Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I still don't get GD's hate for the Maddie character/actress.

She's not that bad.  She plays a 20 something trying to figure out what to do with her life.  She's not 'wooden' or 'capable of one emotion', and she doesn't need acting classes.

The show is awesome, currently binging the hell out of it.
View Quote

lol, agreed.

But remember, there's probably about a quarter of the regular posters in GD who literally hate everything.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:46:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

lol, agreed.

But remember, there's probably about a quarter of the regular posters in GD who literally hate everything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's not that bad.  She plays a 20 something trying to figure out what to do with her life.  She's not 'wooden' or 'capable of one emotion', and she doesn't need acting classes.

lol, agreed.

25% seems really low
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I wonder if the eathquake was the production's way to "write out" the hillside house Harry has. I read that after Season 1 of Bosch the house interiors were recreated on a set and that the current owners are not happy about all of the attention the house gets from fans.

Also, maybe I missed it but was there explanation given on

1. Backstory of this Asian colleague of Harry

2. Backstory of the Black Chick that did some jobs with Harry

3. Why Honey Left her own law firm to work for someone else
View Quote

Maybe there was a desire to move on from the Hillside House, but it being damaged by an earthquake was in one of the books IIRC.  I think it was an ongoing thing with Harry ripping off the condemned notices,

As to the new characters:

1. No

2. No

3.  I'm assuming with her long recovery after being shot, Honey couldn't really keep serving her clients, so she closed her main business.  This is must my impression, I don't remember it being explained.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

they were sloppy with that murder at the station. Cameras everywhere. The guy working there turned the pump on. Then they left the body. Totally not believeable,.
View Quote

Pretty sure they owned that station, and the body was left as a message.  Cops will never see it though.

ETA: After the first episode, I just automatically fast-forward though the Maddie solo stuff.  Don't care.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Maybe there was a desire to move on from the Hillside House, but it being damaged by an earthquake was in one of the books IIRC.  I think it was an ongoing thing with Harry ripping off the condemned notices,

1. No

2. No

3.  I'm assuming with her long recovery after being shot, Honey couldn't really keep serving her clients, so she closed her main business.  This is must my impression, I don't remember it being explained.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if the eathquake was the production's way to "write out" the hillside house Harry has. I read that after Season 1 of Bosch the house interiors were recreated on a set and that the current owners are not happy about all of the attention the house gets from fans.

1. No

2. No

I thought she was working for a big firm when she got shot.  Remember the guy from SoA that was her PI?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's why I'm here.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

25% seems really low
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, agreed.

25% seems really low

I'm an engineer so my default is very conservative estimates
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Crate and Barrel are in episode 4.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I thought she was working for a big firm when she got shot.  Remember the guy from SoA that was her PI?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. No

2. No

I would have said she was a partner in a big law firm.  

I was surprised to see she now has a family.  I always assumed she was a cast iron bitch, and not exactly the mothering type,
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:00:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought Bosch was finished! Cool to see it still going.

Anyone know when episode 5 airs?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
new episode every friday
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, agreed.

25% seems really low

Probably 40% hate everything and another 45% hate many things with a passion and the rest of us are just trolling those two groups
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I was surprised to see she now has a family.  I always assumed she was a cast iron bitch, and not exactly the mothering type,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. No

2. No

I thought that was her girlfriend or something I didn't quite understand that.  I thought she was partner-esq or hired killer type for a big firm.  

I'm glad they brought her back, and I love her angry spark
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

2 episodes every Friday till the end of May for 1st season
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
that right! I rofgot about that. It's been several years since I read that.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes the house was heavily damaged and condemned in the books. There's some more to the story of the house in the books as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Somebody didn't pay attention.  I can think of at least two times he had a gun in the first two episodes alone.  He took it off to go in the house and steal the heirlooms back for his friends daughter.  When asked by the Asian side kick why, his response was,  "I didn't want to get a 3 year enhancement for breaking and entering."

When he went to see the billionaire Vance, he took it off at the door when his security met him and put it back on when he left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Caught the 1st 4 episodes its descent. He has not carried his 1911 or anything else for that matter so far.

Somebody didn't pay attention.  I can think of at least two times he had a gun in the first two episodes alone.  He took it off to go in the house and steal the heirlooms back for his friends daughter.  When asked by the Asian side kick why, his response was,  "I didn't want to get a 3 year enhancement for breaking and entering."

When he went to see the billionaire Vance, he took it off at the door when his security met him and put it back on when he left.

I recall the gun in the glove box. Did not see him put a gun by the metal detector, oh well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:11:08 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

So edgy.  

Quoted:

lol, agreed.

That and a rush to criticize anything remotely female that's not A: in the kitchen or B: mostly nude or having sex.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Disappointed after two episodes. Taking too long to get to any action and the daughter is in it way too much for my taste. The best and most realistic part was the earthquake. I've been through worse but that is how they be like.
View Quote

This. I’m okay with the character and actress but they spend way too much time on her LARPing as a cop.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Is this about his daughter too???
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
What's this Freevee BS?  Am I about to see commercials??
View Quote

Yes, but they are short and only one per break. I was pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So edgy.  

That and a rush to criticize anything remotely female that's not A: in the kitchen or B: mostly nude or having sex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

So edgy.  

Quoted:

lol, agreed.

How about none of the above? She just has flat delivery and displays only one emotion convincingly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:30:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

How about none of the above? She just has flat delivery and displays only one emotion convincingly.
View Quote

Yeah, I don't see it.  She's fine as an actress.   This smacks of bandwagon hating vs a legitimate complaint.

Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yeah, I don't see it.  She's fine as an actress.   This smacks of bandwagon hating vs a legitimate complaint.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe it's the script writers or the director. Titus Welliver seems a bit off as well. Much better performances in The Town and Gone Baby Gone.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Maybe it's the script writers or the director. Titus Welliver seems a bit off as well. Much better performances in The Town and Gone Baby Gone.
View Quote

It's possible...  it's only 4 episodes in.  

I preferred him as a detective, I won't lie.  This PI thing doesn't resonate as well.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Awesome series. Will be watching tonight!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 9:52:48 PM EDT
[#27]
For being such an upstanding detective, he sure has no problem with illegal surveillance and false identification as a cop.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:19:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
For being such an upstanding detective, he sure has no problem with illegal surveillance and false identification as a cop.
View Quote

He’s not an upstanding detective.  

Bosch is a very skilled and driven detective, but has no problem playing fast and loose with the rules.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#29]
New episodes dropped.

Well, that was disappointing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did you watch the original series?  SPOILER He never had a problem doing illegal surveillance and off the book work once he was convinced that xxxxxxxxxxx was the bad guy and needed to be brought down.  To include disobeying his bosses and Chief Irv Irving's direct orders.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:59:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
New episodes dropped.

View Quote

ANFO now comes in bricks that look a lot like angry silly putty.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New episodes dropped.

I prefer the term “adult play-doh”
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#33]
O
Quoted:

Did you watch the original series?  SPOILER He never had a problem doing illegal surveillance and off the book work once he was convinced that xxxxxxxxxxx was the bad guy and needed to be brought down.  To include disobeying his bosses and Chief Irv Irving's direct orders.
View Quote

original series was almost as boring as this one.  Why all the fresh tattoos?  Little old for that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
O
original series was almost as boring as this one.  Why all the fresh tattoos?  Little old for that.
View Quote
I am waiting for the season to finish before watching, but all of his previous tats were not makeup but IRL his; he may have got more.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#35]
In the shooting scene, was I the only one to notice?

Click To View Spoiler

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
New episodes dropped.

Angry play-doh

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Kharn
View Quote

I didn't notice that but it makes the scene make more sense
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#38]
The writing and direction just keeps getting worse.
Chandler is taking overacting to new levels.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
new episode every friday
View All Quotes
Quoted:
new episode every friday

Quoted:

2 episodes every Friday till the end of May for 1st season

Thank you both, I finished up the last episodes last night.

Anyone else hate the new intro song? Old intro is best intro:

Bosch Main Title | Amazon Originals | Can't Let Go
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:21:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
the fob bugged the shit out of me too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#41]
It was great to see Jerry Edgar back. Those guys made a great team and I think that's what's missing from this series.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:44:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Kharn
View Quote

Nice catch!
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Key fobs constantly transmit.
If you have keyless entry and/or keyless ignition, then the key fob is constantly transmitting a code and then changes its code after an interaction with the car receiver.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Key fobs constantly transmit.
If you have keyless entry and/or keyless ignition, then the key fob is constantly transmitting a code and then changes its code after an interaction with the car receiver.
View Quote

Right. So that’s a great solution for a bomb trigger? The guy literally is standing right over the bomb with it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Right. So that’s a great solution for a bomb trigger? The guy literally is standing right over the bomb with it.
View Quote

Different signals for each function.  Otherwise your windows roll, down, doors unlock, trunk opens, car starts and horn goes off everytime you get near it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:25:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Bosch isn't upstanding lol. He's always breaking in illegally, stealing shit and lying. In one of the books when he hits his sergeant he's suspended so he steals his sergeant's badge to keep investigating while suspended and he impersonates his sergeant.

The bad guys kidnap, torture and kill the sergeant because they confuse him with Bosch.Bosch ends up killing the bad guys and just never says anything about why the sergeant was killed
View Quote

He sure acts, like when testifying about the mental guys interview.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bosch isn't upstanding lol. He's always breaking in illegally, stealing shit and lying. In one of the books when he hits his sergeant he's suspended so he steals his sergeant's badge to keep investigating while suspended and he impersonates his sergeant.

The bad guys kidnap, torture and kill the sergeant because they confuse him with Bosch.Bosch ends up killing the bad guys and just never says anything about why the sergeant was killed

Parallel construction. Find the perp, then get him legally.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Been enjoying it so far. Just some good, solid entertainment without THE MESSAGE.

Watching ep 5 now. Bosch and Lewis both served in the Delta Quadrant on the same ship.

Quoted:
Miss J Edgar
View Quote

He's busy being a cop in Baltimore.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top