Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2021 2:51:12 PM EDT
Trying to get a mountain bike to get back into it. Haven't ridden road in about 5 years due to an injury.

Think I'm dead set on the trek remedy 8 and call my local dealer to see if they have any. On backorder until spring or summer of next year.

Closest store that has one in stock is in Missouri. Anyone have any connections with trek?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw a Specialized hardtail at my local shop for almost ten thousand dollars.

$10,000.

For a hardtail.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:56:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Trying to get a mountain bike to get back into it. Haven't ridden road in about 5 years due to an injury.

Think I'm dead set on the trek remedy 8 and call my local dealer to see if they have any. On backorder until spring or summer of next year.

Closest store that has one in stock is in Missouri. Anyone have any connections with trek?
View Quote
You know there are these things called postal services right?

Most bike shops will ship to other shops.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
whats my used
'04 rockhopper worth?

I want a road bike.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I should sell my carbon django.  More into running these days.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:59:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Feel your pain.  Want to replace my 10 year old road bike this year.

Not asking for much.  Want a carbon frame, relaxed geometry, hydraulic discs and ultegra components (not di2).

None to be had across any product lines.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I just wanted a beach cruiser this past summer. Unobtanium.

And it hasn’t changed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

They said I can go in, put down a deposit and see if another shop will give one up. Even then it's not a guarantee.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They said I can go in, put down a deposit and see if another shop will give one up. Even then it's not a guarantee.
View Quote

He is saying buy it from the MO store and have it shipped to your bike shop.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup its bad.  Can confirm on the Remedy 8.  Many other models are the same
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
if you want it, buy and go get it.

I work in a shop in Oklahoma.  We've had folks from Houston and Kansas City drive here to get bikes
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Really tempted to buy an Ice cream truck. I haven’t checked availability yet though
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe you can snag something used off the Pinkbike forum?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

TREK is PRO BLM, @krammitthefrog

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/trek-responds-to-use-of-police-bikes-against-black-lives-matter-protesters/
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Makes me wonder how much I could sell my old Trek 4500 for... ??
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trek just sent an email to their dealers a week or so ago warning that by summer they expect to be taking orders for bikes that will be delivered in 2023.  A lot of bikes are showing a 2022 delivery date right now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not when the bike is already assembled and especially not when they know they can sell it locally just as easily.

A Trek dealer could only ship a bike to another Trek dealer without violating their dealer agreement.  

If that happened the buyer could expect to pay full retail to the original shop plus shipping AND pay an assembly fee to the second store.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Call that store and put a deposit down.  Drive out pick it up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Wonder what the deal is with their logistics.  

Most bikes models are made in Asia, with just the tier 1 shit made in Waterloo, WI.  Wonder if some stupid universal component is made in some covid shutdown Chinese factory or something?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#19]
I had my Trek 7300 tuned up before Christmas at the local store where we purchased it, and they only had a handful of bikes in the store. Several of those were expensive electric bikes.

Here's what it's supposed to look like.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Pretty soon it won’t just be the bad neighborhoods where people store their bikes in their house for increased security.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Most bikes models are made in Asia, with just the tier 1 shit made in Waterloo, WI.  Wonder if some stupid universal component is made in some covid shutdown Chinese factory or something?
View Quote

Read this thread and weep for our future...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Your-Peloton-is-late-and-your-shoes-and-blenders-will-cost-more-Ask-me-anything-I-m-a-freight-forwarder/5-2418832/
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#22]
All health and fitness equipment is rare right now.

Good luck finding 45# plates for your home gym.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File
OP, are you a sendy bois?

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#24]
BMX is the same, except the UK and Aussies are playing the same game as folks here in the US. Buying frames, forks and collecting parts for a build. Skyways is claiming they can't find a shipping container, meanwhile SE racing is finding a way to make it happen.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not just Trek.  All manufacturers are in a bad way.  Parts availability is an issue too.

Trek was also pivoting manufacturing out of China when Covid hit as well.  I'm seeing models previously made in China coming out of Cambodia and Vietnam now
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:28:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I finally took my cannondale caffeine 29er that I bought on eBay years ago to a bike shop to fit a new set of forks
That’s small task has been crazy.   First getting bearings was impossible as they are all chinesium   And I didn’t want the original lefty style fork that went with it.  I bought it was just a used frame.   Hopefully buying the other components won’t be too bad.  Need brake system and cranks, and shifter.  Also seat post.  And I want to try a Hobson style saddle.

Also still have my 1990(?) rockhopper - I think
Not a lot of miles on it and mostly rails to trails.
That will be my fishing bike for trips to the youghiogeny river and maybe a few others
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Trek just sent an email to their dealers a week or so ago warning that by summer they expect to be taking orders for bikes that will be delivered in 2023.  A lot of bikes are showing a 2022 delivery date right now.
View Quote

So the bike salad days are over too?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So the bike salad days are over too?
View Quote

Hell, the salad salad days are over.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

He is saying buy it from the MO store and have it shipped to your bike shop.
View Quote

Trek is very particular about this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Components are difficult to find as well.

My Avid brakes shit the bed, and I was considering switching over to Shimano...guess I'll have to wait.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Homeless camp or Craig’s List
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Maybe you can snag something used off the Pinkbike forum?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/
View Quote

Thanks, I'll give it a look.

There's actually a 2019 remedy 9.8 for a good price locally but it's a medium.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My Avid brakes shit the bed, and I was considering switching over to Shimano...guess I'll have to wait.
View Quote

I could only grab a front brake.  No rears available till end of the month.  Shimano 520's
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#34]
A friend owns a local bike shop. I was talking to him about supply issues, and he said he had just placed an order for bikes with a delivery date in 2022!  He can get frames no problem, but the components are scarce. SRAM and Shimano have their own supply/production issues, plus the massive uptick in bike sales.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Avid brakes suck ass.  If you can get them to warranty it do that for now and order a set of Shimano's.  They may take 8 months to get in but at least you can rely on them working.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Canyon Spectral 7 is in stock in L and XL. Nice full squish trail bike.

Bike market was so bad in 2020 that I ended up replacing everything but the frame and bars on mine (rear shock rebuilt by Fox, forks replaced) instead of a new bike.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Trek are SJW scumbags.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not when the bike is already assembled and especially not when they know they can sell it locally just as easily.

A Trek dealer could only ship a bike to another Trek dealer without violating their dealer agreement.  

If that happened the buyer could expect to pay full retail to the original shop plus shipping AND pay an assembly fee to the second store.
View Quote

In other words , if you REALLY want this bike anytime in the next year . . . . be prepared to BEND OVER !  
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:36:08 PM EDT
[#39]
I’ve got a 2012 remedy 8 I’ll sell ya
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

In other words , if you REALLY want this bike anytime in the next year . . . . be prepared to BEND OVER !  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few months ago I had, literally, the last Trek Roscoe 8 in the nation in stock because I'd ordered it for a guy who backed out.

A dude called me from 3 hours away wanting it and asked me if I'd give him a deal.    

He just spent hours calling every shop for hours around him to see if anyone has one in stock and he's looking for a deal.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#41]
there is a direct correlation between bike availability and the rise of BLM
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Walmart was full of them...

A bike is a bike is a bike
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
there is a direct correlation between bike availability and the rise of BLM
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Wonder what my Klein Fervor is worth?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:26:46 PM EDT
[#45]
I couldn't pass up the used bike prices a few months ago and sold both my Trek Superfly FS and my Cannondale F29 for more than I paid for them - and I got to use them for 2 years.

I figured that I could last for a year or so and then pick up a used bike for considerably cheaper when everyone is headed back into the office instead of working from home and a glut of used bikes is dumped into the second-hand market, or production catches up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:37:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

A few months ago I had, literally, the last Trek Roscoe 8 in the nation in stock because I'd ordered it for a guy who backed out.

A dude called me from 3 hours away wanting it and asked me if I'd give him a deal.    

He just spent hours calling every shop for hours around him to see if anyone has one in stock and he's looking for a deal.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Trek dealer could only ship a bike to another Trek dealer without violating their dealer ahmmmogreement.  

We get the same thing.  Bikes dont sit around.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Where in MO? Might be able to help.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Trek is BLM Communist woke company and refused to provide bikes to cops last year.  Why feed them???
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like they're sold out of Ice Cream Trucks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Just picked up a Trek Farley last weekAttachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top