Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2023 11:04:07 PM EDT
I'm pretty sure I have a mystery coolant leak on the station wagon. (don't look at me - it's what the DMV calls it)
02 Suburban 2500 8.1l

I've read a few things that say this could be an intake gasket failure. I've already replaced everything but the heater core and that weird little top hose from the overflow to the top of the radiator. I'm not seeing coolant drips any more, I don't smell it, and I don't see white clouds behind me, so there's not a lot left.

Rock lists a few options for this gasket set. The part that confuses me is the GM Genuine part is $52, and the FelPro is $81. Why is the real thing cheaper?

Hmmm... I just found a hose listed that i'm not familiar with - ACDELCO 15020224 - only identified as To Throttle Body. Looks like I start pulling shrouds and see where this mystery hose is.

Link Posted: 3/11/2023 12:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Because FelPro fixed the fucked up GM gaskets.  I have changed intake gaskets on every GM I have owned to FelPro. You might want to get an oil test.  Sometimes the coolant leaks into the pan and the oil will not look milky. Happened on a  4.3 V6 I still have.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hmmm... I just found a hose listed that i'm not familiar with - ACDELCO 15020224 - only identified as To Throttle Body. Looks like I start pulling shrouds and see where this mystery hose is.
View Quote

Might be a coolant line that heats the throttle body. They do that so it doesn't get ice build up and stuck throttle issues.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:12:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I use FelPro on every engine I build.  Read the directions, bro.

Have you done a pressure test?

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I lucked out - found a seep under a hose - seems to be OK after re-doing that clamp.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top