Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2021 6:48:44 PM EDT
I see a lot for sale online.

What’s the scoop on such?

Unpatented 20 claims via quit deed.  On BLM land.  
Has buildings on it.  The one in AZ I’m looking at does.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Only thing I hear frequently mentioned is environmental cleanup. Lots of mining uses some extreme stuff. As with any business venture they probably just weren't producing so they got shut down.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
There are plenty of mines out there with visible gold and no economic path forward.  Know why you're buying.  You want a hardrock shelter for doomsday?  Gonna get rich?  Or is it an artisanal mine that perhaps will break even after equipment costs and expenses but is a fun hobby?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Unpatented?

Quitclaim deed?

Yeah, um no.

They’re selling you whatever rights they may have in the claim, but they’re not guaranteeing they actually have any rights in the claim.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t care if it produces.  
I can keep a pile of dirt and constantly be sifting at my own pace.  Profit isn’t the drive in my gold business.
Appear to be working.  Goal.

It’s a rock shelter.  And cheap land to stand on.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask your question here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top