Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2021 10:08:00 AM EDT
Has anyone experienced burn in on their Oled tv?  I am in need of a new tv and it's down to Samsung Qled r LG Oled.  We are two old people who do not game just watch movies etc.  Don't want to spend over a grand and have a shitty image always sitting in the active screen.  Nothing over a 50 incher since the area for the tv will only allow  up to that size.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:29:32 AM EDT
My Sony A9G is going on 2 years old, no issues.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:04:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2021 1:04:52 PM EDT by eracer]
OLED is subject to persistence, just like plasmas were.  Even LCD's can suffer from persistence, but not nearly to the degree that plasmas were.

'Burn-in' (a misnomer) was a problem with CRTs.  It could not be reversed because the phosphors were damaged.  Persistence can be reversed unless the pixel elements themselves are damaged.  Leaving a static image on them does not do that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 3:47:18 PM EDT
Replacing the LED strips isn't a huge job, if they are the problem. You'll probably need help lifting off the glass and panel to get to them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:46:53 AM EDT
The only way I'd expect a problem is if you always have it on watching something with a chiron or scrolling news ticker.
Top Top