Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
A bunch of miners showed up and started cutting holes in the mountain.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
That is awesome. I wish I had the skill and patience to pull something like that off.

I am building a new reloading room and thought it would be awesome to have an acrylic topped bench that had an N scale layout inside but I’ve scrapped the idea because it would end up looking like a train version of cake wrecks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is awesome. I wish I had the skill and patience to pull something like that off.

I am building a new reloading room and thought it would be awesome to have an acrylic topped bench that had an N scale layout inside but I’ve scrapped the idea because it would end up looking like a train version of cake wrecks.
View Quote

My luck would be derailments that required me to constantly clean off the bench to get it running again.  Keeping any flat horizontal surface around me is impossible.   I trash everything I get near.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Some day I'll get back home and get some updates.  I have all the kits I need to finish the town and the mines, I just need to get to work on them.  I bought a HO scale walthers Plymouth switcher that I am going to attempt to convert to HOn3 to switch the mines.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to have a habit of starting a new project and going full bore at it, then hit a roadblock that keeps me from working on it or slows my progress way down.  I think I'll finish up whatever I have now before moving on to something else.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Haven't updated in a while but I've been slowly working on structures for the town and the mines.  Still have a few more to go and tons of scenery to do.  

The post office

Blacksmith, assayer and a couple buildings I havent decided what to do with

I think i am going to put a gas station here instead.

Backside of the town

Mining offices

Miners shack

Some outbuildings near the mine

Post office, dry goods store and the school
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top