Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2022 8:24:01 PM EDT
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has eased its universal masking recommendation in health care settings, unless the facilities are located in areas of high COVID-19 transmission.

The new guidance, which includes hospitals and nursing homes, was part of the CDC’s updated recommendations published on Friday. It marks a major change from its previous recommendation of universal masking.

https://www.fox29.com/news/cdc-universal-masking-update-some-hospitals-nursing-homes-covid-transmission
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 1:32:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Local hospital will keep the masks mandatory as long as they can..

20 questions and temperature check when you enter.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 2:47:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Unless they're forced to stop, the hospitals around here are going to keep the mask mandates forever.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 2:47:51 AM EDT
[#4]
They peel back some unconstitutional restrictions but not all. Unless Walenski is jailed along with Fauci then it's a joke
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:05:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Our university hospital just put out a memo saying they were keeping the masks in spite of the new CDC recommendations because they serve a "vulnerable population" (to be read as fat and generally unhealthy).  

As a prior poster said I don't think they are ever going away.

Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:56:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice to hear, but many simply can't let go. They're the Linus of the world with their light blue security blanket on their face.

Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:59:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice to hear, but many simply can't let go. They're the Linus of the world with their light blue security blanket on their face.

View Quote
Good way to put it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#8]
When this garbage first hit and I went to my GP's office, the woman manning the entrance and taking temps made me change the mask I was wearing...it had a valve in it so my glasses would not steam up.  "That protects you but not the rest of us."  Well, hell's bells.  I didn't think there was such a thing.

I didn't give her grief.  She didn't make this mess.  But I thought it was an interesting unguarded statement for her to make.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Luckily my primary doctor always thought it was retarded and never enforced it despite what DHEC was saying.  Most of the hospital employees think it's stupid and either have their mask under their nose or they walk around with a half full Starbucks cup.  I got told to wear one when in the urologist's office (after walking past a security guard who a) said nothing and b) had hers under her nose), took it off in the exam room and he never said anything when he came in to see me.  Chehcked out and walked out of the offices without it on too.      

The only people I see still wearing them are either old as dirt or very sickly looking, extremely liberal looking or black- and the last group very rarely wear them properly, usually under their nose while walking around talking loudly on their phones.  

ETA- Funny story, when this mess was in full swing I went to one of the doctor's offices (not my primary) and they had some tech just inside the door checking temps.  Well it was typical SC summer weather so around 100F, I'm balding and I was sunburned from working outdoors the day before.  Of course her infrared thermometer showed a higher than normal skin temp and she didn't know what to do.  I tried to explain to her that elevated skin temp was normal for burns, including sunburned white folks, and especially when I was sweating from the outside temp (since their parking lot was being resurfaced and I had to walk about a block in the sun).  She was confused and wanted to call her supervisor and I told her which office I was going to and they could call them if she still didn't understand- then got one the elevator with two other people, despite the two people per elevator posting, and went about my business.  Didn't hear anything about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top