Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2019 10:52:08 AM EDT
Saw a CETME at a gun show for $475, and I started researching because I always kinda wanted one.

Found parts kits are fairly cheap and US-made receivers seem to be a thing.

So, is a CETME kit any fun to do? I searched Arfcom and found approximately nothing. I've built AR15's and 1911's and AK's.

Post up, bring me up to speed on these kinda neat guns.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:01:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Indeed, I can.
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:29:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#3]
Link Posted: 12/8/2019 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By medicmandan:
I've had a kit for years but I can't weld.

This guy has a whole video series on the build:

https://www.full30.com/watch/MDA2MDU2/cetme-l---build-step-1---unpacking-your-kit
View Quote
So, learn how to weld!
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Back In 2000, I was at an outdoors range, and this guy showed up with a box from CAI, it was a brand new Cetme, after firing about 40 rounds with about 20 jams, he offer to sell that "crap" that he paid $400, for $300. I went home with it, dismantled the whole thing, cleaned, oiled, order 1000rds South African surplus ammo, went back to the range, and that was one of the best rifles I've ever shot, zero malfunctions, zero jams, zero problems.
on 911, I had to work in the afternoon, and that was the rifle I brought with me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty sure Ian and Karl did a series on how to build these kits.  I remember it being fairly involved.   Not sure if the tube of yutes allows build content anymore but if so it was pretty in depth.  The receiver  needs welding and I think a drill press is needed for setting up the gas system or indexing the barrel or something.
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 10:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Im doing a couple of G3 kits soon. I weld and have a full shop of metal working tools and a couple presses.
Tearing down the old trunion and cocking tube can take some patience and time.

Theres lots of info out there still. Using my PTR91 as a guide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top