Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 12/5/2021 12:46:07 PM EST
https://hothardware.com/news/bidens-infrastructure-bill-mandatory-backdoor-car-kill-switch

by 2026, vehicles sold in the US will be required to automatically and silently record various metrics of driver performance, and then make a decision, absent any human oversight, whether the owner will be allowed to use their own vehicle. Even worse, the measure goes on to require that the system be "open" to remote access by "authorized" third parties at any time.
View Quote

prison planet coming together nicely

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:48:21 PM EST
[#1]
Fuck all that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:49:03 PM EST
[#2]
Looks like track days are about to become a thing of the past.

And insurance rates will be tied to "driver performance".

Ultimately, if your "social credit" score dips, they will just brick your car.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:49:51 PM EST
[#3]
FJB
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:51:30 PM EST
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck all that.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:51:36 PM EST
[#5]
Don't argue with them, they have nukes.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:52:29 PM EST
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

The end goal is no private car ownership and self driving taxis.  The way to get there is make it so expensive for someone to own a car and impossible to get insurance if its not self driving.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:53:00 PM EST
[#7]
Yet another reason to not buy a new car
Eta: several years ago, I wrote estimates and ran 12 direct repair programs for a local body shop, the guy who oversees travelers insurance for my area told me that the goal was to make personal car ownership illegal, people would lease cars, no repairs would be made, the car would just get switched out at the dealership. I thought he was nuts. He wasn't
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:53:47 PM EST
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:54:04 PM EST
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

True.

CoC 4 Removed by  brass

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:54:11 PM EST
[#10]
Invest in animal-based transportation and plan to live local. Those who don't cave will be excommunicated.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:54:35 PM EST
[#11]
Bet a few members here are down for it.

Bet a lot of local LEO love it too.

Big ass Pandora’s box of shit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:55:39 PM EST
[#12]
Guess it's back to driving Muscle cars...
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:56:04 PM EST
[#13]
Quoted:

The end goal is no private car ownership and self driving taxis.  The way to get there is make it so expensive for someone to own a car and impossible to get insurance if its not self driving.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

I mention that in every EV thread. It isn't about replacing ICE cars with EVs as a 1 for 1 swap, it is about making personal transportation no longer an option for the masses.
The real goal is the de-suburbanization of the USA, herding everybody into city center. Then spending trillions tearing out all signs of human habitation in those areas and restoring them to a natural state.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:58:02 PM EST
[#14]
Laughs in 2000 Nissan Frontier, 1987 4 Runner & 1997 F-750.

I do not want, and will never own a brand new car.

Edit:  Oh, and I forgot my 1994 Isuzu Rodeo.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:58:10 PM EST
[#15]
Within the next few days in will be buying the biggest , nastiest , most foul polluting,  obnoxious new F250 I can afford.  Mainly since it's time and before all these womandates go into effect.. also before electric range anxiety people movers become decreed
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:58:38 PM EST
[#16]
Quoted:

Yup.

I mention that in every EV thread. It isn't about replacing ICE cars with EVs as a 1 for 1 swap, it is about making personal transportation no longer an option for the masses.
The real goal is the de-suburbanization of the USA, herding everybody into city center. Then spending trillions tearing out all signs of human habitation in those areas and restoring them to a natural state.

View Quote

And in the process they'll use government health care to kill off as many as they can via decisions on who gets treated and who doesn't. It's utterly evil.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:59:15 PM EST
[#17]
This is racist .

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 12:59:52 PM EST
[#18]
Quoted:

True.

But my $2 single round can alter history.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:00:09 PM EST
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:00:16 PM EST
[#20]
Delete.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:00:40 PM EST
[#21]
Ha, joke is on them, we won't be able to afford cars in 2025.

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:00:49 PM EST
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

EV people love this shit. May their chains rest lightly.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:01:16 PM EST
[#23]
Quoted:
https://hothardware.com/news/bidens-infrastructure-bill-mandatory-backdoor-car-kill-switch

by 2026, vehicles sold in the US will be required to automatically and silently record various metrics of driver performance, and then make a decision, absent any human oversight, whether the owner will be allowed to use their own vehicle. Even worse, the measure goes on to require that the system be "open" to remote access by "authorized" third parties at any time.
View Quote

It's almost like ELECTRIC VEHICLES have fuck all to do with the environment.

It's almost like CONTROLLING THE ABILITY TO TRAVEL was always the plan.

It's not like some of us haven't said that for over a decade now.

Amazing how some people can't see past their own asses and realize how incrementalism works ...

prison planet coming together nicely

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:01:20 PM EST
[#24]
There goes the draw for performance in the Teslas.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:01:56 PM EST
[#25]
Quoted:
Invest in animal-based transportation and plan to live local. Those who don't cave will be excommunicated.
View Quote
Instead of Yoder Toters, Yoder will be toting you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:02:21 PM EST
[#26]
Two-edged sword.

They'll introduce enough security vulnerabilities to make third party jail-breaking a thing, too.  

The shining constant in all these idiotic techno-fascist schemes is their failure to consider all consequences, human errors, and motivated efforts at circumvention.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:02:32 PM EST
[#27]
Probably so they can eventually tax away non-elites' ability to afford to own their own car.  Don't pay the taxes and they kill your car.  They'll also mandate inward and outward cameras 'for safety' to aid in surveillance.  And they'll regulate and tax away all the gasoline stations so pre-ban ICE vehicles will be unusable.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:03:22 PM EST
[#28]
I'm skeptical, I'd like to see the actual wording in the bill.

There is a section that will require some sort of anti-drunk driving sensor that'll prevent the vehicle from going anywhere if the person in the driver's seat is drunk, but just like microstamping requirements nobody knows how that'll work.

I get it that the fed guv wants to discourage driving as much as possible (because driving equals freedom) but I think they will just seriously regulate and restrict the supply of gasoline, much like ammunition restrictions.  Much easier to restrict movement of private vehicles if you can't find fuel.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:04:01 PM EST
[#29]
I thought there was already a way to disable a car remotely.

The technology is already in place.

I wonder if my old "88 F 250 is immune from the space force?

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:05:38 PM EST
[#30]
Alex Jones was right...
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:05:53 PM EST
[#31]
Why do news sites suck so bad at their job?

I clicked the link, no reference to a page number or what the passage actually says. So I clicked the link inside the link, same thing.

Reference your shit when you write an article.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:05:58 PM EST
[#32]
I wouldn't be surprised if it required a camera that points at your crotch and is publicly accessible.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:06:36 PM EST
[#33]
Good Luck.

Creates and awesome market for software or devices to effectively neutralize that.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:07:45 PM EST
[#34]
The timeline between conspiracy theory and reality is going from decades to years
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:08:04 PM EST
[#35]
If they extend this to motorcycles my bike would be bricked halfway through the reasonably curvy 4-hour ride I often take.  And I'll be wanted for multiple speeding felonies.  And I'm sure Ohio speeding misdemeanors will be supplemented by new fed speeding felonies enforced by BATTFE - the second T is for traffic.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:10:17 PM EST
[#36]
Smart people will find ways to disable it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:11:08 PM EST
[#37]
Quoted:

True.

View Quote
Just take out one antenna and they'll be exposed so we can render them powerless.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:11:17 PM EST
[#38]
This is in addition to the breathalyzer that all cars will have?

What could possibly go wrong  I, personally, have NEVER, EVER, seen electronic gizmos is cars malfunction.  

I'm not sure what smiley to put after that statement.  

FJB and all the control mechanisms this administration is putting in place.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:14:38 PM EST
[#39]
I remember when I was mocked on here for complaining about cars recording the last few seconds leading up to a crash, and that was over a decade ago.  Your own car that you "own" can be used to incriminate you.  People here were arguing that it was a good thing, and only criminals wouldn't want their car recording the control inputs, speed, etc to be used against them.

Lol, NOW look at what "your" car is going to look like.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:15:48 PM EST
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you give us permission to search your car we can get on with violating your rights and if we don't find anything that we can arrest you for then we can expedite the reactivation of your car.  If you won't let us search, it might take days before it can be reactivated.  It's your choice.  You don't have to give us permission.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:17:30 PM EST
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

The leadership class will always have the freedom of access to their own vehicle.    Further separating the "Haves" and "Have Nots" to eliminate the very idea of a middle class.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:19:22 PM EST
[#42]
HHS will get access to it and you'll have to upload your proof of vaccination to use your own car.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:19:56 PM EST
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their end goal is a reduced, infertile, enslaved, population.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:21:06 PM EST
[#44]
it all starts with easing people into accepting orders.  Heck they will probably start with something simple like requiring you to wear a seat belt or something.  Nah.  People will never let things like that fly.   I know, I know, they will say it is for your "safety" and try to push it that way.  But people are to smart for that ruse right.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:25:28 PM EST
[#45]
Quoted:
it all starts with easing people into accepting orders.  Heck they will probably start with something simple like requiring you to wear a seat belt or something.  Nah.  People will never let things like that fly.   I know, I know, they will say it is for your "safety" and try to push it that way.  But people are to smart for that ruse right.
View Quote

As soon as people agree to not clog up public resources because when they get in a wreck without a seatbelt they need to be scraped off the highway, then I will support taking those laws away.

In the meantime however, it not only requires more resources that we all pay for when a wreck and associated injuries are worse, but it also endangers others on the road when you can't stay in the operator's seat during an accident as you are more likely to lose control of the vehicle.

Operate on private roadways if you don't like the rules of the public ones.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:25:37 PM EST
[#46]
Good luck shutting my 12v cummins down...
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:27:10 PM EST
[#47]
Quoted:
Good luck shutting my 12v cummins down...
View Quote

Old shit doesn't last forever.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:28:10 PM EST
[#48]
Quoted:
Why do news sites suck so bad at their job?

I clicked the link, no reference to a page number or what the passage actually says. So I clicked the link inside the link, same thing.

Reference your shit when you write an article.
View Quote

News sites DO suck at their jobs, but that doesn't mean that it's terribly difficult to find yourself in a few minutes time.

Go HERE

Download the pdf.

Search "Vehicle safety". There's quite a bit in there about all the ways they want to regulate your vehicles going forward, so you'll have to hit next quite a bit... Or just skip to p. 404 and look at section c:

(c) ADVANCED DRUNK AND IMPAIRED DRIVING PREVENTION
TECHNOLOGY SAFETY STANDARD.—Subject to subsection (e) and not
later than 3 years after the date of enactment of this Act, the
Secretary shall issue a final rule prescribing a Federal motor vehicle
safety standard under section 30111 of title 49, United States
Code, that requires passenger motor vehicles manufactured after
the effective date of that standard to be equipped with advanced
drunk and impaired driving prevention technology.

Specifically, that's: TITLE IV—HIGHWAY AND MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY, Subtitle B—Vehicle Safety, Sec. 24220. Advanced impaired driving technology, section c.

Also, see p. 403, (b) 1. A. :

(b) DEFINITIONS.—In this section:
(1) ADVANCED DRUNK AND IMPAIRED DRIVING PREVENTION
TECHNOLOGY.—The term ‘‘advanced drunk and impaired driving
prevention technology’’ means a system that—
(A) can—
(i) passively monitor the performance of a driver
of a motor vehicle to accurately identify whether that
driver may be impaired; and
(ii) prevent or limit motor vehicle operation if an
impairment is detected;
(B) can—
(i) passively and accurately detect whether the
blood alcohol concentration of a driver of a motor
vehicle is equal to or greater than the blood alcohol
concentration described in section 163(a) of title 23,
United States Code; and
(ii) prevent or limit motor vehicle operation if a
blood alcohol concentration above the legal limit is
detected; or
(C) is a combination of systems described in subparagraphs (A) and (B).

Blink and you'll miss it, but it's there.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:30:38 PM EST
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

And Chinese female spy "friends."

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 1:33:28 PM EST
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is where it's going. People will say "I'll just not buy a new car", but then they'll make your insurance rates so insane that it's impossible to pay. They just add more and more tyrannical bullshit. You need to have mandatory insurance to drive. Now you can't pay it so you can't drive.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.