Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/27/2022 3:24:53 PM EDT
After giving conflicting information regarding the events surrounding the deadly Robb elementary school shooting, Texas Department of Public Safety officials provided a new timeline.

DPS officials said after Salvador Ramos shot his grandmother, he took off in her pick-up truck and crashed at 11:28 am.

Investigators said Ramos then fired shots at two bystanders in a nearby parking lot before entering the school at 11:40 am. DPS Director Steve McCraw initially stated Ramos was confronted by a school resource officer, but Thursday, DPS Regional Commander Victor Escalon said there was no confrontation and no resource officer was at the school at the time Ramos arrived.

Escalon said Ramos entered the school through an unlocked door. DPS officials said at 11:44 am officers entered the school and came under heavy gunfire from Ramos.

Several officers sustained injuries and began calling for additional resources.

Escalon said Ramos was killed approximately an hour later when a tactical team, led by a Border Patrol agent, breached a classroom and shot him.

Sources close to this investigation tell KPRC 2 Investigates the Border Patrol agent who is credited with stopping Ramos was eating lunch at the Mill Creek Café in the town of Leakey when he heard the call go out over his radio. Sources tell KPRC 2 even though the agent was not in uniform, he didn’t hesitate to jump into his vehicle and drive 40 miles to Robb elementary. We are told the agent is a member of Border Patrol’s tactical team known as BORTAC.

The Border Patrol agent was wounded during the shooting when a bullet grazed the top of his head, according to sources. Pictures posted to social media showed staples were needed to close the wound.

Parents of students at the school began questioning police officers’ initial response to the shootings. Videos began surfacing on Wednesday showing parents confronting and pleading with officers to go into the school while the shootings were taking place.

“They kind of hesitated for quite a bit, like, I say 15-20 minutes,” said Bob Estrada.

Estrada lives across the street from Robb Elementary School and has a grandson in the 2nd grade.

“They ran only up so far and kind of stood there, like, you know, waiting for somebody else to get there,” said Estrada.

Estrada’s grandson was not hurt and told his family he and his class were coming back from lunch when they heard several gunshots. Laura Bell Castanon lost her niece, Annabelle Rodriguez, during the shooting.

“I think they could have prevented and maybe saved some lives while the kids were still, you know.. after it happened it,” she said while visiting a memorial set-up in front of the school.

DPS officials said they understood the questions coming from parents, but defended the actions of the officers who first responded to the shooting.

“Officers received gunfire, they don’t make entry initially because of the gunfire they’re receiving. But we have officers calling for additional resources. Everybody that’s in the area of tactical teams. ‘We need equipment, we need special equipment, we need body armor, we need precision rifleman, negotiators,” said Escalon. “So during this time, that they’re making those calls to bring in help to solve this problem and stop it immediately. They’re also evacuating personnel, let’s say personnel, students, teachers.”

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/05/27/border-patrol-agent-drove-40-miles-to-respond-to-mass-shooting-at-uvalde-elementary-school-sources-say/
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Cowards
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#4]
So, the guy who had the balls to end it rather than stand around while more kids died drove for half an hour or more to get there while the more local cowards with badges stood around listening to kids being executed?  I guess that mostly-Hispanic town should show BP some appreciation from now on, along with our sleazeball democrat politicians.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Top 5 most respected positions...  
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow! The BP Agent…Wow!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Bullshit excuse

“But they took fire….”

And yes….I’m trained in it and trained it. 10yrs.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Where is the member who, in another thread, said that the BP officer went in right behind Ramos and shot Ramos within minutes because that is what his brother who is friends with all the BP guys in that town told him?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bullshit excuse

"But they took fire."

And yes.I'm trained in it and trained it. 10yrs.
View Quote
Yeah, so we're innocent, unarmed kids.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Love to see the same hero mentality in the vein of "Let's Roll" that stopped a plane from being flown into the White House 21  years ago.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#11]
That border agent is a fucking BOSS as far as I’m concerned.To respond from 40 miles away and get there and take control of the situation and dead that piece of shit is gangster.He made those cops on scene look completely useless.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah, so we're innocent, unarmed kids.
View Quote

More than a few of whom were wounded and a few were bleeding out and died.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I would have taken 10 bullets to save one of those kids. And I’m damn sure there would have been more behind me to save the rest.

Fucking cowards. LARPING cowards.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:04:14 PM EDT
[#14]
That’s all sorts of fucked up….Bless that BORTEC officer, I hope he can retire easily and live long.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:04:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where is the member who, in another thread, said that the BP officer went in right behind Ramos and shot Ramos within minutes because that is what his brother who is friends with all the BP guys in that town told him?
View Quote

The bullshitters always disappear when the truth come out. Bunch of posters insulting anyone that criticized the police response this morning. I wonder how many will come back and admit they were mistaken and apologize to the people they discussed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:07:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That border agent is a fucking BOSS as far as I’m concerned.To respond from 40 miles away and get there and take control of the situation and dead that piece of shit is gangster.He made those cops on scene look completely useless.
View Quote

Exactly, probably rolled up and was SHOCKED that these MFA's were still standing around...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#17]
wow
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess even the cowards are bigger in Texas
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I hope the cowards who stood idle lose sleep over this for every last day of their miserable existences.

The BP agent has my absolute respect.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Yikes.

I can't relate to either side, as I'm not a LEO and I've not lost a loved one in an MCI.

However things like this only further my resolve that no one will be coming to save you or your loved ones.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:28:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That border agent is a fucking BOSS as far as I'm concerned.To respond from 40 miles away and get there and take control of the situation and dead that piece of shit is gangster.He made those cops on scene look completely useless.
View Quote
That's because the only thing they were useful for was protecting and serving the parents of those in the school.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Mill Creek Cafe in Leakey is solid. Great selection of pies.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

He is and they were. Dude drive 40 miles and they couldn't even go 40 feet.

Is NPC LEO a thing?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That's because the only thing they were useful for was protecting and serving the parents of those in the school.
View Quote

Lol…Bootlickers incoming in 3,2,1….
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I found an embellished story perhapsAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#26]
The bystander cops should find a new profession. I can certainly understand being scared in the face of gunfire but it is disgraceful to standby and do nothing while kids are murdered.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Border Patrol vs cowards. Way to go Border Patrol!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:33:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Who ever knew…”John Wick” was a documentary.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah BORTAC dudes generally don’t fuck around. They were about the only guys standing up to the antifa faggots in Portland.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cowards
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow, bp agent is a badass. I dont understand the local leo. I was profesional fire/ems and we wargamed this situation annually with the city pd. We were all to run to the sound of gunfire immediately, fire and ems trailing officers with breaching equipment and medical supplies. The idea of waiting is absurd.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Teacher that left the door propped open should be fired. What is the SRO's excuse for not being at the school? If he left w/o following protocol, fire his ass too.

If the tac team was actually prevented from going in earlier, heads should roll. How in the fuck is an individual going in to a school with a rifle not considered an immediate hunt/apprehend or kill operation?

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Better be careful staff are now issuing warnings for asking if the cops were cowards.

Disregard only a misunderstanding followed by immediate crying on my part
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#34]

Yeah that's what I remember someone posting. And it sounds like what they now say happened.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah BORTAC dudes generally don’t fuck around. They were about the only guys standing up to the antifa faggots in Portland.
View Quote

Funny you should say that.I’ve been seeing some border patrol agents trolling around here in the St.Pete area in a fucking go-fast boat.These dudes just look like they spend all their free time “Wishing a muthafucka would.” Full sleeves and operater beards with a serious mean mug.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Parkland response isn't a guide.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:43:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Worked with a good number of Boarder Patrol and a few BORTAC dudes and they were all solid. Would not fuck with them so this does not surprise me that one of them ended this shit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#38]

I need confirmation!

I want that to be true! Give him the Newton-Azrak Award for Heroism and DHS Secretary's Exceptional Service Gold Medal Award
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:44:06 PM EDT
[#39]
You do have to allow for the fact that small podunk town police force ain't exactly Seal Team Six.  Most of those officers probably don't have Tier 1 training in anything much less a situation like this.  BUT,  once the shit is being circulated by the electric wind device people do need to man up and prepare to take fire if that's part of the job.

I'm doing my best to not come down too hard on one side or another, but it looks really really bad, and the after incident explanations seem rather....hollow.

The BP agent's heroism certainly puts a huge log on the fire of casting a bad light on the bravery or lack thereof displayed by other LEO's.

And as stated here or in another thread:  The perception has already gone viral.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#40]
So the new Police SOP for an active shooter is:

"Proceed directly to the shooter and take them out, unless you take fire, in which case you should retreat from the building and call for more resources while the gunman executes children".

Got it.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah BORTAC dudes generally don't fuck around. They were about the only guys standing up to the antifa faggots in Portland.
View Quote

And when the Leftists complained to the DOJ about them wearing camo uniforms, they had them change to solid color ones
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:45:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cowards? Someone has to stay on the perimeter and keep the area clear for the mobile command post to park and set up. Plus, those igloo coolers with cold drinks aren’t going to unpack themselves!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Parkland response isn't a guide.
View Quote

Apparently it's the approved "Officer Safety during an active shooter" procedure.

I want to hear a definitive position statement from the police union on this bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Plus, those igloo coolers with cold drinks are going to unpack themselves!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plus, those igloo coolers with cold drinks are going to unpack themselves!

The Police, protecting and serving......SOFT DRINKS from the Command Post funded by FEMA!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#45]
You know, I sat here reading the comment about the 911 heroes in the plane and just realized something.

That classroom full of kids could have swarmed the shooter when he started and taken him down. Yes, a few would have still died, but think about 20 10 year olds and maybe a teacher going after one man.

Just a thought. I know they are kids, but at that point, they hold their own destiny. And it is better than just sitting in line waiting to be shot.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I guess that mostly-Hispanic town should show BP some appreciation from now on, along with our sleazeball democrat politicians.
View Quote

It's South Texas, overwhelming Hispanic. The majority of Border Patrol Agents are Hispanic. They are respected quite well in their communities and are shown appreciation more than you can imagine on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You know, I sat here reading the comment about the 911 heroes in the plane and just realized something.

That classroom full of kids could have swarmed the shooter when he started and taken him down. Yes, a few would have still died, but think about 20 10 year olds and maybe a teacher going after one man.

Just a thought. I know they are kids, but at that point, they hold their own destiny. And it is better than just sitting in line waiting to be shot.
View Quote

Come on.  At that age could you have rushed a gunman?  Don't think so.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Am I the only one who thinks this happened all according to “the plan”?  How many times now has it been where the LEO hold up or are we jumping the gun so to speak as we do not know the whole true story yet?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Better be careful staff are now issuing warnings for asking if the cops were cowards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, were they cowards?

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:53:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Those cops were all probably glowies
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top