Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2020 3:16:21 PM EDT
What belt should I get for squatting and deadlift? This is my first belt, currently lifting without one. I read the thread about Pioneer’s belt sale late last year. I didn’t get the idea that there was a consensus pick and I’m interested in hearing your opinions.

I’m stuck between the 8.5mm Stock lever belt for $70ish or just going all out on a 10mm double suede pioneer cut with some embroidery for $120+. Will the extra $50 and month wait be worth it aside from the vanity of having my name on it? Or should I consider a different option altogether?
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What belt should I get for squatting and deadlift? This is my first belt, currently lifting without one. I read the thread about Pioneer’s belt sale late last year. I didn’t get the idea that there was a consensus pick and I’m interested in hearing your opinions.

I’m stuck between the 8.5mm Stock lever belt for $70ish or just going all out on a 10mm double suede pioneer cut with some embroidery for $120+. Will the extra $50 and month wait be worth it aside from the vanity of having my name on it? Or should I consider a different option altogether?
View Quote

I recently picked up the stock 13mm belt and it's great. It's more comfortable than my Rogue 10mm belt and the pioneer cut is awesome. I won't get another belt that isn't pioneer cut and 8.5mm belts don't do it for me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Im not much of a belt guy.  I use a spud strap above my belly button for deads but only above 90%.

I think they aren't really needed for most of what people do.  If you go to the gym and never sweat,  you don't need the latest belt.

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 1:36:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a 13mm Pioneer Cut stock belt during the big Christmas Sale last fall.
I use it for both deads and squats. Great product for the money. It still looks new just more broken-in now.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im not much of a belt guy.  I use a spud strap above my belly button for deads but only above 90%.

I think they aren't really needed for most of what people do.  If you go to the gym and never sweat,  you don't need the latest belt.

View Quote

Right now I have none so I’m not even sure if I’m a “belt guy” or not. I looked at the spud belts a little but they’re the same price if not more than a leather belt.

Sounds like I might ought to try the 13mm.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to overthink my use of a belt and then finally decided that I wear it for my last warmup and my working sets. There's no harm in it and it helps me become stronger. Again, the Pioneer cut is awesome.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#6]
whoops
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:45:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I've never used a Pioneer, but they are supposed to be good.

I have a 13mm Inzer lever belt and it's GTG. It was very stiff at first but has softened.  It provides amazing resistance for bracing. Even so, my abs are now strong enough to make it flex when bracing hard. I use it when I go over about 50% on squats and deads and for max effort attempts on bench.

Belts don't really do anything other than give you something to push against when bracing.  They do provide a measure of safety and I see no harm in that.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 3:48:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I have pioneer and Inzer. Yes hey are the same quality.

10mm is pretty thick. I have 10s, but 8.5 is probably a better general use size for most peope.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#10]
If you are still looking, Pioneer has a sale going on this weekend.

https://generalleathercraft.com/product-category/pioneer/weightlifting-belts/power-lifting-belts/

Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are still looking, Pioneer has a sale going on this weekend.

https://generalleathercraft.com/product-category/pioneer/weightlifting-belts/power-lifting-belts/

View Quote

Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#12]
I went with the inzer forever lever. No regrets.

Link

I use a cheap Rep nylon belt for lighter work. It's a lot more flexible. Lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I rock an Inzer 13mm single prong. If I'd known about the Pioneer I'd have probably gotten one of those instead, as stop and go as my lifting can be its sometimes tough to get the belt tight with the Inzer hole spacing.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 6:03:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Stock Pioneer single prong with the Pioneer Cut. Then if you keep lifting, you can think about exactly what you want in a Pioneer custom made belt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top