones do send us a message from time to time.
The night my father died I was 2000 miles away and fast asleep.
Something woke me up in the middle of the night and I looked at my wife and said "I need to call my Dad in the morning".
My wife was very close to one of her uncles and one night we were watching TV when a picture of him fell off the wall.
He had passed about an hour before.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:19:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Mrballen did a video a while back about a 911 center repeatedly getting calls from a dead woman for a year after she died. The way he described it, the phone company confirmed to LE that calls were being placed from the house’s landline, but the line wasn’t even hooked up.

I don’t know.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:26:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I will often set texts to send in the future.  Can you program calls the same way? The call on her birthday is something I would set a reminder for (but not an auto call).
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:30:24 AM EDT
[#15]
My dead BIL called me once.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Sorry for your loss. Also lost my Dad in April and a sister in June. My sister said she would leave signs. Her sign to me is a bald eagle. Shortly after she died, I found an injured bald eagle at my Dad’s farm. Eagle sanctuary in Minneapolis said they would come down the following morning. I got within two feet of the eagle, he starred at me for the longest time. Eagle died overnight. Sister had cancer and couldn’t be fixed. Eagle was injured and couldn’t be fixed. I cried while I buried the eagle.

Hope you are well..   Dan
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:43:11 AM EDT
[#17]
My mom keeps her and my dads phone active and both in her purse.
She just grabs whichever one to text. I should probably just change my dads name to mom also in my phone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 2:49:38 AM EDT
[#18]
His car's warranty is likely expired.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:00:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

So true. When my son died, his best friend in Peru received a strange phone call that he believes was from my son within about an hour after Matt was gone.  He told me about it, but at the time my mind was so fried I don't remember the details.  My son has been back, once when his sister was in Oklahoma and he has been back to my house in Key West as well as the new one in Lakeland Highlands.  There have been two instances of physical "events" (items being moved) that we are sure were him.  He is not around so much now, but my grandkids (not his children, he had none) have been spitting babies out over the last two years, so he may be back.  If so,I hope he remembers so we can say hi.  I've posted about it before but one of my grandsons when he was about four or so told me about he had died before when his dad was his brother.  I believed him.

A lot of people laugh and think you are wacko, but if you have ever had an unexplained event, seen a UFO, or whatever, you will never laugh at the "wackos" again.

OP, I am sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 3:52:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Our loved ones do try to communicate. Thers is much more to it than we understand...

My wife died last February. Twice while texting her sister over the summer, messages wrote themselves on my phone without input on my part. Another one wrote on her sisters phone. Somewhat garbled, but understandable also. These messages also disappeared from the text log within days, while normal texts did not.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 5:38:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I once got a spam call from a number that spoofed my moms cell. Only reason i picked up the phone was cuz it said "Mom". When i did it was an autobot asking about something or other.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 5:49:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My mom's phone has received two missed calls from my dad's phone since he died last April.  

She has kept his phone active in case any old friends or businesses call that didn't know he passed.  It is usually in their office on a charger.  She was going through the call history on her phone the other day and found two missed calls from his phone.  One a few weeks ago when she was having an especially hard time with his loss, and one on her birthday.  She checked his phone and found that there were in fact calls placed from his phone at those times.  She lives by herself and does not have visitors besides me.  There is no logical explanation that I can think of.
View Quote

REMOVED
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:52:05 AM EDT
[#23]
It's probably spoof calls, make sure your mom doesn't get taken in by a scam.
So sorry about your dad.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Spammers/scammers using spoofed numbers. It happens all the time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:12:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
After my father died some telemarketing clowns did the same thing to my mother spoofing my dad's number.  

My mother said the same thing, from beyond the grave.  The second call I answered and it was someone trying to sell something.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:34:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Nearly every poster ignoring that the phone says it placed these calls.  Im not a scammer but i imagine thats not how spoofing calls works.  

Reading is for…well, you know.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry for your loss and creepy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nearly every poster ignoring that the phone says it placed these calls.  Im not a scammer but i imagine thats not how spoofing calls works.  

Reading is for…well, you know.
View Quote

This. Come on guys...

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#29]
I’ve had phone calls to my cell phone FROM my cell number. Scammers.

I’ve also seen a couple supernatural events. The strangest phone event I heard of was in 1987 when an Air Force A-7 lost its engine, tried to land at Indianapolis International but wasn’t going to make it. The pilot ejected and the aircraft slammed into the Airport Ramada Inn.

The young bell hop phoned his mom from the pay phone in the lobby—10 minutes after the aircraft hit squarely in the lobby. He told her he was ok and would be home soon. Obviously he couldn’t have made the call. The phone company verified the number of the pay phone and the time of the call. Weird.

Too much strange stuff like that out there for there not to be other dimensions, IMO.

TC
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

A spoofed caller ID won't generate the outgoing call like he said his dad's phone made.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:01:48 AM EDT
[#31]
My dad has been gone a few years.  My youngest niece would stay Saturday nights with my mom.  She has seen my dad in the house on more than one occasion since he died.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:04:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Spam calls. I've been called by my own number 3 times.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:07:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Damn that reminds me of a terrifying episode of The Twilight Zone.  A rich old woman starts receiving calls from someone who died(her ex husband? I can't remember).  The reveal at the end was disturbing as hell.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#35]
There has never in the history of the human race been documented proof there is life after death.

With all of the cameras, phones etc no one has ever done it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#36]
When I was in high school, there was a terrible accident involving four kids out joyriding. The car left the road and all but one of the occupants were ejected from the vehicle. Two died, a boy and a girl. One girl survived but remained in a vegetative state.

Only one girl survived unharmed. She had been sitting in the back seat, wearing a seat belt. Years later, I would become good friends with that girl, and she told me two things about the accident.

The first was that she went to visit the other surviving girl regularly. She was in a care facility and had diminished mental capabilities due to brain damage.

The second thing she told me was that every now and then, the dead girl would call her house phone.

She was not one to exaggerate, and I believed her.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#37]
About a dozen years ago my mom passed after a long bout with Alzheimer's. A couple of weeks after I was working in her house to prep it for sale. The land line phone rang, one long non stop ring. Cell phones were rare, she wouldn't have known what to do with one anyway. Number spoofing and nuisance calls just didn't happen. After 30 seconds of ring, I picked it up. It was an open but somewhat noisy line. I said her name and "It's time to rest. Jesus is waiting for you." Then the line went dead with a click. The phone never rang again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Sorry for your loss.

Its just spoof calling though.
These scammers have figured out how to make their phone number look local and somehow theyve made it look like his number. It could even be some weird call forwarding thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#39]
Everyone grieves differently.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sorry for your loss.

Its just spoof calling though.
These scammers have figured out how to make their phone number look local and somehow theyve made it look like his number. It could even be some weird call forwarding thing.
View Quote

It's not spoofed calls since my dad's phone shows the outgoing calls at the same time hers shows the received ones.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:52:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There has never in the history of the human race been documented proof there is life after death.

With all of the cameras, phones etc no one has ever done it.
View Quote

You may be correct but I have seen way too many instances of coincidences and otherwise unexplainable happenings that there has to be something else.

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Sorry for your family loss OP. If your moms a believer, comfort her that she will be with her love again.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#43]
Any voice mail?
Not kidding, I believe in this kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Thank you everyone for the condolences.  It's been a tough year.

Another thing to add.  My dad was a heavy smoker, which contributed to his young death.  He never smoked inside their current house.  There are times when my mom feels his presence and smells cigarette smoke.  When this happens, their dog also starts sniffing and gets excited and runs around looking for him.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any voice mail?
Not kidding, I believe in this kind of stuff.
View Quote

No.  That part is kind of odd.  The main screen of her phone never showed a missed call.  It's only in the call history, like the call was so short it didn't even ring.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Sounds like something from the old TV show, One Step Beyond.  Condolences
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Spammers routinely spoof numbers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:03:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Book I read once years ago.

Was creepy AF.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#49]
while I’m not inclined to believe supernatural events in general, after my mom died roughly 3 months later I had a vivid dream where we bumped into to each other in a crowded stadium and she quickly thanked me for all the help I gave her at the end of her life and quickly vanished in the swirl of the crowd

that dream shook my world, woke up crying, got emotional in the retelling to others.
now it could be just a dream in a grieving sons mind but I swear it was her thanking me from somewhere
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
while I’m not inclined to believe supernatural events in general, after my mom died roughly 3 months later I had a vivid dream where we bumped into to each other in a crowded stadium and she quickly thanked me for all the help I gave her at the end of her life and quickly vanished in the swirl of the crowd

that dream shook my world, woke up crying, got emotional in the retelling to others.
now it could be just a dream in a grieving sons mind but I swear it was her thanking me from somewhere
View Quote

Dreams are another way of communication. I've had about 6 since my wife passed that I can vividly remember. Our daughter says she's had a couple also. I really think we aren't meant to understand why these things happen, but that doesn't mean they aren't real.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top