Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2021 5:03:23 PM EDT
I asked this in GD but no response so I after thinking about I thought I would ask here.

Binance wants my DOB and S/S# to set up an account.  Do any of you have a Binance account and would you give them the information or would you give them a bogus DOB and social?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Binance wants my DOB and S/S# to set up an account.  Do any of you have a Binance account and would you give them the information or would you give them a bogus DOB and social?
View Quote

No, Maybe, and No
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I asked this in GD but no response so I after thinking about I thought I would ask here.

View Quote

Yes they require that information and it's for tax purposes.  It's all part of KYC and AML regulations in the US.  Don't like it, go to another exchange like KuCoin where they don't do any KYC or AML verification.  But be aware that blockchain does mean that the IRS CAN follow the paper trail of you converting USD fiat from your bank account/credit card into crypto because of the blockchain.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:54:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I would not give any information to a Chinese Exchange.

I would instead sign up with Coinbase, Kraken, Gemini or any other U.S. based exchange.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Coinbase wallet.  I want to buy alt coins (CHZ) but I can’t use Binance in Louisiana.
Looking for suggestions for another way to buy CHZ..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top