BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So the kid did what kids do and the rescue pit bull did what rescue pit bulls do.

Case closed, gentlemen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet the kid antagonized it

So the kid did what kids do and the rescue pit bull did what rescue pit bulls do.

Case closed, gentlemen.

If the kid would have shown the doggy that it was below him in the pack hierarchy, it wouldn’t have happened
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So you're telling me they are a minority that is responsible for a majority of homicides, a disproportionate amount?
View Quote

It’s because animal control is harassing them more than the poodles
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

All the way up the line they keep beating that same tune.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It really boils down to being responsible owners,” American Pit Bull Foundation founder Sara Enos told TIME Magazine. “Any dog from any breed can be aggressive, it matters how it’s treated.”

Guess the child was an irresponsible owner.

All the way up the line they keep beating that same tune.

Screen name?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's the kicker-"attacked by a pitbull that had been abandoned"
So, her kid was attacked by a stray dog, of unknown temperament, that was abandoned, and they tried to rescue it.
Pit Bulldogs are aggressive animals, if you are not experienced with large aggressive breeds, stay away from them!
Most of the bad stories you read about pitbulls is about people who acted like idiots around them, they normally don't attack unprovoked.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
The article has the pit bull photo equivalent of a Mike Brown graduation photo.

Pit bulls are shit gier ghetto trash dogs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]

There's something wrong with those dogs, that is not normal dog behavior!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Well it shouldn’t need to eat for 2 weeks now
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuck all pit bulls.

Shoot first. Ask no questions ever. Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Trash Breed for Trash People.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you're telling me they are a minority that is responsible for a majority of homicides, a disproportionate amount?

That's right. They constantly shoot to kill while they let labs and retrievers go free.

RESIST! PIT LIVES MATTER!!! PLM!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:51:24 PM EDT
[#13]

What the fuck.

Every one of those dogs, including the sire and bitch should be put down. End the bloodline. Its broken.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:53:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Same reason single white women bring in violent felons.  Because they're dumb and attracted to violence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why on earth would you bring a stray Pitbull into your home with a child?

Same reason single white women bring in violent felons.  Because they're dumb and attracted to violence.

they have been sheltered from reality and thus believe life is a Disney movie, where the animals are all sweet and the brutish men just need some positive attention to become loving and peaceful.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

which is why many people wont have a pitbull as a pet. when they go bad, it usually ends HORRIFICALLY. as they are very powerful dogs.

according to arfcoms pitbull lovers.. pitbulls are always tempered like a beagle. probably JUST a misunderstanding.    she should give the dog the benefit of the doubt and keep it and have another baby. probably work out great as a family pet the second time around.

seriously though.. fuck pitbulls.

this is terrible and tragic though.
View Quote

And beagles are actually a shitty breed so obsessed with food and smells that they'll injure children getting in the way of them getting their gorge on
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

What the fuck.

Every one of those dogs, including the sire and bitch should be put down. End the bloodline. Its broken.
View Quote

The only thing broken here is that grown adults with access to all the statistical data they need to make informed decisions, believe put bulls are just like regular dogs. The creatures in the picture are doing what they are supposed to do. They were designed to be aggressive and violent.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Most of the bad stories you read about pitbulls is about people who acted like idiots around them, they normally don't attack unprovoked.
View Quote

So how did the kid provoke this dog, theoretically? How does a six month old in a crib provoke a pit? How does the 80 year old woman going for a walk provoke a pit?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Who's ever heard of a pitbull attacking a kid?  

Sorry for that kid being the victim of parental stupidity.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:58:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here's the kicker-"attacked by a pitbull that had been abandoned"
So, her kid was attacked by a stray dog, of unknown temperament, that was abandoned, and they tried to rescue it.
Pit Bulldogs are aggressive animals, if you are not experienced with large aggressive breeds, stay away from them!
View Quote

A balloon popping at a kids party can cause a pitbull to enter rage mode

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#20]
I love dogs

As a parent you have one job, look after you kids.

Would I rescue and help a dog. Damn right I would and have done.

But it would in now way have access to my kids.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Had a bird dog.  From when he was a pup he only thing he cared about was birds.

My GSDs always wanted to shepherd my kids around.

What do pits like to do?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Terrible!  

Pitbulls are useless, piece of shit dogs for trash people.

View Quote

This is the post I was looking for.  

Succinct.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What do pits like to do?
View Quote

Mostly snuggle with their owner on the couch, in my personal experience.

I sure love being called ghetto trash though!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Took one of our GSD's to the vet this morning to get a cut on her leg looked at. While we were there we hear a bunch of growling from the room next to us then a lot of screaming.
Pit bull turned on the vet tech that was in the room and mauled him.
Ambulance and a firetruck came pretty quickly. The firehouse was only about 500-600 yards away.
When we left, we could see into the room the vet tech and shit bull were in. There was quite a bit of blood.
Hope the guy is all right.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:07:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Took one of our GSD's to the vet this morning to get a cut on her leg looked at. While we were there we hear a bunch of growling from the room next to us then a lot of screaming.
Pit bull turned on the vet tech that was in the room and mauled him.
Ambulance and a firetruck came pretty quickly. The firehouse was only about 500-600 yards away.
When we left, we could see into the room the vet tech and shit bull were in. There was quite a bit of blood.
Hope the guy is all right.
View Quote

He probably provoked the dog somehow. Not the pits fault!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do pits like to do?

My exact experience too.   Huh...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

The type of person to own a pit bull would definitely take pride in being called trash.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#29]
shit breed
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I bet the kid antagonized it
View Quote

My kids antagonize my dogs all the time, sometimes they get nipped for it. What they don’t get, is their throats ripped out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do pits like to do?

Overall, females are shorter than males. That doesn't mean that female = short or that there are NO tall women.  But it does mean that there is a much much higher chance of a female being shorter than a male.

Nobody should be surprised when statistical probability turns out to be correct again and again. Like clock work. Try not to be offended by people observing, observable facts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

ODA loop.  By the time they realized what was happening, accepted that the dog was mauling their kid, decided what they needed to do and started to act - it was over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why didn't mom or dad attack the fucking dog?

ODA loop.  By the time they realized what was happening, accepted that the dog was mauling their kid, decided what they needed to do and started to act - it was over.

A pit could kill a small child pretty quickly.   If there was a man in the house, the pit shouldn't have been alive by the time the police got there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:17:46 PM EDT
[#33]
You all know how I feel about pit bulls

Really sucks to read shit like this, I got very lucky
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
An abandoned pit bull should be a big fucking clue. Sorry the little guy had fucking idiots for parents.
View Quote

@CAsoldier that avatar is great.

I feel really bad for the kid. Definitely a painful death.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The type of person to own a pit bull would definitely take pride in being called trash.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You may want to calibrate you sarcasm meter.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

A pit could kill a small child pretty quickly.   If there was a man in the house, the pit shouldn't have been alive by the time the police got there.
View Quote
If there was an adult in the house, the dog shouldn't have had access to the child to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#38]
I love pits and am a constant defender in the bashing threads. Owned an amstaff for 15.5 years and loved her to death. Fostering an unknown abandoned pit bull with kids in the house is fucking retarded. It does come down to responsible owners. In this case the original owner isn’t known and with a dog like this that’s a big X factor you don’t want to risk.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Overall, females are shorter than males. That doesn't mean that female = short or that there are NO tall women.  But it does mean that there is a much much higher chance of a female being shorter than a male.

Nobody should be surprised when statistical probability turns out to be correct again and again. Like clock work. Try not to be offended by people observing, observable facts.
View Quote

The statistical probability of a pit bull breed attack is still remarkably low....you being such a sharp witted lover of mathematics surely knows that. But heck if we're aiming for zero attacks I agree! We also need to ban rottweilers, german Shepards and huskies to name a few.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#40]
The pitbull breed should be made extinct.

Pretend all cars were self-driving.

Now imagine that one specific model that accounted for 6% of all models on the road, was responsible for 82% of deaths because THE FUCKING CAR WOULD PURPOSELY ATTEMPT TO KILL ITS PASSENGERS...

Do you think we would still buy that model?

At this point in my life, given where I live, I feel like I am going to be more likely to need to use my CCW to defend myself/others from this shit-breed than from any meth tweaker.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Damn. The absolute terror that poor kid went through.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The pitbull breed should be made extinct.

Pretend all cars were self-driving.

Now imagine that one specific model that accounted for 6% of all models on the road, was responsible for 82% of deaths because THE FUCKING CAR WOULD PURPOSELY ATTEMPT TO KILL ITS PASSENGERS...

Do you think we would still but that model?

At this point in my life, given where I live, I feel like I am going to be more likely to need to use my CCW to defend myself/others from this shit-breed than from any meth tweaker.
View Quote

For a forum full of self described manly men you guys sure are cowards lol. Need muh ccw in case a dog gets too close....what are you, a cop?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Pibbles gonna pibble
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The statistical probability of a pit bull breed attack is still remarkably low....you being such a sharp witted lover of mathematics surely knows that. But heck if we're aiming for zero attacks I agree! We also need to ban rottweilers, german Shepards and huskies to name a few.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would add chows to the list. I have known of 3, and they were all a bit bity.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I would add chows to the list. I have known of 3, and they were all a bit bity.
View Quote

Haha honestly if there is one breed I'd want to be put down forever it would be chows. Mean fuckers, never met a nice one
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I thought 9mm was the go to.
View Quote

Last dog to bite me consumed a .45ACP HST right through the boiler room.

Fell over and was dead in 30 seconds. Owner cried and offered to pay for my ER visit, but the job took care of that.

I blame the asshole who let the dog out while the owner was at work.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:44:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Where are the pics of members children snuggling with their pits?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Handguns and “assault rifles” account for nearly all gun deaths world wide. Does that logic follow.

The death was tragic. The breed can have issues. I’m not denying that. Saying anyone who owns one is trash is ignorant and inflammatory.

Do we call for gun buy backs when a kid accidentally shoots himself or a friend with dads revolver? Guns have to be stored properly, kids have to be taught, owners have to be responsible.

I’m not trying to kick the hornets nest but the rhetoric here is tantamount to how the left generalizes gun owners and certain types of guns/ammo. IE Substitute extremist for trash. I’m surprised is all.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Handguns and "assault rifles" account for nearly all gun deaths world wide. Does that logic follow.

The death was tragic. The breed can have issues. I'm not denying that. Saying anyone who owns one is trash is ignorant and inflammatory.

Do we call for gun buy backs when a kid accidentally shoots himself or a friend with dads revolver? Guns have to be stored properly, kids have to be taught, owners have to be responsible.

I'm not trying to kick the hornets nest but the rhetoric here is tantamount to how the left generalizes gun owners and certain types of guns/ammo. IE Substitute extremist for trash. I'm surprised is all.

View Quote
inb4 inanimate object herp derp

pitbulls don't come out of the woods and eat kids, every single instance of a pitbull harming a human I have ever seen posted on this site is the direct result of another human's bad decision.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:53:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not defending these ghetto rats dogs,but all dogs can be unpredictable.  My Siberian Husky , last year, was with me while i was in my cul de sac. He was on a leash, regular one, not the dimb ass ones that reel out 100 ft of leash..

My neighbor walked by with his dog, these dogs were play mates for 10 years btw, and my Husky just grabbed it by the neck and took him down to the ground in seconds...neither of us could interviene and save the other dog, mine simply took the beating and held on until he knew the dog was dead.

That was a fun Saturday morning..
View Quote

Probability and possibility are two entirely different things.

It's possible that any breed of dog can get violent and harm someone.  It's probable that the breed of the dog in question is going to be from a handful of breeds which are prone to aggressive behavior.

The world of "possible" is an absolutely free for all with little actionable information.  The world of "probable" is chock full of highly actionable information.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top