BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
How hard is it to get  a permit?
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
We had a similar problem around here for a while ...

I have heard #4 buck does well ...
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was riding with a Federal Game Warden(Refuge Officer) on one of their properties open to the public for fishing.  Enroute to check some fisherman when we spotted an obviously run over water moccasin rolling around in the road.  He got out and filmed/took pictures of the snake and continued on.  We got to the fishing area and there was only one vehicle there with two guys still setting up their fishing gear.  Warden asked if they saw that snake in the road and the guy who had been driving proudly said, “Hell yes I did! He’s a good snake now after I ran his ass over”.   Think that citation wound up costing him $200
View Quote
Reply: "Is this a joke? Did it walk into a bar?" Or ""What snake?"
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Feds prosecute this nonsense pretty aggressively. I've noticed more buzzards around here lately.
View Quote
Professional courtesy on the part of the gov I'm sure.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Seen a shitload of Vultures in AZ the last couple of months.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show me the law that overrides the Federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act
Federal Register Link
No mention that I could see of  Black Vulture, Coragyps atratus.

The two mentioned vultures: Griffon-type Old World vulture and King Vulture I personally have never seen in Texas
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That's it I demand we bring back DDT
View Quote
Won't do anything.
The study that showed thinning eggshells also limited calcium in the birds diet.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Does this cover Starlings? Asking for a farmer...
View Quote
In az starlings are invasive. As lomg as you follow legal method of take and hours for Jay Q. Gamebird, you're fine. Pigeons are exempted, but I would wager blowtorching them on a glue perch is probably against some kind of law here.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 yet wind turbines grind up Heckle and Jeckle all the time
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Walmart 12ga 100-pack, $24.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918 yet wind turbines grind up Heckle and Jeckle all the time
View Quote
Still kill fewer birds than cats.  And for God’s sake don’t go all Dr. Kristen Lindsey DVM and get caught either, or in her case post a picture to social media holding the dead cat with your bow
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:35:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep. You'll have that.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:36:01 PM EDT
[#14]
There are at least two of these dam things on every light pole up and down I265 here in Louisville.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:36:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I once saw a vulture on the grass between the sidewalk and the street on MacArthur Blvd in N Irving eating a ham and cheese sandwich someone had tossed away.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#16]
They are in NE TN as well
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was riding with a Federal Game Warden(Refuge Officer) on one of their properties open to the public for fishing.  Enroute to check some fisherman when we spotted an obviously run over water moccasin rolling around in the road.  He got out and filmed/took pictures of the snake and continued on.  We got to the fishing area and there was only one vehicle there with two guys still setting up their fishing gear.  Warden asked if they saw that snake in the road and the guy who had been driving proudly said, “Hell yes I did! He’s a good snake now after I ran his ass over”.   Think that citation wound up costing him $200
Second choice would have saved him a citation
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Can't be killed without a permit.  *snort
View Quote
That was not written by a farmer.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When I was looking at houses many years ago.   I went to look at a house and Turkey Vultures had been roosting in a tree in the back yard.   The house didn't appeal to me that much but I saw that and said f that.
View Quote
There is a roosting tree for turkey vultures across the river from us and they got some free land to build a small medical clinic right next too it.

Dang funny to see patients coming into the clinic for their early morning appointments with a tree full of vultures about 50ft from the front door....
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Growing up in Wa. Never remember seeing vultures. Saw 2 all black ones yesterday and see the ones with red heads often (thinking they are turkey, never looked into what was what with them). But they are something that is new that you see often..... We have golden eagles now as well and never use to have them.... I thought it was just Wa that was turning into a predator pit since this state wants to protect anything that eats wild life.... now you have bears, wolfs and big cats in peoples neighborhoods....
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Growing up in Wa. Never remember seeing vultures. Saw 2 all black ones yesterday and see the ones with red heads often (thinking they are turkey, never looked into what was what with them). But they are something that is new that you see often..... We have golden eagles now as well and never use to have them.... I thought it was just Wa that was turning into a predator pit since this state wants to protect anything that eats wild life.... now you have bears, wolfs and big cats in peoples neighborhoods....
View Quote
The left wants all kinds of predators and disease in America as well as terrorists,and violent criminals...anything to Cloward-Piven us to death, financially,socially,morally,physically,...whatever it takes to wear us down,wear us out, and finish us off.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd never seen on until a few years ago. Some neighbor let their dogs run free and they killed a fawn. I looked out the window and there are these huge vultures out there. I've seen a bunch this year feasting on roadkill.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:16:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The left wants all kinds of predators and disease in America as well as terrorists,and violent criminals...anything to Cloward-Piven us to death, financially,socially,morally,physically,...whatever it takes to wear us down,wear us out, and finish us off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vultures actually help prevent the spread of diseases
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Around here the black vulture should be named an invasive species and killed by any means available. They have almost pushed out the turkey vulture, which does belong here. The turkey vulture only cleans up what is already dead. The black vulture kills anything that can’t defend itself. Which is anything smaller than a 200 pound calf.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#25]
You're a sick one.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Having one hell of a time with this on our place.

Cock suckers on the federal level won’t let us do shit about it.

“Scare them off” “be with the cattle that are birthing”

Yeah, like we got nothing else to do
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Around here the black vulture should be named an invasive species and killed by any means available. They have almost pushed out the turkey vulture, which does belong here. The turkey vulture only cleans up what is already dead. The black vulture kills anything that can’t defend itself. Which is anything smaller than a 200 pound calf.
View Quote
Truth.  Turkey Vultures are getting thinner and thinner every year around here.  Any roadkill I pass with vultures on it you’ll see a dozen or so Black vultures eating away with maybe 2 or 3 Turkey Vultures sitting on a fence posts waiting for what little scraps are left over
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope! The finest taxpayer funded USFW Biologists have a big hand in this
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#29]
The black vultures roost in a nearby parking lot. People park there to hike and fish. The vultures will pull every bit of rubber trim off a car that offends them. Theres no rhyme or reason as to why they choose one car, and leave dozens of others alone, but they do what looks like $1000's in damage.
The locals in the know will tarp their cars or tie balloons to their antennas. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Speaking of vultures, I was leaving the local Home Depot last week in my suburban city and stopped at a traffic light and observed these two big birds right outside of my car by the curb. They looked like two medium sized turkeys. They were eating something that I couldn't see and had to move quick before the light changed. There was lots of traffic and they didn't seem to care.

" />
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:01:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
SSS
View Quote
It is being done.  People with cattle having calves are not going to put up with that shit
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unlike the left winged vultures
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Just sick of the government protecting invasive critters of all kinds.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:21:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Feds prosecute this nonsense pretty aggressively. I've noticed more buzzards around here lately.
Absolutely worthless, my tax dollars at work.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Saw a lot of them all summer in AR last year. This year not near as many. OP can keep them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I dont give a fuck. I'll kill them left and right if they are attacking my livestock.  Same goes for any other "protected" animal.
View Quote
We keep 9 guardian dogs with our livestock, (mostly sheep and goats) for protection from coyotes. Last year, one of the dogs managed to nail one when he tried to swoop down on one of the goat kids. The rest kept their distance from then on. We told the dog he could be thrown in jail for that. He was unimpressed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:38:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

State law doesn't supersede Federal law
View Quote
Tell that to every Leftist state that ignores Federal Drug laws.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:40:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Last week I watched a doe try to protect her fawn from black vultures in the pasture land behind our house.  Not sure if the fawn was injured or what because the grass was so high.  Wasn't long before 5 or 6 vultures started making their move.  The doe did her best to chase off the birds but just couldn't keep up with them.  She rose up on her two hind legs a couple times to scare the birds off the nearby fence.  It was an interesting nature battle.  Those vultures then started pecking at the fawn which was likely still alive when they started the attack.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hence the SSS.
Link Posted: 6/30/2019 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#41]
How it slowly creeps to a head. Civilians push back then the Feds push back. One side finds out if they really want to die for their cause. Pressure from Above. Pressure from Below. Strategy of Tension, Game Theory,etc.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Boat load of them around here.

I sometimes feed them a skunk, possum or coon.

They also clean up all the road kill around here.

If they started screwing around with any of our critters, they would have to go.
View Quote
I've never seen them go after anything living - I didn't think their digestive systems could process fresh meat.  Also, I notice they got a climate change dig in there...
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#43]
I have a shit ton by me.  They're ugly as sin up close, but so graceful in the air.

Between the vultures, the hawks and the owels, there's no friggin way i'd let my kitties out. or a peepee dog.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I’m starting to see them everywhere. Turkey vultures would always let you know when a calf drops because they patiently wait on the placenta with no interest in the the calf, or at least one they would act on. The black bastards are vicious.
View Quote
I've heard of the black vultures killing turkey vultures too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Does this cover Starlings? Asking for a farmer...
View Quote
Most states, European starlings are considered an invasive, and can be shot anywhere you can legally shoot, until you're tired of burning ammo.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Yeah...

Well...

Remington 870s are on sale at Whittaker's.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Wait......you can't shoot a vulture!!??
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:45:20 AM EDT
[#49]
There is a house about 6 miles from me that has about 50 of them hanging out. They are on the roof, in the trees, everywhere.  It is kind of a run down old country house. It is freaking creepy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Warmer winters may have increased the number of vultures in the U.S., said Wayne Long, the Jefferson County extension agent for the University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food and Environment. Vultures, he said, take advantage of climate change and hang around more in a spot they like.
View Quote
and there it is....
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top