Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2021 3:20:04 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with buying a new vehicle online?

Looking to pick up a 2021 F150 XLT but the local dealers are playing games with giving me prices out the door.  It's also not something likely to be in stock anywhere and would have to be ordered.

Anyplace someone could recommend would be good too.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Last vehicle we bought, got on autotrader and started searching nationwide for vehicle with specific options we wanted. Took those that I found  and put into a spreadsheet with vins, options and a personal rating color code (on where that vehicle rated to me with its options) contact info and started going down the list and getting numbers from dealers.

Once we found one that would deal and had what we wanted set up everything through email and a couple of phone calls. Spent all of 30 minutes at the dealer for paperwork to trade in old car and pick up new one.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 5:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the dealer, tell them you want to do a factory order.
Once they pull up MSRP you can make a deal (you'll get whatever rebates are in force at the time of delivery).
If you want to make an offer of invoice minus rebates (they still make money with the holdback & other incentives), then do it & see what they counter with.
If they don't want to deal, then go to another dealer & do the same thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top