Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bet the kid antagonized it
View Quote

lol.  Found the apologist.

My kids “antagonize” my English Setter daily — they get plenty of kisses in return.

Shit breed for shit people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Or...or...maybe it’s a combination of “adopt don’t shop” nonsense, complete lack of knowledge about breeds and responsible breeding, savior complex, lack of gate keeping when it comes to the breed, and a type of dog that is generally energetic with a tendency toward dog aggression and high prey drive.

Nah, probably better to reduce a complex situation to oversimplified reactionary silliness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it came down to responsible owners, wouldn't the rate of attacks be roughly evenly distributed among all the breeds?

It's just some kind of crazy magic luck that all the bad owners own the same breed of lovable fur muffin. And, by a mechanism no one can really explain, 100% of Basset Hound owners are superb because mauling and death statistics on that breed are practically zero.

Crazy, huh?

Or...or...maybe it’s a combination of “adopt don’t shop” nonsense, complete lack of knowledge about breeds and responsible breeding, savior complex, lack of gate keeping when it comes to the breed, and a type of dog that is generally energetic with a tendency toward dog aggression and high prey drive.

Nah, probably better to reduce a complex situation to oversimplified reactionary silliness.

It isn't a bad idea to reduce the complex situation like this bc he is right - basset hounds and labs aren't getting out and killing people when their owner is irresponsible.

The probability of the attack is low overall, but the consequences of the attack are grave.

Ultimately, there's plenty of moral activities for a lab, a pointer, and a shepherd. I ask lab owners "Do you hunt him"? I want to ask pit owners "Do you fight him?".
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]

I don't know what I'd do if that happened to my child. The anguish the parents must be feeling right now is nightmarish.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Brave Pit Bull swims 2 miles offshore during storm to bite child in boat.

Brave Pit Bull runs into burning house to bite small child.

Brave Pit Bull jokes are the best.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't know what I'd do if that happened to my child. The anguish the parents must be feeling right now is nightmarish.
View Quote

I’m sure they’re more angry about they’re pit bull being put down than their kid being mauled  

There’s a reason why they put that dog before their child, and it’s not because they loved that child more.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

lol.  Found the apologist.

My kids "antagonize" my English Setter daily  they get plenty of kisses in return.

Shit breed for shit people.
View Quote
That last line is the type of opinion held by cunts.  Generally speaking of course.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m not inviting a 3rd party into my house with zero background knowledge of said party. Whether the party is human or animal. Just a no-brainer. Unfortunately, a lot of people out there actually have no brain. So there’s that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:47:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Or...or...maybe it's a combination of "adopt don't shop" nonsense, complete lack of knowledge about breeds and responsible breeding, savior complex, lack of gate keeping when it comes to the breed, and a type of dog that is generally energetic with a tendency toward dog aggression and high prey drive.

View Quote

So, dumb people make shit owners of a breed that's now a miserable mess of haphazard breeding by other shit owners.

Glad we've come to a meaningful consensus. Sometimes the reductive, simple answer really is the right one.

They did the same thing to Dalmations in the 60's, btw. Overpopulating based on Disney movie, terrible breeding practices, no one had ANY knowledge or appreciation of the insane energy levels and difficult training of a Dal, but what kept children from being torn apart is dalmations are not as strong, with less aggression, and don't have an accentuation kill bite over the other prey instincts. Wrecked the breed for generations, too.

Dumb people make messes of things. Shit dogs + dumb people make for bites and maulings. Shit dogs with terrier tenacity and hyena jaws makes for dead kids.

There's no defense for any of it. Shit people make excuses.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Kids don't have to antagonize a dog to be attacked. Have twice seen a dog attack playing children that were no were near the animal. One was  a large poodle and the other a sheperd. both time they ran up to the kids and started jumping and lunging for the face.  Have seen ordinary neighborhood dogs get out and group up an attack people walking down the road.

Lived in a small town once and a pack of dogs came through the residential neighborhood just looking for something to attack. Decent size dog came out of a yard looking to join the pack but they decided he didn't fit in so they attacked that dog and bit one of his back legs off. If there had been any kids out no telling what may have happened because when I called the local police about the dog pack in the neighborhood all I got was 'people around here handle dog problems themselves".
View Quote
I guess you are now clear to handle other problems yourself.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Look at this kid antagonizing this sweet fur baby. See how she's enjoying life and breathing air?

Fuck, that's practically begging the dog to maul her.

Thankfully, the owner is a responsible cat owner, and keeps the feline at the ready.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Again: Why is it almost always white women defending this trash?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It’s an offshoot of critical race theory and stuff like that, they swallow that garbage the hardest. It’s believing that reality is not reality, that everything is a construct, and pitbulls are just maligned become of the patriarchy and racism. “I will show you how much better I am by not believing or accepting your lies!!”
They get to check out on having any qualities or talents, developing real character and personality by virtue signaling. They also are so sheltered from life now that they get to believe these lies until it’s to late. It sounds fucked up but it’s true.

See also, fake lesbians, fake trans “men”, poorly thought out interracial dating with a low likelihood of a long term commitment, ect. The list is endless, but that’s what it is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:52:52 PM EDT
[#13]
A dog breed I will never trust.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:55:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
“Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982,” a 2014 TIME magazine article said
View Quote

A couple weeks ago I went with someone to an animal shelter for dogs, they may make up 6% of the dog population but I found it eye opening that out of the 100 or so dogs in that place I only saw 3 maybe 4 dogs that were not Pit Bulls and Pit Bull mixes, there is a reason they are getting abandoned as much as they do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:56:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck anyone who let's a pit near their kids.  They may have bred out most of the fight but some will always be there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 7:56:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That last line is the type of opinion held by cunts.  Generally speaking of course.
View Quote

The truth.  It’s a mother fucker.

Best regards,
Your favorite cunt
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#17]
That’s awful. Mom will suffer for the rest of her life for that mistake.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#18]
In my experience, everyone I know that owns a pit bull is either dumb as rocks, a piece of shit, or both.

I'm talking about MY experience.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Eh, I don’t like dogs - pit bulls, labs, chihuahua. All equally unwelcome to me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Look at this kid antagonizing this sweet fur baby. See how she's enjoying life and breathing air?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/13/0d/db130d7b5e1d2fd30285485a0199f900.gif

Thankfully, the owner is a responsible cat owner, and keeps the feline at the ready.
View Quote

Nice!!! Cat cucked that dog...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

What the fuck.

Every one of those dogs, including the sire and bitch should be put down. End the bloodline. Its broken.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What the fuck.

Every one of those dogs, including the sire and bitch should be put down. End the bloodline. Its broken.

Rational people would think like that, but there are shitty breeders out there who care only about $$$ who are specifically propagating that line or lines with similar traits for aggression and fighting.  This is why you play with fire when you pull a random pit out of a shelter.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:46:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been running for 20 yrs and I carry my pistol every day because the only dogs that have tried to attack me are pit bulls. As a dog lover they are the only Canine breed that I fucking hate .
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Rational people would think like that, but there are shitty breeders out there who care only about $$$ who are specifically propagating that line or lines with similar traits for aggression and fighting.  This is why you play with fire when you pull a random pit out of a shelter.
View Quote

Apparently the big money is in pure black pits because of their rarity, they can go for as much as $20,000
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Apparently the big money is in pure black pits because of their rarity, they can go for as much as $20,000
View Quote

So, white trash with money or ghetto thugs with money.  Go figure.  It’s not like either have a sound history of making astute financial decisions.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Stupid fucking Karen strikes again. Poor kid.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/13/0d/db130d7b5e1d2fd30285485a0199f900.gif

View Quote

I loathe cats, but I would deal with my allergies and give that cat the best of everything.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
inb4 inanimate object herp derp

pitbulls don't come out of the woods and eat kids, every single instance of a pitbull harming a human I have ever seen posted on this site is the direct result of another human's bad decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Handguns and "assault rifles" account for nearly all gun deaths world wide. Does that logic follow.

The death was tragic. The breed can have issues. I'm not denying that. Saying anyone who owns one is trash is ignorant and inflammatory.

Do we call for gun buy backs when a kid accidentally shoots himself or a friend with dads revolver? Guns have to be stored properly, kids have to be taught, owners have to be responsible.

I'm not trying to kick the hornets nest but the rhetoric here is tantamount to how the left generalizes gun owners and certain types of guns/ammo. IE Substitute extremist for trash. I'm surprised is all.

inb4 inanimate object herp derp

pitbulls don't come out of the woods and eat kids, every single instance of a pitbull harming a human I have ever seen posted on this site is the direct result of another human's bad decision.

Yeah, the bad decision was not drowning the pitbull as a puppy
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Best regards,
Your favorite cunt
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best regards,
Your favorite cunt

Pits are a trash breed for trash people.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I loathe cats, but I would deal with my allergies and give that cat the best of everything.
View Quote

I'd legit give that cat its own room, with a flowing water fountain, robo-shit cleany box, jungle gyms, aroma therapy, and all the Fancy Feline I could fit into its personal mini-fridge. That cat's a fucking legend.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#32]
This thread is cum on a mustache.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Ya know what's funny, when PB owners chime in and say their Pit hasn't mauled anybody.. Like it's a badge of honor

More Pit memes please !
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Ooooh another cringey GD pitbull hate thread?

IN!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#35]
She let a strange unrestrained abandoned dog in her home?

Would anyone here do that with any breed under those circumstances?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This thread is cum on a mustache.
View Quote

You're the expert.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Now you have moved the goal posts to trained police dogs.  You have taken stupid to a new level.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are police dogs a tool of their handler or allowed to operate freely? I’d argue they are a tool the same as the officers sidearm.

Breeds have genetic drives that can be harnessed, suppressed and controlled and each animal will exhibit more or less of the stereotypical breed characteristics. In my original post I acknowledged pit bulls can have issues. I do think they can be good dogs too. Along with chows, Akita’s, Dobies, Rotties and a whole list of other. Labs they are not.

Guns shouldn’t face more regulation but dogs should? The government can’t take my AR15 but they should round up and kill all pit bulls?

Owning a pit Bull doesn’t make you trash. As with anything it is a choice. And not one that government or others should be making for other people.

Dog owners better know what they can handle and what they have on hand and act accordingly. I’m not a humane society nut who thinks all dogs deserve a chance. Bad dogs need to be put down. Unwanted dogs are a burden on society. Advocating breed extermination or calling me retarded trash for owning a pit Bull is a pretty hard stance.

Now you have moved the goal posts to trained police dogs.  You have taken stupid to a new level.

A friend was bitten by a German shepherd police dog. Just waking in his neighborhood.  The dog left the off duty officers property, went over 200 ft to the person walking, circled him and bit him in the ass leaving a 6 gash. Ignored the cop.

Well trained animal, no doubt.

I’ve been bitten. By a corgi, a chihuahua and a German shepherd. Twice.

Btw

Is there an AKC registered pit bull breed?

Is an AmStaff a pit bull.? By what definition?

I own one. For almost 5 years. Since weening.

My grandsons bother him, he gets up and leaves the room.  

The other AmStaff owner I know has had there dog for eight years.  Damn dog is afraid of their cat.

I get it. But I don’t get the bigotry.

My dog is neutered. He gets an hour at least outside every day. He’s a gentleman on the leash as well. And playing ball with the kids. He ignores my neighbors three free roaming dogs, a boxer, a lab, and a golden.
Dog parks no problem. Except the one asshole dykes unneutred Great Dane that was chesting all the other dogs and sniffing up the females. My dog ignored him and played, until the 3-4th time the Dane tried to roll him over.

That Dane was on his back in a second with my terrier on his neck. He released in command and went back to playing while I almost decked the Danes owner as she came after me. The rest of the owners, with spayed and neutered dogs ran her dumb ass off.

Owners and training matters

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Double feed
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Bro has to extend jaw as he has no chin.  Overcompensating for little boy chin with his land shark.

“Look at me!  I’m tough”.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
According to the Hampton County Sheriff's Office, a 6-year-old boy was attacked by a pit bull in Brunson, South Carolina around 2 p.m. Wednesday.

In the video, she said that her son was attacked by a pitbull that had been abandoned and she was trying to find a home for.

View Quote

You do not leave a 6 year old around a strange dog, regardless of if it's a pitbull, husky, dalmatian, spaniel, or any other breed you choose to put in.

That goes triple if it's a starving abandoned dog you think someone dumped.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You're the expert.
View Quote

Quality retort. You’re doing great.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
what's a quality retort to "cum on a mustache?"
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:34:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're the expert.

I wasn't retorting bro I was backing up your credentials.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

“Pit bulls make up only 6% of the dog population, but they’re responsible for 68% of dog attacks and 52% of dog-related deaths since 1982,” a 2014 TIME magazine article said.

However, pit bull supporters feel the dogs are judged unfairly by society.
View Quote

hmm...  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:46:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So you're telling me they are a minority that is responsible for a majority of homicides, a disproportionate amount?
View Quote

What you did there, I see it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Bro has to extend jaw as he has no chin.  Overcompensating for little boy chin with his land shark.

“Look at me!  I’m tough”.
View Quote

Lol. Ok
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:01:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That’s awful. Mom will suffer for the rest of her life for that mistake.

View Quote

I will bet, losing the dog will bother her more than losing her kid,
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Deleted.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top