Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2022 1:07:28 PM EDT
Bill Clinton admits he sent federal agents to find out whether there were aliens at Nevada's Area 51 and 'made every attempt to find out everything about Roswell' during his presidency
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10929821/Bill-Clinton-admits-sent-federal-agents-Area-51-aliens.html

Former President Bill Clinton told James Cordon he sent federal agents to Area 51 to find out if aliens were hiding there.
Clinton, 75, joined Cordon, 43, on his show on Wednesday evening, revealing he and his former Chief of Staff John Podesta, sent a team to the classified military base.
'When I was president, and I had a Chief of Staff John Podesta - he loved science fiction - he made every attempt to find out everything about Roswell. And we also sent people to Area 51, we wanted to make sure there were no aliens.'

When Cordon excitedly asked the former president who exactly he sent to the coveted area, he grabbed the late-night host's shoulder and said: 'Oh, if I told you that.'
However, Clinton ended up revealing that, while the alien hunt was a disappointment, the base was used as a research and test ground for stealth aircraft.
'I got to find out how we're going to deal with this, because [Area 51] is where we do a lot our invisibility research in terms of technology, like how do we fly airplanes that aren't pick up by radar and all that,' he said. 'So that's why they're so secretive.'
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Read the article. No further mention of Roswell.

I guess that was a nothingburger as well.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Clinton has been saying that shit for years.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I think it had the longest runway in the world at one point.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
So, why not just demand all the classified files from this military installation be sent to his office?  It’s not like he wasn’t the Commander N Chief.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
His lips are moving. But I doubt any President knows anything that the Military Industrial Complex doesn’t reveal to him.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, why not just demand all the classified files from this military installation be sent to his office?  It's not like he wasn't the Commander N Chief.
View Quote

Lol.

There's plenty that POTUS is not privy to.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Lol.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, why not just demand all the classified files from this military installation be sent to his office?  It's not like he wasn't the Commander N Chief.

Lol.

So if the POTUS orders the Base Commander to deliver files, the Commander can simply say nope?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So if the POTUS orders the Base Commander to deliver files, the Commander can simply say nope?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Why would the base commander have access to all the files?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Case Closed!
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

This. Need to know basis
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This. Need to know basis
View Quote

I am sure if the President wanted access to something whether files, objects etc. they would have to give it to him.

Now that does not mean a President has instant access to items but if requested it would be provided to him
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol.

View Quote

Like what?
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This. Need to know basis
View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Whoops
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Like what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol.

Like what?

He's an elected official that's in his position for 4-8 years.  If he asked for access to any of the government's SAP's, he's going to get the runaround and/or the answer would simply be "you have not established a substantial 'need to know' for that information."

I'm sure nobody would just lie to the President and say "we don't have what you're requesting"...
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He's an elected official that's in his position for 4-8 years.  If he asked for access to any of the government's SAP's, he's going to get the runaround and/or the answer would simply be "you have not established a substantial 'need to know' for that information."

I'm sure nobody would just lie to the President and say "we don't have what you're requesting"...
View Quote

He is over the executive branch and their boss.   He could give them a direct order.  Especially the military officers.  

I am extremely doubtful they would refuse his request.  They might say be more specific in what you want but I am sure they would accommodate him in some way.  

Presidents have a lot of power and influence especially if their party controls congress.   I am doubtful most government officials would want to get in a pissing conflict with the President.  

Now could they withhold something if he did not specifically request it in detail.  Yes I imagine they would saying he needs to be more specific on what he wants

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Like what?
View Quote

Names of high level foreign intelligence assets such as foreign government and military officials for one. No reason to ever give this level of extremely sensitive info to a President. They simply don't need to know until such time as it becomes relevant.

Information on US successes in code breaking and intelligence gathering, particularly electronic data harvesting. Again, no reason for them to know about this in detail. Unlikely they would even understand it anyway.  

Lots of other examples.

When it comes to UFO/UAP,s there has been a lot of talk around the .gov farming put the projects and possession of evidence and/or materials to Lockheed. If there isn't an official .gov Program, that gives legal cover to those officials who look a President in the face and say "there is no such government program". Technically, that would be a true statement.

That's why there is so much interest in the Eric Davis memo
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's not how SAP access works. President automatically has need to know on everything. On the other hand he doesn't have time to be briefed on all the programs in detail. But if the president asks for it he gets it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 6:37:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Just like classification of secrets, the whole UFO thing must br compartmentalized. Hell they may even have a better system of keeping that stuff hidden.

Saw a documentry that told about jimmy carters attempt to access the UFO secrets and make them public. He was all excited but apparently the next day he was quiet and sullen. He either found out he's not as high on the totem pole he thought he was, or found out some shit that shook his world.

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:13:04 PM EDT
[#22]
He found nothing at Area 51 because the alien’s remains were moved to Wright Patterson AFB.  I thought everyone knew this…
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just like classification of secrets, the whole UFO thing must br compartmentalized. Hell they may even have a better system of keeping that stuff hidden.

Saw a documentry that told about jimmy carters attempt to access the UFO secrets and make them public. He was all excited but apparently the next day he was quiet and sullen. He either found out he's not as high on the totem pole he thought he was, or found out some shit that shook his world.

View Quote

I've seen and read the report Carter made of his UFO sighting when he was governor of Georgia. As an ex Navy Nuke guy, it read about like you'd expect him to write.  Short and to the point.
He most definitely had an interest in the subject.  

Let me ask a question?  If you held source point on this and the newly minted President Carter asked for a briefing, then appeared sullen after, would it be because you enthralled him?  Or, would it be because you ignored him?  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top