Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2018 3:25:27 PM EDT
Bfv sales down 67 percent. Game is 30 bucks at target. Lol. EA: “Don’t buy it” Consumer: “ok”

This shit is too funny
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#1]
But is it on sale for PC?
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]
They killed their chances with the reveal trailer. And all their SJW non historically correct BS.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Fallout 76 isn't doing too well either IIRC.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Good! They got what they asked for.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Played them all since 1942. Thought BF1 sucked and didn't buy BF5 since they double downed on the SJW BS.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

Ok.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#6]
To some degree I feel we have to take the reports of physical copy sales being down with a grain of salt. I mean, we are living in the digital download era and nobody I know buys physical copies anymore. Now it is all about buying online and downloading. However I am seeing a huge amount of backlash for nearly every new game coming out right now (RDR2 excluded). Hopefully this is the year that begins the turnaround of the triple A game industry. They have been skidding into lazy and abusive game design mixed with snowflake demo pandering for years now, and the releases this christmas season are some of the worst I can remember in terms of quality in quite a while. Had RDR2 not come out this quarter would be one giant whiff for an industry that absolutely banks on this quarter for sales.

It would not shock me if there are more major failures in the coming year, which kicks off a new video game crash. These triple A developers can't keep milking their respective fanbases the way they are and not expect contraction, just like they can't keep expecting exponential profits year after year from increasingly usury microtransactions and other loot box crap. The ire is rising in the gaming community and at some point it will actually affect the industry... just a matter of time.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Played them all since 1942. Thought BF1 sucked and didn't buy BF5 since they double downed on the SJW BS.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

Ok.
View Quote
Yep. I bought BF1, hated it and have BF4 installed for when the urge to lay waste to people in an attack helo stikes me.

BF2 was best BF. They need to release it again in the new engine.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought BF5. I wasnt going to get it but my Son wanted it bad, and wouldnt quit.  It has some glitches Im sure they will be working on. Im seeing people blown through walls and ricocheted around. Lots of weird spawns into instant death.
The maps are cool and the new weapons are fun.
Honestly Im lost with all the new settings and achievements.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 3:46:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I bought BF5. I wasnt going to get it but my Son wanted it bad, and wouldnt quit. It has some glitches Im sure they will be working on. Im seeing people blown through walls and ricocheted around. Lots of weird spawns into instant death.
The maps are cool and the new weapons are fun.
Honestly Im lost with all the new settings and achievements.
View Quote
Early BF4....

However, now it's still a great game, only BF I play for the past 5 years now.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I game-share with my brother-in-law, so therefore I "have" BF5.

The SJW BS is pretty heavy, particularly in the storyline. Also, according to the game, all fighter/bomber pilots in WW2 were female.

Have been hitting multiplayer a lot with my usual crew, big issues (to me) include:

-getting shot behind COVER. Yes, apparently some rifles can shoot through concrete, boulders, and entire buildings!

-code issues causing inconsistencies in gun battles.

-people still spamming "C4", in this case, "sticky dynamite".

-having more female character options than male. Because, feminists won WW2, apparently.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#11]
EA really screwed the pooch on this one. Hopefully they learned a lesson but likely haven’t.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 4:12:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
To some degree I feel we have to take the reports of physical copy sales being down with a grain of salt. I mean, we are living in the digital download era and nobody I know buys physical copies anymore. Now it is all about buying online and downloading. However I am seeing a huge amount of backlash for nearly every new game coming out right now (RDR2 excluded). Hopefully this is the year that begins the turnaround of the triple A game industry. They have been skidding into lazy and abusive game design mixed with snowflake demo pandering for years now, and the releases this christmas season are some of the worst I can remember in terms of quality in quite a while. Had RDR2 not come out this quarter would be one giant whiff for an industry that absolutely banks on this quarter for sales.

It would not shock me if there are more major failures in the coming year, which kicks off a new video game crash. These triple A developers can't keep milking their respective fanbases the way they are and not expect contraction, just like they can't keep expecting exponential profits year after year from increasingly usury microtransactions and other loot box crap. The ire is rising in the gaming community and at some point it will actually affect the industry... just a matter of time.
View Quote
agreed. the AAA scene has been pretty bad for the last 5 years or so. there's been a few small exceptions, but overall, it's been a constant stream of regurgitated titles.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 8:31:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I got it for the hell of it. And yes it’s pretty broken. Inconsistent time til death, hit detection etc. a sniper can easily headshot me with one shot but 4-5 shots at someone’s head with my mg42 may or may not kill. Planes need work, and a fully modded spitfire or BF109 will kill in a second. The dogfighting in the game is terrible compared to previous BF titles, and isn’t really based on skill.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I member BF3 and 4 going pages in GD and in War Gaming in a very short amount of time of it's release. BF5 barely made a dimple here. RDR2 was so perfectly done and timed it pretty much took a shit on any chance of success that Bethseda, and EA could have had. Now with all the talk about bugs in both games, well, Rockstar is showing people how to make a proper game.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 1:46:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I am enjoying the game, although there are things that are extremely irritating.

My least favourite element is the design of some of the maps. They’re absolutely huge! Even the domination maps are large.

I don’t know if they are physically larger than in previous titles. It’s possible it’s just an illusion due to how they’re designed.

And the latency is sinful. Lag compensation? Bullets will follow you around solid cover.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:02:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I got it for the hell of it. And yes it’s pretty broken. Inconsistent time til death, hit detection etc. a sniper can easily headshot me with one shot but 4-5 shots at someone’s head with my mg42 may or may not kill. Planes need work, and a fully modded spitfire or BF109 will kill in a second. The dogfighting in the game is terrible compared to previous BF titles, and isn’t really based on skill.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 2:06:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Why did I buy this today.  It looks like it could have been made for last generation consoles.  The reviews really do it justice.  Battlefield 1 is 500% a better game.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I enjoyed the series up through BF4 but after that the series pretty much lost it's identity.  I think the earlier games were a product of their time and they aren't coming back.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I enjoyed the series up through BF4 but after that the series pretty much lost it's identity.  I think the earlier games were a product of their time and they aren't coming back.
View Quote
Exactly how I feel.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#20]
They started chasing the COD FPS game play with the Bad Company series.  Been down hill since.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fallout 76 isn't doing too well either IIRC.
View Quote
Fallout 76 was a lie like No Mans Sky.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Heres a dumb glitch I had.  Im laying in a small depression with some building rubble to my right front. Im covering a street. Somewhere down there is a sniper. I crawled into this spot and made sure I could get down below any fire.  I see the sniper. I start putting some G43 fire on him. He returns fire and suddenly I cant get below the fire anymore.
Im totally exposed above ground and boom, dead. I was in a depression and suddenly its gone.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Exactly how I feel.
View Quote
I thought Bf1 would be a return to form with single shot rifles making a comeback. Lee Enfields vs. Morin nagants.

Fighting over artilerry positions. Some crew served machine gun mechanic. Extremely slow large tanks.

lol nope.
Fast tanks. Everyone running around with “experimental” sub machine guns.

I saw one hour of gameplay and gave up on modern shooters. Mindless no skilled bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 4:33:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Is the game a SJW shit show like I've been hearing? If so, how?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Found this on FB.

Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:41:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Meh you get over it pretty quick.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:18:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty Much...   If that is the only reason you are not buying it you are missing out IMO

They let you pick your player in Multi player..  so not many woman or black people... are actually being used ..    I would love to know DICE internal data of how many people are actually playing an a woman or black man lol

Typical BF launch...  still a better launch than BF 3 or 4...

I Dont play single player so would not know...  The last single player i played was BF 3 just as far as i needed to to unlock the G3  and that was the only reason I did lol
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 4:41:23 AM EDT
[#28]
I had a black player in my squad, also seen plenty of female players. My Son told me when your in a plane or tank and you bail out it puts you into a female character. Not sure if it does that all the time or random.
Thats where all the damn screams are coming from.
I crashed a plane and my body flew out screaming. It was a female character.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#29]
I made the gigantic mistake of getting this for $14 the other day for PC through a key reseller.

2 days into it, and fully knowing the SJW bullshit ahead of time, the game is absolute garbage.

The way the game is designed, its just a full out spawn/zerg/spawn/zerg fest.

Most of the maps are just boring and forgettable. I think there are 8 (or maybe a few more?) and most are small maps that play the exact same way over and over.

Everyone runs at 50mph, 100% of the time. Overall gameplay is basically Call of Dutyesque.

Armor is basically useless and everyone has a ton of AT weapons by default. Overall the vehicle aspect of this game is just off; can't completely explain it but its like how the vehicles were to effect the overall game were just an afterthought.

The spawn system, especially the very short amount of time needed to die and spawn on squad just turns it into a spam fest where the ghetto tactic of just keep spawning over and over and over on squad ruins anything resembling actual strategic gameplay.

I was surprised at how few US servers had activity on them for a game that wasn't launched long ago. After about 2 days playing I uninstalled it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top