Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/16/2017 12:26:19 AM EDT
I have been drinking Blanton's for a long time.  But I did not know that all of the horses have a single letter on them that will spell BLANTON'S if you collect / find all 8 of them.

There are little capital letters by the right rear leg of the horse.  Also, the horses are different.

All these years I've just pitched the empties in the trash.  I guess I should have at least collected / saved the horses.  Oh well.  I think people even make display stands to put the stoppers in.  Who knew.

Maybe everyone else knew all along and I was just living under a rock  But I just found this out within the last year from one of the bourbon sites I went to.

Just thought I'd share.

ETA picture of an L

.Attachment Attached File

Here is an A.  Notice the horse is different too.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Um. duh.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:36:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Um. duh.
View Quote

So I guess I've been living under a rock

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#3]
My neighbors were obsessed with collecting those things before I ever tried it.

Took them forever to find the "S" for whatever reason.

Now I believe they're just trying to see how many times they can spell it...lol

A little late, but welcome to the party OP
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:44:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I just drink it... ok. I collected them. Now what ?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Its like that time I explained to one of my staff you can use the little wheel on a mouse to scroll down.  Bkew her mind away...
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#6]
No lie.  I've been drinking 1-4 bottles of Blanton's every year for around 20 years now.  I can't believe I never knew about this until last year.  What is even worse is that i never even noticed it.  Shrugs.

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the B,T and S corks.  Only been into Blanton's for about a year.  I can only find it when I go back to visit our in laws in KY.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#8]
In case you're having a hard time finding Blanton's.

https://buffalotracegiftshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=47
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:48:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In case you're having a hard time finding Blanton's.

https://buffalotracegiftshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=47
View Quote

That's cheating

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's cheating

View Quote
Yeah, a little bit.  Two different store owners have talked to me about Blanton's cork collectors.  Seems they come in the store and check every bottle for a missing part of their collection.  Kind of funny.  Just trying to help out!

FYI - Didn't see it in the on line gift shop, but at the distillery gift shop they sold a Blanton's barrel stave with all eight corks attached.  Didn't buy one, but it was interesting.

EDIT - Found it.  https://buffalotracegiftshop.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=36
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:59:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep started in the 90s. Even if you don't collect the stoppers don't just pitch the bottles, people buy them for a few bucks on ebay to make lamps, candles, oil burners...etc out of. I save all of bottles.

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Trivia for those of you,

Each statue of the horse and rider is a reference to a frame, you've seen it, you just may not realize it.

Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Is that the set of photos that settled the debate about a horse having all four feet off the ground when running?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is that the set of photos that settled the debate about a horse having all four feet off the ground when running?
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#15]
If you collect them all you can send them to buffalo trave for a souvenir.  They take an old stave and screw them in.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you collect them all you can send them to buffalo trave for a souvenir.  They take an old stave and screw them in.
View Quote
Please provide a link or something.  Can't find any info saying they'll do that.  I see they sell a finished stave with plaque for $63.00, but it seems to be a DYI project to attach the corks.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Please provide a link or something.  Can't find any info saying they'll do that.  I see they sell a finished stave with plaque for $63.00, but it seems to be a DYI project to attach the corks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That was told to me by the tour guide when we visited buffalo trace. This was approx 4 years ago. I would call their customer service and ask.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#18]
You are correct, Sir.  Contacted Buffalo Trace's gift shop after I drank enough Blanton's to collect all eight stoppers.  They sent me an email and I sent them my bottle stoppers on 28 Oct.  Got the barrel stave with the bronze plate back about 3 days ago.  The service was free!  You can see what I got at this link.

https://www.blantonsbourbonshop.com/shop/barrel-stave
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got my first bottle, starting off this whole shebang with a B. Now, I just wonder how long it’ll be until I’ll be able to afford buying enough bottles to send my corks in.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 2:31:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yep started in the 90s. Even if you don't collect the stoppers don't just pitch the bottles, people buy them for a few bucks on ebay to make lamps, candles, oil burners...etc out of. I save all of bottles.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/031/0/6653527/il_570xN.632062613_h9yn.jpg
http://dpegb9ebondhq.cloudfront.net/product_photos/43660073/Blantons_original.JPG
https://img1.etsystatic.com/065/2/10880173/il_570xN.801880713_hwfd.jpg
View Quote
I need that top lamp
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just got my first bottle, starting off this whole shebang with a B. Now, I just wonder how long it’ll be until I’ll be able to afford buying enough bottles to send my corks in.
View Quote

It's $60 here in PA.  Ask for it for holidays, birthdays, etc.  You'll have them all in no time.  I'm my opinion, it's worth every penny.

I think the hardest part will be finding all the different letters and not getting duplicates.I

Enjoy the journey.

Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#22]
It doesn't just spell Blantons, it shows the horse from start to finish of a race.  The B is the horse at the starting gate and the S is the finish line.
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Screw that.  Make a zoetrope.

Animation by "BLANTON'S" Horse
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Screw that.  Make a zoetrope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fCsubuD17k
View Quote

That’s pretty cool.

Link Posted: 2/3/2018 3:27:58 PM EDT
[#25]
We are a couple glasses away from finishing our last letter, the "A."  Wife is super-excited, we met the local BT sales rep and she is sending us a display setup for free!

Fun fact for newbs:  there are two different Ns, one with and without the apostrophe!
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#26]
-anybody want an L?
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:22:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
-anybody want an L?
View Quote
I do if it's still available.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#30]
There are 2 different Ns
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
There are 2 different Ns
View Quote
I have the N: and need the other. I have a spare A to trade.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 6:53:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#33]
I need a decent place to buy it online.   Ever since I moved to a small town, in the country my Blanton days are virtually over.  They get a single bottle maybe every 6 months.

Recommendation?
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I need a decent place to buy it online.   Ever since I moved to a small town, in the country my Blanton days are virtually over.  They get a single bottle maybe every 6 months.

Recommendation?
View Quote
Pony up for a case? I'm sure if you bought a case, or offered to buy at least half, they may do it.
Don't know what the laws are in TX for online liquor sales. I know here in PA you can't, only from the state and pick up in store.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#35]
God, I love the Bourbon Pecan candles Buffalo Trace sells.  I have 3 and every we go there I pick one up. I did see the corks and thought it would be cool.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 11/15/2018 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Got them all now except an O.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 3:59:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Anybody need a T?

I’ll trade for L, A, O, or N: (2nd N)
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Last time I was at Langley AFB Class VI, they had 4 or 5 of the larger Blanton's on the shelf...so I mosy on over today to relieve them of a bottle and .... daggone, someone has done beat me to it...shelf was bare. I asked a clerk about when the next shipment was due in, got the "duh, I don't know look"... shame on me for violating the "when you see it, buy it" code.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I read this as blantons horse cocks.... time to stop hockey pregaming ....
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 3:56:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Is anyone else finding it impossible to find a bottle of Blanton’s?

BTW Alabama has none!
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Is anyone else finding it impossible to find a bottle of Blanton’s?

BTW Alabama has none!
View Quote
We get ours usually in the fall or right before Christmas.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 8:58:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is anyone else finding it impossible to find a bottle of Blanton's?

BTW Alabama has none!
View Quote
I toured Buffalo Trace last month, they didn't even have any . Every place I ask down here laughs in my face. I'm considering going on a cruise just to stock up.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I fortunately found a place that has it in stock all the time. They get three bottles in every several weeks. Apparently I am the only one that buys it. Like ammo I don't clear them out. I buy one bottle at a time. I come back and the others did not sell so I buy another. Then next week later I come back and the last bottle is sitting there! I buy that one as well.

ETA: I was in Kentucky last December and you couldn't get it anywhere.

Link Posted: 5/18/2019 2:51:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Taste differences between Blanton's and Buffalo Trace?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Recently I've been able to find it a lot here in Vegas.  Managed to get a bottle at retail ($60) for the first time last week.  They are usually priced higher...$80-260.  Paid $120 for my first bottle because it was the cheapest I found it after looking for several months.  Later I got a couple store picks for $90.  That was pushing it for me price wise...No way I'd pay over $100 for it again.

I am trying to get the whole set of corks...got an extra T now if anyone is looking to trade for one.

Quoted:
Taste differences between Blanton's and Buffalo Trace?
View Quote
Its good, but it is a single barrel, meaning you may get some that are outstanding and some that are mediocre.  It is a bit stronger than standard Buffalo Trace and more a bit more flavorful.  I've actually had a store pick single barrel Buffalo Trace that amazing.  Even better than any Blanton's I've had.  Should have bought a few extra bottles but I procrastinated too long.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Found a bottle today  

Store got 2, I missed it because it was in the box. I
was looking for the bottle

Luckily cashier asked if I found everything ok. I asked if they had any, he said there should be one on the shelf.  
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#49]
I found 2 bottles over the past 3 weeks or so. Store had 2, 1 was on hold, 1 wasn't, so the manager sold me one. Went back a week later and there was an empty box on the shelf, they had the bottle behind the counter. Finally got my "L"!
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#50]
I need a L and an O.  I have an  extra N and A if anybody wants to trade.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top