Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2019 8:47:39 PM EDT
Bit of a niche question so apologies if this is the wrong forum section. As the title states, I’m looking to pick up a Garand (and a couple other wishlist guns) before these stupid laws go into effect in WA and make buying firearms a huge hassle. Does anyone here have experience with the CMP? I’ve seen that that’s the best way to pick up an M1 but it seems like the process takes a while, and if I haven’t received the rifle before July 1 I’d be worried about what would happen to the order. Or is there another route I should look at like gunbroker? If anyone could provide guidance on this it’d be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
When I got mine from CMP it took a few months, I would suggest looking elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a lot of selection left at CMP.

Go to the site and read everything!

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

I'm embarrassed to admit that I thought the M1s would be available forever.  I was being stupid.  They are a finite product.

I got a couple but wish I have gotten more.

I have no clue what local laws are going to do to you, but if you want a CMP gun don't wait.  Do everything you can do to get your order in and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 5/2/2019 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#3]
In February, I got a nice Springfield Armory service grade, 1943 manufacture date for the sn, took only about a month.  Still the best deal around, should have enough time
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In February, I got a nice Springfield Armory service grade, 1943 manufacture date for the sn, took only about a month.  Still the best deal around, should have enough time
View Quote
Op should join a CMP affiliated club like Garand Collectors Association, then..... Road Trip!

I’m sure he can make it there by July
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 5:55:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Still decent selection at CMP, depending on what you order rifles are being shipped 2-5 weeks. Timeline changes because of supply , demand etc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top