Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2021 8:03:01 PM EDT
I am looking at this on ebay:

Dell i5 Gaming Computer PC 16GB 2TB Nvidia GT1030 SSD 512GB 1TB Win 10 Desktop for around $450 shipped

It is  just basic computer, with gt 1030 specifies ddr5 memory on the video card. I was going to get it with 1tb ssd and 16gb of memory. This would be to play ww2 online, start citizen and warthunder.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 12:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
That GPU isn't going to do you any favors. It is equivalent to a ~10yr old midrange GPU.
Might be able to play those games at 720p and the lowest settings.

A used GTX1050Ti or GTX1650 should be ~$80-$100 and would be your best performance options depending on the case and power supply.
GPU market is crazy right now, so you might have a hard time finding something at a fair/reasonable price.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#2]
might be better off with an APU if you can find one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That GPU isn't going to do you any favors. It is equivalent to a ~10yr old midrange GPU.
Might be able to play those games at 720p and the lowest settings.

A used GTX1050Ti or GTX1650 should be ~$80-$100 and would be your best performance options depending on the case and power supply.
GPU market is crazy right now, so you might have a hard time finding something at a fair/reasonable price.
View Quote

Yeah that is the problem video cards are really stupid prices right now. Descent pre built systems are really expensive as well. Thanks for the info, guess I will pass on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top