BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What's GDs fascination with shitting on Ed Jones? I can tell you in the last 15yrs with Jones I have done very well. I know, I know sample size of me... But they have done well for my parents and grandmother as well. Bitcoin and Etherium are neat and I'd like to see them go to the moon! But why people shit on investing seems to be like gun owners shitting on each other for their choices. Cool story I know.
View Quote
It's not GD. But if you don't know about the internet I'm sure they seem dandy.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Biden is gonna destroy Bitcoin so Chinese crypto E-Yuan can take over. What his master wants, his master gets.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bitcoin falling since Treasury Secretary Yellen says it is bad and should be stopped.

https://news.bitcoin.com/janet-yellen-bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-illicit-financing/
View Quote

She could just be spreading FUD to drive down prices so her people can pick up more of it cheaper. Later they come out with regulations that aren't particularly onerous (or at least not for the wealthy) then the prices will moon again as the money printers keep on keeping on.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My son has been buying crypto like crazy. I kept telling him once joe and the ho were in it would be worthless. He kept a arguing that hell be able to convert it to cash and make money. I tried to explain to him that the dollar is on it's way to becoming worthless due to pedo joe and the ho. Wonder what his story will be now.
View Quote

Be careful what you wishould for. His story might br, "Dad, can I move in with you?  I'm broke."
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
So, I shouldn't be buying on these dips?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shhhhh
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Down to 32k this morning so i bought a little more.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:22:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Down to $32.6
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
FJY might not like crypto but FJB’s pick for head of the SEC is/was professor at MIT on blockchain technology.

Gary Gensler is Professor of the Practice of Global Economics and Management, MIT Sloan School of Management, Co-Director of MIT’s Fintech@CSAIL & Senior Advisor to the MIT Media Lab Digital Currency Initiative. He conducts research and teaches on blockchain technology, digital currencies, financial technology, and public policy.

https://mitsloan.mit.edu/faculty/directory/gary-gensler

https://www.investopedia.com/what-does-gary-gensler-as-sec-chief-mean-for-crypto-5095573

I would expect more regulation in regards to the shitcoin ico’s and the like, but I wouldn’t expect crypto to be banned, especially Bitcoin with all of the big institutions buying it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we finally see an ETF in the next year or two.

Edit: Here’s an interview with him. Decide for yourself. I just started it.

https://underscore.vc/blog/gary-gensler-on-the-future-of-blockchain/
View Quote

Finished it. I wouldn’t bet on a ban at all with him at the wheel of the SEC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:35:37 AM EDT
[#11]
So what's a viable not worthless, crypto that's not easily traceable like bitcoin?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:39:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If the dollar is on it's way out, then investing in a different currency would be the smart thing to do?
View Quote
Why invest in a currency at all?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:50:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Buy it lightly on the way down. When it hits $4k, buy it all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:51:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Which is the reason it's not going to be taken seriously as a real currency until the volatility comes way way way way down
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you're not prepared for +/-10-20% daily fluctuations on crypto that's traded 24/7 then you should stick with Edward Jones.

Which is the reason it's not going to be taken seriously as a real currency until the volatility comes way way way way down
Just like Tesla is nowhere near the value of the stock price, it is still a place one could have made a shit ton of money.
So who cares, make your money and hope you get out with big profits instead of losses?

Unfortunately I'm reasonable and don't like risking money on shit that is way overpriced.....hundreds of percent increases ago.

So bitcoin dropped way down to what it was a couple weeks ago. A month ago it was $22,700. So did it shoot up because of Biden or drop because of Biden?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Time to buy some more, then.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So what's a viable not worthless, crypto that's not easily traceable like bitcoin?
View Quote
I keep hearing this, and am familiar with the Ulbricht case where all the LE power on earth was focused on one case, and he kinda screwed up and made it easier...

But why do we never hear about ransomware crooks being arrested, if Btc is so traceable and insecure?

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My son has been buying crypto like crazy. I kept telling him once joe and the ho were in it would be worthless. He kept a arguing that hell be able to convert it to cash and make money. I tried to explain to him that the dollar is on it's way to becoming worthless due to pedo joe and the ho. Wonder what his story will be now.
View Quote
A weak dollar strengthens BTC.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Yellen doesn't like it.

Combined with the threat of taxing unrealized capital gains and you've kinda got a perfect storm.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:15:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yellen doesn't like it.

Combined with the threat of taxing unrealized capital gains and you've kinda got a perfect storm.
View Quote

Yellen is a washed-up old hag who will do more harm than good.  Her grand idea to tax unrealized gains was also floated by Ron Wyden (D-OR) in 2019.  It was loaded with problems then and is loaded with problems now.  It will wind up like any other tax on a business; the consumer winds up paying it.  She can squawk about the research all she wants but, at the end of the day, it will create more headaches than it's worth and cost everyone more in the long run.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Ethereum is also seeing a good bit of activity this morning.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yellen is a washed-up old hag who will do more harm than good.  Her grand idea to tax unrealized gains was also floated by Ron Wyden (D-OR) in 2019.  It was loaded with problems then and is loaded with problems now.  It will wind up like any other tax on a business; the consumer winds up paying it.  She can squawk about the research all she wants but, at the end of the day, it will create more headaches than it's worth and cost everyone more in the long run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yellen doesn't like it.

They don’t care about all that. They just want the tax.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yellen doesn't like it.

Preaching to the choir man.  Just saying that bitcoin represents a gov nightmare, untraceable and untaxable form of investment.

common stock gains would generate too much negative press, but bitcoin is still considered "fringe" investment and represents low-hanging fruit.  I could absolutely see the .gov going after it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Ethereum is also seeing a good bit of activity this morning.
View Quote

It would appear so.

Last week when ETH was flirting with $1100 I was going to grab some if it hit that level.  Still above that, hoping for a nice drop.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#25]
With a cure for the WooooHan-Flu, Liberals will be able to get out and get their drugs.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Preaching to the choir man.  Just saying that bitcoin represents a gov nightmare, untraceable and untaxable form of investment.

common stock gains would generate too much negative press, but bitcoin is still considered "fringe" investment and represents low-hanging fruit.  I could absolutely see the .gov going after it.
View Quote

But, it is traceable.  It's all on the blockchain.  The IRS are already using blockchain analytics.  The untraceable line is just trying to make it look like the preferred method of finance for terrorists.  If the government says it's a bad thing, you know it's probably good.  But, yeah...preacher, choir.  I agree.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It would appear so.

Last week when ETH was flirting with $1100 I was going to grab some if it hit that level.  Still above that, hoping for a nice drop.
View Quote

And it's picking up steam, it seems.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I keep hearing this, and am familiar with the Ulbricht case where all the LE power on earth was focused on one case, and he kinda screwed up and made it easier...

But why do we never hear about ransomware crooks being arrested, if Btc is so traceable and insecure?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be honest I haven't spent much time researching it, just heard it in a few places.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:44:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would they give up all that tax revenue?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:45:29 AM EDT
[#30]
PANIC!

We are still 11k over the top of the Bull Market support bands for BTC.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
PANIC!

We are still 11k over the top of the Bull Market support bands for BTC.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/129054/btcbull_JPG-1789406.JPG
View Quote

So what you think it's going to fall to low to mid 20k range?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:57:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Fuck it, started a coinbase account. Guess I’ll diversify further.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Down to $31k
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Fuck it, started a coinbase account. Guess I’ll diversify further.
View Quote

Use Coinbase Pro if you’re going with them. Lower fees.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:10:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Sold mine after it fell below 40k, walked away with a few hundred dollars profit in my pocket. Last time it spoke a few years ago I ended up with enough to buy a suppressor.

Would have been nice to have more but I just can’t bring myself to put any significant amount of money into what feels like a global Ponzi scheme.

Barely any places take it as payment and those that do just have it converted to dollars which tells you something about which is the more useful form of currency.

Bitcoin prophets bitch about the US dollar being fiat currency, ie money back by nothing other than faith in the government that prints it.

Well what the fuck do you think Bitcoin is?!? It’s a currency back by literally no country, there isn’t even paper bills you can hide under your mattress, it’s just ones and zeros bouncing around the internet. Not to mention the amount of energy consumed by all the damn crypto miners, which btw is necessary to process all of the transactions. Shut the miners down you shut the currency down. Fatal flaw IMO. If the price doesn’t keep going up miners will stop and then you can’t process transactions and the system grinds to a halt

I’m predicting this crypto currency is going to be a modern day tulips bubble. Early investors will get rich but the average joe chasing the fear of missing out is going to get burned. There will be a bunch of nerds sitting on a beach somewhere laughing at the rest of the world.

And if you think the US and Europe (the dollar and euro make up 90% of the currency circulated worldwide) are going to set back and let their monopoly on global currency be replaced by a digital currency you are stupid. They will do whatever it takes to put an end to this. At best it becomes a form of digital gold that some people choose to put a portion of their assets into, but there will never be a day when we all are paying with Bitcoin. It’s not going to happen.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:11:59 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm really struggling on where to put money now with the communist takeover.

It seems pretty obvious to me that the only companies that are going to do well going forward are the ones ruining this country.

What a shitty place to be.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wut? So crypto is now worthless? Boomers boomer again
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:54:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So what you think it's going to fall to low to mid 20k range?
View Quote
No idea. 31 looks like decent support, it's bounced off of it a few times, so we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Use Coinbase Pro if you're going with them. Lower fees.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck it, started a coinbase account. Guess I'll diversify further.

Use Coinbase Pro if you're going with them. Lower fees.
This.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Why would they give up all that tax revenue?
View Quote
I'm talking about Yellen's comment regarding the taxation of "unrealized capital gains".

I just can't see them going after common equity holdings that Maw and Paw have in their portfolio.  I think it would generate substantial unrest amongst the masses.

I can see them applying something like this to crypto currencies.  The majority of US citizens still don't understand them and don't hold them as investments.  It represents an easy tax grab by the .gov.

I'm just spitballing here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I did see this this morning:

"President Biden Suspends Controversial Cryptocurrency Wallet Rules"
https://dailycoin.com/president-biden-suspends-controversial-cryptocurrency-wallet-rules/
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even if we pursue the theory that Bitcoin is a measure of computing power, broadly;

Computer power is worthless when you aren't allowed to work, aren't allowed to store wealth, aren't allowed to use that computer power to pursue profitable ventures, can be denied commerce and even internet access, and so on.

Tl;dr, you can't eat teraflops.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Bitcoin dominance is falling.

Alt Season is coming.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:20:02 PM EDT
[#46]
It's going to drop further over the next few months... if you have any, I recommend to sell.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's going to drop further over the next few months... if you have any, I recommend to sell.
View Quote
Fair enough, but what about the next few years? It's not like there's a fee to hold it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why invest in a currency at all?

View Quote

That's the best question.  People are treating a speculative instrument as an investment vehicle.  Instead of taking profits, they hold and lose.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It seems pretty obvious to me that the only companies that are going to do well going forward are the ones ruining this country.

View Quote

Same, but I'm thinking commodity stocks should do well with whatever green new deal thing gets passed. The green new deal will require a lot of copper, nickel, and silver.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:40:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Same, but I'm thinking commodity stocks should do well with whatever green new deal thing gets passed. The green new deal will require a lot of copper, nickel, and silver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which mostly come from outside the US and the mines are often quasi owned by socialist governments.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top