User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol

I wonder if other black people have racist parties making fun of whites in that area.

And either way, who cares other than thin skinned, over emotional children?

Oh wait…

PS: I would have eaten the hell out of some fried chicken.
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two things:

1. Don't have casually racist parties.

2. If you are going to have casually racists parties, keep that shit to yourself in your basement.

Edit: party sounds more lighthearted, but leave the racial shit out of it.
View Quote

lol that word has no meaning

those who fawn over using that word lol
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What the FUCK is wrong with people.

There's no such thing as being casually racist. Either you're racist or not. Having a Juneteenth flag in a bucket of fried chicken is ridiculously racist. Throwing a party that CENTER'S on it, is even MORE racist. The only thing missing were the pointy white hats. Who know's, maybe that was the exclusive after party.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What the FUCK is wrong with people.

There's no such thing as being casually racist. Either you're racist or not. Having a Juneteenth flag in a bucket of fried chicken is ridiculously racist. Throwing a party that CENTER'S on it, is even MORE racist. The only thing missing were the pointy white hats. Who know's, maybe that was the exclusive after party.

"Ridiculously racist"?  A bucket of chicken...
With your racist meter pegged to 11 on a bucket of chicken, how do you rank things like:

-- randomly sucker punching non-blacks in the back of the head as a game?
-- getting mugged and your throat cut for not being black?
-- getting beat up by a gang and your car vandalized for going to a "local only" beach?
-- getting physically thrown out of a "No Gaizen" restaurant?
-- called every racist name imaginable while being spit on, guns pointed at your face and your fiance threated with rape?
-- told you can't attend a church [with a black friend] because it's an all black service?
-- told you can't attend a fiesta [block party] because you're not "local"?
-- not able to join groups in the military and college because you're a certain race?
-- not hired for a position because you're a certain race?
-- denied applying for career awards because you're a certain race?  
-- had your luggage taken by force on a train while people that looked like the punks laughed and filmed?
-- racial explicatives and rocks thrown at your vehicle for driving onto the "wrong street"?  

I've personally experienced all of those and much more.  Actual racism laughs at your bucket of chicken.    

Quoted:
This shameful, disrespectful, sickening behavior makes the entire Republican Party look bad.

The real problem is a good number of people in this country are extremely upset the slaves were emancipated.

Republicans?  The most racist whites I've come across have been Democrats.  I've never heard a "Republican" say the N word, dress in blackface, been in or had family in the KKK or owned slaves in past centuries.  All democrats.  The "most racist" people I've encountered were definitely not white or even black.  Middle Eastern and Asian countries re-define anything you thought rasicm actually was.      
Link Posted: 8/14/2022 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Having a Juneteenth flag in a bucket of fried chicken is ridiculously racist.
View Quote

Please explain exactly how that is racist.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#6]
What's more disturbing is that it's not racist. Chicken can't be racists. It's chicken.

People can be racist, and even then, this isn't necessarily racist  but perhaps racially insensitive. People have lost the concept of bigotry, bias, and prejudice, all of which are nuance degrees of discriminatory behavior, and now everything and everyone is "racist". Essentially, believing black people do prefer chicken is the same as belonging to the Klan in the minds of modern people. Those who perpetuate this issue never remember that it was brought to you by the left.

I'm no fan of treating people differently because of their heritage but there is also this idea that people don't have to be uncomfortable with something they see and if they are, someone has wronged them. While the article attached to that post made it sound like they were surrounded by racist propaganda, this bucket of chicken with the Juneteenth flag sounds like it's the only thing that actually comes close. In my book, it's probably worth saying "hey, that seems pretty tacky. You understand how that looks, right?" And letting it go. These dudes that are full Reeeeee over the racistness of it are a little off the hook.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:53:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe I'd care about his complaint if that shit cut both ways.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:27:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Forcing fireman to go to a party while on duty, flag in a bucket of chicken, mocking a holiday (whether folks agree with it or not) all bad ideas.

View Quote

OP says "encourages," not "forced."

But I didn't read the linked article.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:32:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't be a racist piece of shit at work and you won't have these problems.  If the boss saw the racist joke on the table and said "fuck this racist shit we are leaving" this wouldn't be an issue I bet.  Of course only good non racist people stand up to this shit instead of making light of it.  Chief earned whatever he gets.  

The payout is probably a lot more than that dude suffered but racist shit should disproportionately hurt a workplace or government institution to prevent further bullshit.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:18:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is another one of those cases where they thought the black guy was one of their buddies, treated him like a normal human being,  no special dancing around the issues that are controversial just to make sure his feelings don't get hurt.

So then he used the opportunity for his own welfare and eventually probably a lawsuit where he will have financial gain.

It's real shame people of  other colors are intentionally segregating themselves but that's really what's happening..

Perhaps the lesson here is stick to your own.
View Quote

Quit projecting.  Perhaps you should live separate from society since you can’t seem use any common sense…
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:19:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

When you do that you'll get accused of bigotry and racism as well.....it was done right here in GD a couple weeks ago.
View Quote

Not racism or bigotry, it’s stupidity on your part for failing to see what the actual problem in this scenario was…
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

With your racist meter pegged to 11 on a bucket of chicken, how do you rank things like:

-- randomly sucker punching non-blacks in the back of the head as a game?
-- getting mugged and your throat cut for not being black?
-- getting beat up by a gang and your car vandalized for going to a "local only" beach?
-- getting physically thrown out of a "No Gaizen" restaurant?
-- called every racist name imaginable while being spit on, guns pointed at your face and your fiance threated with rape?
-- told you can't attend a church [with a black friend] because it's an all black service?
-- told you can't attend a fiesta [block party] because you're not "local"?
-- not able to join groups in the military and college because you're a certain race?
-- not hired for a position because you're a certain race?
-- denied applying for career awards because you're a certain race?  
-- had your luggage taken by force on a train while people that looked like the punks laughed and filmed?
-- racial explicatives and rocks thrown at your vehicle for driving onto the "wrong street"?  

I've personally experienced all of those and much more.  Actual racism laughs at your bucket of chicken.    

Republicans?  The most racist whites I've come across have been Democrats.  I've never heard a "Republican" say the N word, dress in blackface, been in or had family in the KKK or owned slaves in past centuries.  All democrats.  The "most racist" people I've encountered were definitely not white or even black.  Middle Eastern and Asian countries re-define anything you thought rasicm actually was.      
View Quote

The whataboutisms here are quite entertaining.  So you have a problem with the word “ridiculous”, eh?  How about the word “blatantly”?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:26:14 AM EDT
[#13]
A party off-site, not sanctioned by the FD, at someone's home?  GFY, you could have simply left but nooooo, I have been harmed.

All over a fake made up holiday
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:27:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:28:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:29:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When you do that you'll get accused of bigotry and racism as well.....it was done right here in GD a couple weeks ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is another one of those cases where they thought the black guy was one of their buddies, treated him like a normal human being,  no special dancing around the issues that are controversial just to make sure his feelings don't get hurt.
So then he used the opportunity for his own welfare and eventually probably a lawsuit where he will have financial gain.
It's real shame people of  other colors are intentionally segregating themselves but that's really what's happening..
Perhaps the lesson here is stick to your own.

Oh no.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#17]
He might get paid, but he'll have to buy his own chicken next summer.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:46:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Firefighter was working and the captain told the men to accompany him on a fire truck. Fire trucks occasionally go to community events, but they aren't supposed to go to political events.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A party off-site, not sanctioned by the FD, at someone's home?  GFY, you could have simply left but nooooo, I have been harmed.

All over a fake made up holiday
Firefighter was working and the captain told the men to accompany him on a fire truck. Fire trucks occasionally go to community events, but they aren't supposed to go to political events.

Well now, that changes everything.  The Captain is a bloomin' idiot and deserves nothing higher than managing a car wash.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:48:11 AM EDT
[#19]

So the date of finding out that half the country was successful at freeing you from slavery at a cost of tens of thousands of it's citizens justifies mocking the flag of your liberators? That would make no sense to me. You'd think that a Juneteenth flag would be an "up yours" response to the Confederacy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
NY black fire fighter '

I fucking bet he never even heard of the holiday until it was mentioned by Trump.

No one fucking had unless you lived in Texas

stupid  national holiday
View Quote

I'm a white NYer and I first heard of it back in the 70s. I'm sorry if your public education was deficient
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#21]
He sounds like a big pussy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
He sounds like a big pussy.
View Quote

All about the feelz, I suppose. At the end of the day, he is getting paid and cap is going to eat shit.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:28:24 AM EDT
[#23]
On duty?!    What was Cpt thinking?  Oh....he wasnt.   The City better settle asap before it swells, because it will and the price will go up...esp in this city.   I had 30 years of public safety (fire/EMS/LE) and retired from years of senior mgmt. from all of that madness.    While things are a little more casual around these disciplines than they are are at the Parks dept, Growth Dept, (other municpatlity or county govt jobs):  being a cop, firefighter or EMS still falls under the same HR umbrella.   I cant tell you how many times I went to HR (weekly) to speak with HR manager as to why he did not understand behavior of our employees.  

When it comes to minorities in the work place, do not think that because female employee cracks crass-sexual jokes or is "cool" with your firehouse racially tinged humor, that you and your brothers can say whatever coms to your mind.   Have a filter and think about what comes out of your mouth or you may be explaining to your loved ones why you got fired.  EEOC complaints are real.    That being said...the amount of frivolous lawsuits because raysus, and "misogyny" is off the charts and ridiculous.   Scores of good people have lost their careers over BS allegations.    Last word of advice:  do not think that just because your off duty that it makes much difference....it does not.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
These Rochester Republicans are 87x more fun that any GOP shingding I ever went to. buckets of fries chicken and burlesque performers imitating local politicians? That's some gumption you don't usually see from upstate Republicans
View Quote

Reported  locally that the dentist is a Dem.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I was wondering if it was an AOC impersonator.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#26]
the people whining in here about how RACIST it was holy fuck

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Who wants mandatory Diversity Training?
During nap time?

Because this is how you end up spending nap time at mandatory Diversity Training.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 10:52:39 AM EDT
[#28]
I take it he didn't get that promotion he was looking for, and is now using the AA card to get it?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Sounds like a case of bad decisions and maybe over sensativity
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
(SNIP)     
View Quote
You point out an interesting facet of race relations in this country.
There's no sense of balance, no equivalency, to how matters of race are viewed.
Interracial violent crime stats in this country are comically lopsided, but no one talks about it in public.
However, make a politically incorrect joke and it's like the Scottsboro Boys are back on trial.

We live in a Kafkaesque world where hurt feelings trump assault, rape, robbery, and murder.

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#31]
We need to make juneteenth into an even bigger celebration.  Make it a season.  We can have a black friday event to kick it off like xmas too.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Black people don't like fried chicken?  Are they supposed to like it but don't?  Or do they like it but you aren't supposed to say they like it?  Or is it they don't like it and it's racist if you say they like it?  If they don't like fried chicken, why?  I like fried chicken.  What the hell is wrong with liking something?
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:21:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I love the feigned ignorance of the racist imagery. “I like fried chicken too, hurr hurr”. Is everything racist nowadays? Yes, it’s ridiculous how far we have gone down the road of everything being offensive.

But, let’s not pretend there aren’t actual racist actions that have existed for generations. That is what was on display here and let’s not pretend otherwise because it just comes across as fucking ignorant, not the witty statement some here think.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Black people don't like fried chicken?  Are they supposed to like it but don't?  Or do they like it but you aren't supposed to say they like it?  Or is it they don't like it and it's racist if you say they like it?  If they don't like fried chicken, why?  I like fried chicken.  What the hell is wrong with liking something?
View Quote

Apparently it was configured in some sort of mocking manner.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 3:34:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:40:19 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm not sure what's more horrifying, a cardboard Trump or fried chicken being consumed in the vicinity of juneteenth flags. This is stupid.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These Rochester Republicans are 87x more fun that any GOP shingding I ever went to. buckets of fries chicken and burlesque performers imitating local politicians? That's some gumption you don't usually see from upstate Republicans

So not a "racist" party, an "overly enthusiastic and not dialed into black culture" party.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Who doesn't like fried chicken?

Grew up near Rochester so i pay attention to what happens there.  Several years ago, a Rochester Popeyes had a chicken shortage.  There was a news clip showing only blacks being interviewed about the shortage.  This was deemed racist as it was claimed fried chicken was not associated with blacks.  Knowing that area, and the kind of commie media Rochester has, I am pretty sure the media didn't go out of their way to find blacks to interview.

Stereotypes don't just arise from nothing.  Sometimes, they're just statistics.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yikes the firefighters were on the job and he was ordered to go there as part of a crew on a work truck. There were other junior firefighters who were on the same truck. They're going to be deposed, they should already have been interviewed by city legal dept investigators and the captain suspended if they confirmed the story.

He's been out on leave "due to distress" at not having his demand to be moved out from under the captain. I'm sure that's on advice of his lawyers. "Oh they didn't do anything? Quick stop going to work before they do!"

That dentist is more screwed than the one who killed a lion. They're also going to find the cop who was there but maybe he's retired. County GOP is going to be in deep shit.
View Quote

Perhaps all the firefighters will have amnesia
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#41]

I don't think there would have been any problem if not for that part. It might have been annoying for the guy but that's it.

If they had a toilet with a cross and an american flag in it, that more closely demonstrates how we would feel about  the chicken thing, but not quite. Maybe if the bathroom had a urinal with a constitution painted on the inside so that people piss on the constitution.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#42]
People who get offended that easily are not mentally mature.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not racism or bigotry, it’s stupidity on your part for failing to see what the actual problem in this scenario was…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh bullshit, the stories some of you make up to assuage your guilt of doing the exact thing you accuse others of doing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/15/2022 11:59:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Let’s celebrate slow news. I guess WWII didn’t end until the 80’s when they found the last Japanese soldier. So do we celebrate 2 ends to WWII now?? It should have never left Texas.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:56:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Juneteenth only applies to Texas.  It recognizes the date the slaves were freed in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 3:41:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Juneteenth only applies to Texas.  It recognizes the date the slaves were freed in Texas.
View Quote
Nest you'll tell me only Christians can have a Christmas tree.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 4:37:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since the tree was coopted from Pagans, even Christians can't have Christmas trees.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Since the tree was coopted from Pagans, even Christians can't have Christmas trees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top