Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/2/2021 11:18:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2021 7:41:15 AM EDT by GunslingerPoet]
More ARFcomisms and easter eggs, more freaky aliens, more smack talk.
If you received an ARC please add a review as soon as it will let you.

Alone in the dark, surrounded by formless monsters...

The good news is that Armageddon has plenty of variety, lots of choices on how to die. Short term, there's being devoured by terrifying new alien hybrids, silver-skinned, hulking brutes capable of tearing a man limb from limb. Long term, if Captain Josiah Bleys and his pals can't reopen the jumpgates, there's a good chance of slow and miserable starvation.

And then there' the fact that the jumpgates were code locked for good reason: to stop the spread of the Pestilence. No one knows what may come out if they are reopened, but it's certain to be a Bad Thing.

Yesterday, Bleys and his new pals were shooting at each other. For now, they're united against common foes, but who knows how long that will last. Given his druthers for partners at the end of the world, Bleys would have preferred a raven-haired hottie and a bottle of scotch, but a gambler plays the cards he's dealt.

This is the sort of hand that takes finesse, audacity, and more than a little luck. With stakes literally the size of the galaxy, it's going to be a real white-knuckler.

Edited to add: Book 2 ARC's sent, I'm all out.

Book 2 Sheridan Station, is live with more easter eggs, more freaky aliens, and more ass kicking

Hey, guys, I am launching my new scifi novel series "The Collapse" in a couple of weeks. It's chock full of arfcom-isms, and even has an Ed Senior. Think Star Wars Empire meets The Thing with a little Matrix thrown in on the side. I got space marines, a lovable rogue, and a hottie Russian biologist, too. I basically wrote this for Arf.

I have some free e-copies to hand out from the publisher, and I'd love it if anybody who digs it would post reviews when I launch on the 17th of this month.

PM me for details on how to get an ARC copy.

Edited to add cover and Description:

Captain Josiah Bleys is one heck of a smuggler. A man with no respect for rules, save one: "Don't be a hero".

Chief Ragnar Kane, one of the Emperor's finest warriors, likewise harbors no aspirations toward gallantry, just increasing his kill count.

Fate, however, has other plans. The mighty, galaxy-spanning Terran Empire is mortally wounded, brought to its knees by a terrifying, intelligent plague from hyperspace. The core worlds are dead, their people slaughtered, and the government lies in ruins. Outlying colonies, suddenly isolated and without support, are on their own.

Luck (the bad kind) has both men stuck on the icy mining facility on Cerberus, an installation that won't last long without resupply. Bleys and Kane must mount a daring raid on a neighboring planet to retrieve a legendary scientist in the hopes that he can reconnect them to civilization, or they and everyone else at their frozen outpost are doomed.

The trouble is that the scientist isn't exactly willing, nor is he exactly....alive.

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:20:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:26:42 PM EDT
How in depth of a review do you need?

I love me some space science fiction/regular scifi

Am I able to participate if my primary medium of reading is via kindle?
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:28:21 PM EDT
IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:29:56 PM EDT
It's party time!
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:30:37 PM EDT
You had me at Ed Senior.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 1:33:01 PM EDT
IM sent. Sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 2:11:48 PM EDT
PM's sent with info. Still room for plenty more.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 2:24:39 PM EDT
PM sent
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 2:30:33 PM EDT
I've got the . MOBI link in my inbox, but Kindle is acting like a spoiled leetle gurl and won't let me see it yet. Soon, however, it will be MINE!
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 2:48:08 PM EDT
I’m sent
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 3:13:35 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AndyandKevinsux:
How in depth of a review do you need?

I love me some space science fiction/regular scifi

Am I able to participate if my primary medium of reading is via kindle?
View Quote

You don't have to review it if you don't want to. I won't hold you to it, but even a couple of lines like, "I really liked this" is great. (Assuming you like it, anyway.) No obligation, though, just honor system.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 3:32:21 PM EDT
I will
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:55:04 PM EDT
Bump for the evening crew.

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 5:57:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GunslingerPoet:
Hey, guys, I am launching my new scifi novel series "The Collapse" in a couple of weeks. It's chock full of arfcom-isms, and even has an Ed Senior. Think Star Wars Empire meets The Thing with a little Matrix thrown in on the side. I got space marines, a lovable rogue, and a hottie Russian biologist, too. I basically wrote this for Arf.

I have some free e-copies to hand out from the publisher, and I'd love it if anybody who digs it would post reviews when I launch on the 17th of this month.

PM me for details on how to get an ARC copy.

Edited to add cover and Description:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/307236/cover_md-2037241.jpg

Captain Josiah Bleys is one heck of a smuggler. A man with no respect for rules, save one: "Don't be a hero".

Chief Ragnar Kane, one of the Emperor's finest warriors, likewise harbors no aspirations toward gallantry, just increasing his kill count.

Fate, however, has other plans. The mighty, galaxy-spanning Terran Empire is mortally wounded, brought to its knees by a terrifying, intelligent plague from hyperspace. The core worlds are dead, their people slaughtered, and the government lies in ruins. Outlying colonies, suddenly isolated and without support, are on their own.

Luck (the bad kind) has both men stuck on the icy mining facility on Cerberus, an installation that won't last long without resupply. Bleys and Kane must mount a daring raid on a neighboring planet to retrieve a legendary scientist in the hopes that he can reconnect them to civilization, or they and everyone else at their frozen outpost are doomed.

The trouble is that the scientist isn't exactly willing, nor is he exactly....alive.

View Quote

Me! I have a few titles on Kindle. I just proofread a story about a guy with a talking dick. I need something to get that out of my head!
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:02:29 AM EDT
Reading it now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:13:55 AM EDT
IM sent
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:20:25 AM EDT
Shit I’m in. Been reading some good sci-fi lately.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:29:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:48:45 AM EDT
I could use something new to read.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 1:10:13 AM EDT
IM sent, sounds good from the OP!
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 7:49:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:08:24 AM EDT
Add me to the list!
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:14:38 AM EDT
I'll try it.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:16:36 AM EDT
I can if you still want more.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:42:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2021 8:50:40 AM EDT by John-in-austin]
I'm in.  IM sent.  Just noted that you have other books on Kindle and  two new ones coming in this Arc,  so I just picked up the war god trilogy set.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 8:46:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By azcopwannabee:

Me! I have a few titles on Kindle. I just proofread a story about a guy with a talking dick. I need something to get that out of my head!
View Quote

@azcopwannabeeLol, hopefully it will at least do that. I did not get an IM from you, but I take this post as yes? Will send you info through IM.

I saw a couple of others who said they wanted but did not IM. @Orion_Shall_Rise and @David0858, I'll IM you guys.

For anyone else still interested, IM if you can. (I know some folks can't, depending on their account status.) I actually got a lot more interest than I expected, so I am having to try to keep track of everyone who asked, and without an IM in my box, I am bound to miss someone. If you ask and don't hear from me, say so.

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 9:16:56 AM EDT
I’m down for entertainment while i deal with Kung Flu Sicken.

IM sent!

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 9:47:21 AM EDT
In and PM sent. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 9:51:59 AM EDT
Interested.  IM sent.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:00:24 AM EDT
Cool. Thanks OP. I downloaded the book and will start it today! Fuck China!
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:04:54 AM EDT
I am pretty much up for most SciFi - IM sent,etc
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:10:03 AM EDT
Wow, guys, thanks a a big response. I am out of slots. For those who did not get in, the book will still be pretty cheap on release on the 17th. I'll post in this thread to let folks know when it goes live.

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:38:26 AM EDT
Thanks, got mine.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 12:12:34 PM EDT
Just finished the Prologue.

I’m certain this will be a fun read!

Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 3:57:22 PM EDT
I’m really digging the book.

I can see some influences OP. Maybe real, maybe imaginary?

1. Alien thingy - a bit like the blue goo from Expanse perhaps?
2. AI - hints of Hyperion and the AI leaving the Hegemony?

So far, really enjoying it!

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 4:54:54 PM EDT
I have a lot of influences, and I have a lot of little tips of the hat in there. Maybe a little from the Expanse goo, but I think I feel more inspired by the creatures from The Thing.

The Thing (2/10) Movie CLIP - It's Weird and Pissed Off (1982) HD

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 5:00:56 PM EDT
Hadn't seen this thread until now and I see the slots are all spoken for. Good luck with your book!  
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 5:04:13 PM EDT
For those who didn't get in on the arc's, it will be out on the 17th for 99 cents for a short while, so if it sounds like your thing, it will launch very cheap.

Link Posted: 8/3/2021 6:32:23 PM EDT
Your teaser got my interest - sounds like it's going to be a good read.  Will follow up when it's released.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 9:45:19 PM EDT
$0.99 is close enough to free for me. :-)
Plus... I'll be a 'real purchaser' for review purposes.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 12:43:46 PM EDT
I’m a decent ways into the book so far, love it! I’ll probably buy the 99c copy too to boost sales/ratings.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 12:52:45 PM EDT
Finished last night.

Great job. Looking forward to the next one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 12:53:15 PM EDT
I added that one to my reading list. Since I read a book every two days on average, I am always looking for new stuff. I will work my way thru
some of your other stuff and throw some reviews up for you.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 12:57:31 PM EDT
IM sent
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 1:26:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cpn_Ron:
I'm a decent ways into the book so far, love it! I'll probably buy the 99c copy too to boost sales/ratings.
View Quote

I am hoping most of you who enjoy it can throw a buck at it on release. I won't make crap from it, but the additional sales push the rank up, and then Amazon will adjust their own ads, etc. Reviews, page reads, and early sales are a big deal, and twenty or thirty extra sales on day 1 helps a lot.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 1:49:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2021 1:52:57 PM EDT by John-in-austin]

I am hoping most of you who enjoy it can throw a buck at it on release. I won't make crap from it, but the additional sales push the rank up, and then Amazon will adjust their own ads, etc. Reviews, page reads, and early sales are a big deal, and twenty or thirty extra sales on day 1 helps a lot.
View Quote

Excellent read, knocked it out in one sitting two nights ago.  I bought the book and ordered the sequels. I'm probably what you would call a full time reader, I go thru 3-4 paperbacks a week. It's nice to have a writer whose work flows well enough to read easily and stays interesting from page to page.

Also picked up your "Sins of the Father".  I'll start that tonight.

Link Posted: 8/5/2021 1:51:45 PM EDT
I could use a fun read. I've been reading Sci Fi and fantasy for 20 years.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 1:54:05 PM EDT
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:

Excellent read, knocked it out in one sitting two nights ago.  I bought the book and ordered the sequel. I'm probably what you would call a full time reader, I go thru 3-4 paperbacks a week. It's nice to have a writer whose work flows well enough to read easily and stays interesting from page to page.

Also picked up your "Sins of the Father".  I'll start that tonight.

View Quote

Just be warned, the fantasy series is very different. "The Collapse" is designed as high-speed action, whereas the fantasy series is deep character-study on many morally gray characters with lots of politics. Folks who like "The Collapse" may or may not relate to "Sins of the Fathers".
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 1:58:16 PM EDT
Missed it by that much.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 2:06:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/5/2021 2:06:59 PM EDT by Cpn_Ron]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cpn_Ron:
I'm a decent ways into the book so far, love it! I'll probably buy the 99c copy too to boost sales/ratings.

Then consider it done. I’m subscribed to this thread for updates and as a reminder, and will buy a copy when it’s out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.