User Panel

Page / 502
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 7:32:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1975] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Slight pull back in the early am hours
View Quote

It would look like a bloodbath if you were new and didn't know any better.

I just picked up some Chainlink.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:32:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bravo_220] [#2]
Had an ETH limit buy order that got filled early this AM, it was at 88% of the high from this previous week. I watched it drop a little below that so set another lower limit buy which was at 86% of the weeks high and that also got quickly filled. Glad I read about the Sunday dump trend on here, seems to be discounted in the 85-90% range based on the last 5 weeks history.  

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol at the people who bought in at 57k and are selling at 53k.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Default-Gateway:
View Quote

HODL!!!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:45:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: swampvol] [#5]
Originally Posted By Bale2011:

It would look like a bloodbath if you were new and didn't know any better.

I just picked up some Chainlink.
View Quote

I picked up some Chainlink as well. Have a limit buy on some more XLM that hasn't hit yet.

Debating dumping my LTC and putting that into some more ETH.

Edit. My .459 order just filled.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

We can go back at any point in BTC's history and LOL at the people who bought in at $50, $150, $1500, $15,000 and sold for a loss.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:49:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

I picked up some Chainlink as well. Have a limit buy on some more XLM that hasn't hit yet.

Debating dumping my LTC and putting that into some more ETH.

Edit. My .459 order just filled.
View Quote

NICE! I picked up more BTC, ADA, and some GRT this morning. Its gone down since then, but Im not worried.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

We can go back at any point in BTC's history and LOL at the people who bought in at $50, $150, $1500, $15,000 and sold for a loss.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

We certainly can.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Man I'll be tempted to dump what dry powder I have left into ETH if It dips into the low 1600s. I've been saving a stash for a dip back into the 1400s, but not sure I'm that patient.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By swampvol:
Man I'll be tempted to dump what dry powder I have left into ETH if It dips into the low 1600s. I've been saving a stash for a dip back into the 1400s, but not sure I'm that patient.
View Quote

Yeah I was just about to ask who else is chomping at the bit for sub 50k btc and sub 1600 eth.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Yeah I was just about to ask who else is chomping at the bit for sub 50k btc and sub 1600 eth.
View Quote

If it goes that low Ill run out to the car and buy more. Should have set some limit buys but was already running late today.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#12]
BTC: $48.3
ETH: $1530
ADA: $0.84
GRT:$1.69
XLM: $0.39
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:20:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone interested in Nu?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:22:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Buying opportunities today boys
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By jchewie1:
Anyone interested in Nu?
View Quote

I think I see what you did there. Not biting. lol
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
Eyes on prices this morning for sure.

Been waiting for a drop to buy more.
View Quote

Couldnt help myself, had to buy more.

My wife might kill me
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:43:48 AM EDT
[#18]
For people new to the space. This is what a dip looks like, you should buy them when you can.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#19]
I’m still holding from a buy in @ $303/BTC. $5k drop from ATH...of course I bought more.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#21]
For people new to the space. This is what a dip looks like, you should buy them when you can.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462085/Screenshot_20210222-094141_Bitcoin_Ticke-1836391.JPG
View Quote

Good probability that it won't even be the last one between now and the actual top.

I have only low to medium confidence in the following, but this dip was strong enough that it could yield us another 2 or 3 weeks of moving sideways like we saw earlier this year.  So far, this correction looks a lot like the last one.  Famous last words of course.

It'd be a good thing if this plays out like the last one.  The longer this bubble gets dragged out, the higher it goes.  My expectation is that the thing that will finally kill this bubble is a true mania move where you see something like a doubling in a 2 or 3 weeks.  That's how the 2013 and 2017 bubbles ended.  We haven't seen that kind of swing yet.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Still nowhere close to testing bull market support. It didn't even dip below last weeks lows.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By woodsie:

Good probability that it won't even be the last one between now and the actual top.

I have only low to medium confidence in the following, but this dip was strong enough that it could yield us another 2 or 3 weeks of moving sideways like we saw earlier this year.  So far, this correction looks a lot like the last one.  Famous last words of course.

It'd be a good thing if this plays out like the last one.  The longer this bubble gets dragged out, the higher it goes.  My expectation is that the thing that will finally kill this bubble is a true mania move where you see something like a doubling in a 2 or 3 weeks.  That's how the 2013 and 2017 bubbles ended.  We haven't seen that kind of swing yet.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By woodsie:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/462085/Screenshot_20210222-094141_Bitcoin_Ticke-1836391.JPG

Of course it won't be the last one.  Whales just moving stuff around can easily cause a dip like this.  It shakes out pussys and then they buy back at another high.
The snap back is what to keep an eye on.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:08:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Default-Gateway] [#24]
Originally Posted By CBags04:
Still nowhere close to testing bull market support. It didn't even dip below last weeks lows.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129054/bms_PNG-1836409.JPG

View Quote

Exactly, the buy walls that were set at 50k fortold the snap back.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:10:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARandomClaymore] [#25]
Missed this drop. Portfolio fell $15k with this correction. Its recovered $6k of that at the moment.

Huge missed opportunity to short AAVE and pick up more.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw btc at 46 but was too slow. Got 1.6 ETH at 1660 though.

thanks to this thread I was ready for the Sunday /
Monday drop.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw btc at 46 but was too slow. Got 1.6 ETH at 1660 though.

Monday drop.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:39:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jagrmaister] [#28]
Damn. Missed the dip. That’s what I get for playing in the snow with my kids.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I’ll go one step further.

You should be buying when there aren’t active crypto threads in GD. When GD starts talking about crypto is the time to stop buying, assess, and sell into the herd of hooples.

It will happen again.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By fike:

You should be buying when there aren’t active crypto threads in GD. When GD starts talking about crypto is the time to stop buying, assess, and sell into the herd of hooples.

It will happen again.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

It will happen again.

Does this thread count?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:56:50 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fooboy:

Monday drop.

Same, I didn't get it until $1700 though. Took me about 2 minutes to transfer the money over from my account and I lost out on some profit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Missed out too. I forgot to fund my account after buying earlier this morning.

That will not happen again damnit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
I noticed that, it seems all across all the cryptocurrencies had a dip at 8:30 this morning.

what cause all of them to dip like that ?

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BattletweeteR:
I noticed that, it seems all across all the cryptocurrencies had a dip at 8:30 this morning.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BattletweeteR:

I'd love to know as well.  Some of them were WAY down.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By WrightP:

View Quote

Musk said somewhere that he thought BTC and ETH were priced too high.

Musk has a lot of sway in the crypto markets and Im sure it spooked some whales who wanted to take profits ASAP and then a ton of other people panicked on the slide and sold off.

Ive only been in this game for a month, so its NOT for the emotional investor. Unless you get excited about 10% dips and the profits after buying at the bottom/on the way down/up
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Musk has a lot of sway in the crypto markets and Im sure it spooked some whales who wanted to take profits ASAP and then a ton of other people panicked on the slide and sold off.

Ive only been in this game for a month, so its NOT for the emotional investor. Unless you get excited about 10% dips and the profits after buying at the bottom/on the way down/up
View All Quotes

Ah Ok. I figure it was a "Bull Raid" or something like that. I thought Musk said that last week and since it trades 24/7 I figured it would have gone down immediately.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#37]

Ah Ok. I figure it was a "Bull Raid" or something like that. I thought Musk said that last week and since it trades 24/7 I figured it would have gone down immediately.
View Quote

Musk and BTC
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:13:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Willz] [#38]
All the whales and Musks of the world are buying right now while weaker players are dumping on something Musk said.
ETH took a bigger dump today as well.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#39]

HODL!!!
View All Quotes

HODL!!!

What if they can't because they geared up with leverage when they bought Their position would be sold our from under them!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:58:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jchewie1] [#40]
Originally Posted By captainpooby:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By captainpooby:
Originally Posted By jchewie1:
Anyone interested in Nu?

Lol, I am late to this party, it was a serious question, trying to get educated.  Seems like it is currently the only or one of a very few that does what it does.  Is there a need for it?  Idk

Efficiency seems like it is going to drive to proof of work models to proof of stake eventually.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Bought some more ETH and ADA today.

View All Quotes

Musk said the same thing about Tesla stock prices last year, at that time it was trading at about $150, look we’re they are now.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Hindsight doesn’t help you pull that off.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Question. I recently helped a friend by her first Eth for $1,700 and it’s all she had. What happens when her portfolio balance goes into the negative, assuming it rises back above that in a week? What happens in the meantime?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Question. I recently helped a friend by her first Eth for $1,700 and it’s all she had. What happens when her portfolio balance goes into the negative, assuming it rises back above that in a week? What happens in the meantime?
View Quote

Its not negative. She still owns the asset. However her dollar valuation went down.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Reason for today’s draft is a rumor that someone moved $1.5 billion worth of bitcoin out of cold storage on to exchange to sell.  Furthermore one of the addresses has been linked to a shady criminal account.

It doesn’t matter if you are going to HODL.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Her reaction is the only thing that matters.  Does she have weak hands or iron hodl'er hands ?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Trunalimunumaprzure:

Her reaction is the only thing that matters.  Does she have weak hands or iron hodl'er hands ?
View All Quotes

She didn't even know how to buy it herself so she probably has diamond hands.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Are we still talking about crypto?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Lol yep. Bitcoin is a wild and stressful ride until you are well into the green.  That’s the big reason to only invest what you can afford to set in fire
Page / 502
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top